Nintendo MEGATON Conferences

Anything to do with games at all.
Oxx
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo to hold Autumn 2008 Conference. Go Go Pilotwings!
by Oxx » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:57 pm

There's absolutely no need for a new DS.

The DSLite nailed almost all of the criticisms of the original model and made the DSPhat obsolete overnight.

The DSLite is still selling millions every month. Why would Nintendo want to confuse the market with another model? What could they improve that would be a significant enough leap over the Lite?

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Could it be time for the DS 2?

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Oxx wrote:What could they improve that would be a significant enough leap over the Lite?

TEH GRAFIX!

Gamecube-ish quality, preferably.

Oxx
Joined in 2008

by Oxx » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:12 pm

chalkitdown wrote:
Oxx wrote:What could they improve that would be a significant enough leap over the Lite?

TEH GRAFIX!

Gamecube-ish quality, preferably.

Why would they do that when the PSX/N64-ish quality DS is selling out?

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 pm

gooseberry fools 'n' giggles.

Hero of Canton
Joined in 2008

by Hero of Canton » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Mockmaster wrote:Latest news is a simultaneous American and Japanese conference.

Genuinely?

If that's the case, then I am starting to expect big news. Bigger than I thought, anyway.

DML wrote:F'NARR!
Echarin
Joined in 2008

by Echarin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Hero of Canton wrote:
Mockmaster wrote:Latest news is a simultaneous American and Japanese conference.

Genuinely?

If that's the case, then I am starting to expect big news. Bigger than I thought, anyway.

You're walking right into Mocky's trap.

Hero of Canton
Joined in 2008

by Hero of Canton » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 pm

So there isn't a US conference?

Oxx
Joined in 2008

by Oxx » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:37 pm

Hero of Canton wrote:So there isn't a US conference?

IGN says there is:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/911/911159p1.html

Echarin
Joined in 2008

by Echarin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 pm

No no, there's a US conference, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Don't you think he's acting a bit... over excited? I'll let you in on a little secret. You ready? It's all an act. He's trying to get people hopeful about some big announcemnes, and then when the inevitable (as he sees it) happens and there's nothing big or new announced... well, you saw what happened after E3.
That is his plan.

What's that? I'm seriously over-thinking this and extremely paranoid?

Yeah, that's quite possible too.

Hero of Canton
Joined in 2008

by Hero of Canton » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Ah, right. And yes, I know full well what happened after E3, as I bore the brunt of it.

I'm not sure there'll be anything truly MEGATON worthy, but two simultaneous conferences suggests something more than your average tiny announcements.

Echarin
Joined in 2008

by Echarin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Hero of Canton wrote:I'm not sure there'll be anything truly MEGATON worthy, but two simultaneous conferences suggests something more than your average tiny announcements.

Same thing happened last year right? What did we get out of that? I remember Sonic was announced for Brawl, but not much else (that in itself was pretty damn big though).

Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Echarin wrote:No no, there's a US conference, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Don't you think he's acting a bit... over excited? I'll let you in on a little secret. You ready? It's all an act. He's trying to get people hopeful about some big announcemnes, and then when the inevitable (as he sees it) happens and there's nothing big or new announced... well, you saw what happened after E3.

If there's one thing Chris is all about, it's the announcemnes. Particularly the sea ones.

Hero of Canton
Joined in 2008

by Hero of Canton » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Echarin wrote:
Hero of Canton wrote:I'm not sure there'll be anything truly MEGATON worthy, but two simultaneous conferences suggests something more than your average tiny announcements.

Same thing happened last year right? What did we get out of that? I remember Sonic was announced for Brawl, but not much else (that in itself was pretty damn big though).

Yeah, that was big, and there was Monster Hunter announced as an exclusive too. Granted, that's much bigger in Japan, but it was still big news.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Eighthours wrote:
Echarin wrote:No no, there's a US conference, but that's not what I'm talking about.

If there's one thing Chris is all about, it's the announcemnes. Particularly the sea ones.

I hope to God round 3 has started...

Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 pm

MCN wrote:
Eighthours wrote:

:fp: :roll:

You should read the rules (having already got them wrong 3 times), particularly the part about deliberate mistakes.

Pancake
Joined in 2008

by Pancake » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Eighthours wrote:
MCN wrote:
Eighthours wrote:

You should read the rules (having already got them wrong 3 times), particularly the part about deliberate mistakes.

You aren't fooling anyone. Bitch.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Eighthours wrote:
MCN wrote:
Eighthours wrote:

Oh, gooseberry fool.

Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Pancake wrote:
Eighthours wrote:
MCN wrote:
Eighthours wrote:

You aren't fooling anyone. Bitch.

:roll:

Has everyone been lobotomised tonight or something? Read the post before mine.

Pancake
Joined in 2008

by Pancake » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:14 pm

Eighthours wrote: :roll:

Has everyone been lobotomised tonight or something? Read the post before mine.

:lol:
Might be your turn for a.... :fp:

I just fancied being an unnecessarily facetious oik. I'm like that sometimes.

Return to “Games”