The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
satriales
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Success!
by satriales » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm

You've moved up to even higher stakes :fp:

Just don't say I didn't warn you when you lose it all :lol:

Edit: Oh wait, it's limit so it's still the same as you were playing before. I thought you were playing NL50 for a moment there.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:06 pm

I haven't

Time for adventure
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 pm

I've had a pretty good night of poker. I played six $11 18man tournaments and cashed in four of them. I got a 4th, 2nd, 2nd, and 1st 8-)

One of the 2nd places should have been another 1st as heads up I got it all-in pre flop with AT and the guy called with A4 and hit a four :evil:. The other 2nd place was unlucky too as I lost three times with pocket pair against overcards.

Overall $132 profit for those 6 games, which brings the roll back up to $900 :D

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 pm

What a load of strawberry floating wank. I could have spent the time I've been playing poker banging my head on a wall, it wouldn't have cost me any money and I probably would have passed out after a few minutes so I'd suffer less. gragh

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:59 am

I'm currently playing the same $5 rebuy that I played on Saturday night. I cashed in 197th last time but this time I have beat that and am currently 30th out of 105. There were 3111 entrants and at the moment I'm guaranteed $74.18 :D

This has potential for a big win...

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 am

We're down to just 28 players now and I'm currently 6th. If I go out now I win $100 but if I can just get to the final table then 9th place is worth $476 and 1st is $7,152!!

It's a tough game to play as even though I have a stack that is double the average (1,000,000 chips 8-) ), the blinds are so big that when I raise someone will just shove afterwards to steal the blinds.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 am

I've made the final table!!! :D :D

This is going to be hard. I have the three biggest stacks to the left of me and they are extremelly agressive. Any kind of raise and they just put you all-in. :|

Edit: We're down to 8 players now, so I am guaranteed at least $688 for 8th place. I was 4th coming to the final table, but I raised the shortest stack all-in with AK against his AJ and he managed to flop the nut straight :fp: So now I'm last but apart from a couple of big stacks we all have similar stack sizes.

Edit: And I'm out in 7th. Everyone was just too agressive so I couldn't make many bluffs and I didn't get any good cards. The big blind was 80k and just about to rise to 100k and my stack was 800k so I shoved from the button with 9Ts as it was the best hand I'd seen for ages and I got called by AJ.

Still, I won $1,112.69! :D

Edit: This is the guy that was the most agressive on my table: http://officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/Mpiyavv/poker/results/31ED403ED3384287AC372BEE154BB331.html?t=2
His stats are quite amazing, he won 22k yesterday for coming 2nd in a 250k tournament :shock:

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am

Great job Sat!

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 am

Wow that's amazing. When I read the post about cashing in the 18 man games I was like "jebus this guy does so good at tourneys" but then that! Are you going to withdraw any or move up? I played some HU cash last night, £5. 8-)

Well done once again.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks guys!

I've withdrawn $1000 and left $940 in my account. I'm going to stick to the $10 SnGs for now as I haven't been playing them long and despite not cashing in three more 18mans that I played during the $5 rebuy last night, I was still up nearly $100 on those yesterday.

Oh and thanks SpaceJebus for railing for a bit. I was surprised to see you at what must've been nearly 2am :lol:

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Congrats Sat, nice one. :)

Crap month for me but I still finished a winner (A few dollars lol) despite running ridiculously bad. Read this elsewhere so I thought I'd share it and see if anybody get's the right answer, it's an interesting one.

You are playing a heads up freezeout with another player for one million dollars cash each. The blinds will be only $0.50-$1. Your opponent has agreed to go all-in every hand, and furthermore, to reveal his hole cards before you decide to call or not.

After you fold to his shoves for the first two hands, he open shoves again on the third as per your agreed rules. He shows 7s-2d. What should you do with:

(a) 3d-3h

(b) Ac-Kh

(c) As-Kd

(d) Ac-2c

(e) Ac-7c

(f) Ad-Ah

Let's hear your answers...

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Just turned $10 into $22 :mrgreen:

It's not quite a grand but it's a start :(

Time for adventure
SpaceJebus
Joined in 2008

by SpaceJebus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 pm

satriales wrote:Thanks guys!

I've withdrawn $1000 and left $940 in my account. I'm going to stick to the $10 SnGs for now as I haven't been playing them long and despite not cashing in three more 18mans that I played during the $5 rebuy last night, I was still up nearly $100 on those yesterday.

Oh and thanks SpaceJebus for railing for a bit. I was surprised to see you at what must've been nearly 2am :lol:

That's quite alright, I sometimes log on when I'm doing other stuff and see if any of you guys are playing. I'm glad you knocked out that guy (Nova Operator I think) with the 10s v 2s as someone was going to catch him out soon and he had quite a few chips.

Congratulations on your winnings, I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch the whole thing though! :lol:

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:07 pm

PsychicSykes wrote:Read this elsewhere so I thought I'd share it and see if anybody get's the right answer, it's an interesting one.

You are playing a heads up freezeout with another player for one million dollars cash each. The blinds will be only $0.50-$1. Your opponent has agreed to go all-in every hand, and furthermore, to reveal his hole cards before you decide to call or not.

After you fold to his shoves for the first two hands, he open shoves again on the third as per your agreed rules. He shows 7s-2d. What should you do with:

(a) 3d-3h

(b) Ac-Kh

(c) As-Kd

(d) Ac-2c

(e) Ac-7c

(f) Ad-Ah

I was just going to say call with any of those, but then I realised you have 1,000,000 BB so it would be stupid to call with most of those hands (except maybe aces) as you can just wait until you have him even more dominated such as 77 vs 72.

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:10 pm

(a) 3d-3h Fold

(b) Ac-Kh Call

(c) As-Kd Call

(d) Ac-2c Fold

(e) Ac-7c Call

(f) Ad-Ah Call

Was I right or is there no right and wrong answer?

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:34 pm

strawberry floating hell, Sat! :D

I'll get it added to the first post later.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Fold them all.

Nova
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Sat wins big!
by Nova » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:51 pm

Sat what rebuy is that? I might play a game tonight...

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 pm

satriales wrote:
PsychicSykes wrote:Read this elsewhere so I thought I'd share it and see if anybody get's the right answer, it's an interesting one.

(a) 3d-3h

(b) Ac-Kh

(c) As-Kd

(d) Ac-2c

(e) Ac-7c

(f) Ad-Ah

I was just going to say call with any of those, but then I realised you have 1,000,000 BB so it would be stupid to call with most of those hands (except maybe aces) as you can just wait until you have him even more dominated such as 77 vs 72.

Nail on head. While you can be a favourite with every single hand should you call, you have so many blinds you have the opportunity to wait it out for the best possible situation, for instance, where you have a pair that dominates their top card and allows them the minimum straight outs. AA over A7, 88 over 82 or TT over T4 would be what you were looking for. Maybe not that interesting all in all for some of you but I enjoyed the thought process.

I'll be playing shortly if anybody wants to watch me metaphorically get kicked in the balls. ;)

satriales
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Sat wins big!
by satriales » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Nova wrote:Sat what rebuy is that? I might play a game tonight...

It was a $5 rebuy (40K guaranteed) that starts at 11pm.

It's the same tournament that I won last year and I think it's probably also the same one that you won. The fields must be getting larger though as when I won it 1st prize was $3,000 then when you got it I think it was about $4,500 and now last nights first prize was over $7,000.

Return to “Archive”