The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Poker Thread - The Main Event!
by Drumstick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:34 am

Here are your updates from Day 3 of the Main Event.

Two Australian Heavyweights Seated Together

We've spotted an interesting starting table to kick off Day 3 of the Main Event, featuring arguably the two highest profile Australians -- 2005 World Champion Joe Hachem and 2009 triple-bracelet winner Jeff Lisandro. Both are Australian Poker Hall of Fame members and start the day well placed with Hachem sitting with 138,900 and Lisandro a commanding 229,300. This table was originally slotted for the red section but due to its star-power has been moved to the ESPN feature table.

Seidel Says Goodbye

First in from the button, Erik Seidel came in with a raise. The small blind folded, but Aaron Coulthard reraised from the big blind. Seidel moved all in for just less than 50,000, and Coulthard instantly called.
Showdown
Seidel: ImageImage Coulthard: ImageImage Seidel was in bad shape, and the board would give him no stay of execution.

De Wolfe Eliminated

Roland de Wolfe was all in preflop against an opponent holding pocket sixes. De Wolfe had two overs with ImageImage. The ESPN cameras rushed over to capture the action as the board ran out ImageImageImageImageImage. De Wolfe was eliminated on the hand.

A Long Hand for Hellmuth's Tournament Life

Phil Hellmuth is known for doing things on a grand scale. He proved that again today in what may be the single longest hand we've ever watched. Things started out normally enough as Hellmuth check-called his opponent's 6,000 chip bet on a board of ImageImageImage. Hellmuth checked the on the Image turn and his opponent led for 6,000 more. Hellmuth raised to 16,000, and his opponent called. When Hellmuth led for 15,000 at the on the Image river, his opponent took just over a second before moving all in for an additional 104,900, completely confusing Hellmuth. "What is this? What in the world? Where did you find that card?" Hellmuth asked before falling deep into the tank. As he sat trying to work things through, the table attracted a huge crowd of camera people, reporters and eager spectators. Hellmuth appeared not to notice as he continued to puzzle things together. "You bluffing? You got it?" he asked. His opponent sat quietly listening to his iPod and doing his best to ignore Hellmuth's questions. "Wow, this is like my whole world series," Hellmuth added. "I don't think you'd move in with aces. I feel like I have you," he continued. A few minutes later, Hellmuth continued on. "I'm sorry I'm thinking so long guys, but this is my whole world series. My instincts say I have you buddy," Hellmuth said finally before making the call. Hellmuth: ImageImage Opponent: ImageImage "Yes! My tournament life on the line baby. Every time I tried to fold, my instincts wouldn't let me," Hellmuth exclaimed when he saw his winning straight. The 15-minute hand ended right at the break and took Hellmuth's stack to 320,000.

Player of the Year: Who Else?

A boisterous ovation just erupted from the featured table, and we could see Jeff Lisandro standing up and shaking hands with Commissioner Jeffrey Pollack as some quick words were exchanged. The rest of the featured table stood to shake Lisandro's hand as well as the roaring applause continued. A moment later, Media Director Nolan Dalla confirmed our suspicions over the PA system. Jeff Lisandro has just locked up Player of the Year honors for 2009! Ville Wahlbeck was the only man within striking distance of Lisandro's lofty 355 point total, and it appears the Finn has just been knocked out. It truly was a remarkable and historic Series for Lisandro, picking up three bracelets over the course of the seven weeks. And he's still in the running for number four, we might add. What's even more remarkable is how he did it, absolutely running over three final tables to win the Stud Triple Crown -- one bracelet in each of Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, and Razz. Congratulations to Jeff Lisandro for his amazing run and on capturing one of the most significant titles here at the WSOP, Player of the Year!

Ivey Meets ElkY

As a few more tables are broken in the red section of the Amazon Room to open the way for a few more cash games to get underway, we've just seen a very interesting table break. Phil Ivey's table was broken and he needed five racks to transport his chips, but he didn't have to move far. His new table was only a few short steps away as he now finds himself seated two to the right of Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier! Expect some fireworks!

Bill Edler Eliminated

Bill Edler is the latest player to hit the rail in a rapidly shrinking Brasilia Room. Preflop he called a raise to 4,400 with position on the raiser. Jamie Brown also called from the big blind. All three players checked the ImageImageImage flop. The turn came Image. Brown had first action and opened for 11,800. That bet folded the preflop raiser before Edler raised to 29,800. Brown moved all in, having Edler's 90,000 well-covered. Edler called with ImageImage, having turned a set of threes. Brown showed ImageImage, a flopped set of tens. There was no miracle for Edler on the Image river. After the hand, Edler stood up, shook hands with everyone at the table (particularly giving Brown a firm shake and a "Well played") and then departed the Brasilia Room.

Hellmuth Hammers

On a board of ImageImageImageImageImage a player in the small blind checked over to Phil Hellmuth who fired 14,000 into the pot. His opponent made a quick call. "Kings with a ten," said Hellmuth, but his opponent tabled ImageImage for two pair to take it down. While we watched on in eager anticipation of a Hellmuth implosion as he started muttering away to his opponent, Hellmuth was involved in another interesting hand soon after. Hellmuth three-bet preflop from the big blind to 12,000 and John Hammer made the call in position in the cutoff. The flop landed ImageImageImage and Hellmuth led for 14,000. Hammer made the call. The turn was the Image and Hellmuth checked to Hammer who bet 23,000. Hellmuth then went into the tank with a series of theatrics that involved him removing his iPod and then his jacket. After cutting out chips on several occasions he finally gave it the "raise it up" and added 63,000 to Hammer's bet. "Must have more than one pair..." sighed Hammer and quickly released as Hellmuth raked in the chips. He's now up to nearly 350,000 chips.

Raymer Speaks

Greg Raymer's table is the next table to break. As they prepare to move to the Amazon Room, Raymer has been taking one last look around the Brasilia Room for this 2009 WSOP -- specifically, at all of the international flags that hang from the rafters here. "Down the end of this row," Raymer said, pointing towards the front of the Brasilia Room, "has got to be the most messed-up looking flag I've ever seen. It's three disembodied legs that have been joined together at the hip. How messed up is that?" Raymer was referring to the flag of a nation well-known to many in the poker industry -- the Isle of Man.

:lol:

Greg Raymer Eliminated

Facing a single pre-flop raise, Greg Raymer moved all in for about 80,000 and his opponent made the call. Raymer's ImageImage needed some serious help against his opponent's ImageImage, but he couldn't find it. Before departing the table, however, Raymer took the shiny fossil he'd been using as a card capper and graciously signed it for the player who busted him.

Welcome Back from Dinner, Mr. Hellmuth

We got to the table on the turn with the board reading ImageImageImageImage. Phil Hellmuth was facing a bet of 20,000 from his opponent. It appeared as if Hellmuth checked over to his opponent on the turn. There was also nearly 50,000 chips in the pot. Hellmuth asked for a count after a few moments and the player responded, "About 140,000 left." Hellmuth then wanted an exact count and the dealer took over. "142,000." said the dealer. "Okay, I'm all in." announced Hellmuth. "I call." announced his opponent. Hellmuth tabled pocket kings, and his opponent showed ImageImage. The set-over-set cooler had Hellmuth looking to move upwards of 600,000 if he could dodge the one out his opponent had. The river was the Image and Hellmuth's opponent got up and exited the tournament. With that pot, Hellmuth is now at 595,000 chips.

Juanda Slips Out the Door on the Montana Banana

Action folded to John Juanda who pushed all in from the cutoff for 19,000. The small blind called and we saw the hands. Juanda: ImageImage Opponent: ImageImage The board missed Juanda completely, and his Main Event run came to an abrupt halt.

A MillY for ElkY

We just caught the tail end of a sleeper pot that developed over on Table 150. With the board already spread in the middle of the table, the community cards showed ImageImageImageImageImage and there were about 40,000 chips in the pot. It was heads up with Jerry Wong first to speak, and he bet 33,000. His opponent, Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier, came back with a raise to 133,300. After taking some time to consider, Wong moved all in for an additional ~250,000 on top. ElkY was clearly pained by the decision he faced. After carefully considering his predicament though, he did indeed make the call, having Wong slightly covered. ElkY tabled ImageImage for middle set. Wong had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, sheepishly turning over ImageImage for just second pair. After spending most of the day riding a huge stack, Jerry Wong has been snapped off by Grospellier, headed out the door here toward the latter stages of Day 3. ElkY, on the other hand, has become the second player to cross the million-chip mark. He's right around 1,100,000 now, though it'll be nearly impossible to get a perfect count until the floor colors up the Great Wall of Chips sitting in front of him.

Phillips Gifted

Dennis Phillips raised his small blind to 7,000, only for the gent in the big blind to make an unlikely shove for 86,100. Call. Phillips: ImageImage Unnecessary Shover: ImageImage The board came full of blanks. The big blind is bust, and Phillips is up to 430,000.

Phil Hellmuth: Chip Counter

Two players were tangled up in an all-in pot over at Table Hellmuth, pocket kings against pocket eights. The kings held up and the shorter of the two players doubled up. The dealer counted down the stacks and announced, "One hundred forty-three thousand, two hundred." Hellmuth was watching with a keen eye. "One forty-three one? Or one forty-three two?" he asked. "Two," said the dealer confidently. "Show it to me then," said Hellmuth. The dealer broke down the stacks again, and sure enough, Hellmuth was right. "People are gonna get paid the right amount when I'm at the table," he said to nobody in particular. Hellmuth is scowling and a bit grumpy right now. Better stick close by his table.

Phil Hellmuth: Tournament Director

The tournament is running just a bit differently tonight than in previous nights. Where we would normally stop at the ten-minute mark and draw a card so that all tables played the same number of hands, tonight the last level is being played all the way down to zero. That's causing some ripples of confusion and disdain around the room, with Ground Zero being located right smack in the middle of Table Hellmuth. When he realized what was going on, Hellmuth shot out of his chair and scoured the room for a listening ear. Unfortunately for Media Director Nolan Dalla, Hellmuth's gaze landed on him. "Nolan... Nolan... Nolan..." he repeated as he walked across the floor to interrupt a conversation. "This is terrible, Nolan. Everyone's going to stall. They don't want to take the big blind, so they stall." Dalla was nodding and clearly looking for a good spot to stick in a reply. "I don't wanna play that stall game," finished Hellmuth. Dalla politely told Phil that it was not his decision to make, sending him storming back to his table. Just a few seconds later, we overheard the table talk between Phil and his neighbor Chris Bjorin. Hellmuth was still going on about the schedule. "I don't know what to do. They're just going to stall. I think I'm supposed to stall. I think we have to stall. We may not play another hand here." To everyone's content, the last few hands were finished up without incident over there.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:36 am

Playing a $5 Rebuy on ipoker atm. It's insane. Played two hands only in the first half hour. I raise A4s. Mega donk calls (he has had 10+ rebuys) and the biggest stack at the table min raises. I call, donk calls. Flop comes 444. I check. Donk shoves. Laughing atm because I expect the big stack to have a real strong hand. He folds though and I double up off the other guy. On 6k, 1500 starting stack.

Also registered for the $10 rebuy starting shortly and might play a few more random tournaments today. :)

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:51 pm

satriales wrote:I just played 12 more of the $5 double or nothing tourneys. The first four I ran bad (AA lost to 88) but still won two of the tables, so was just down $0.80 from the rake. The next four I also only won two so was down another $0.80. The last 4 I won all four so was up $19.20 for those.

I still quite like the double or nothings and I think they could be very good for grinding. At the moment I play four at a time and it only takes about 45mins for those 4 to finish. I've still haven't played that many overall but if they continue to be profitable then I wil try playing 6 or 8 at a time as most of the time you are just folding and there aren't many hard decisions to make.

Are you playing the turbo or regular variety?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Rex McGee wrote:Playing a $5 Rebuy on ipoker atm. It's insane. Played two hands only in the first half hour. I raise A4s. Mega donk calls (he has had 10+ rebuys) and the biggest stack at the table min raises. I call, donk calls. Flop comes 444. I check. Donk shoves. Laughing atm because I expect the big stack to have a real strong hand. He folds though and I double up off the other guy. On 6k, 1500 starting stack.

Also registered for the $10 rebuy starting shortly and might play a few more random tournaments today. :)

I'm watching. No observer chat sucks though.

AK owns your soul as well then?

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Played $5 rebuy. Got to last 50 and 20 paid. Lost AK vs JJ all in pre.

Played $10 rebuy. Was on 3k. Got AI on a J83 flop with AJ and T3 called my check raise shove to hit a 3 on the turn. Would have been on ~8k from that.

Played $1 rebuy. Got to 10k on KK hands. Got in a massive pot with TT vs AK vs 77 and the guy rivered a K. Would put me on 22k.

No more donkabuys for me. Might play a freezeout but seriously why do I bother trying. *opens up HU games on the side*

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Good to see some big names still battling it out for the Main Event. If one or two made the final table it would be great!

Come on Eastgate!

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:43 pm

DML wrote:Good to see some big names still battling it out for the Main Event. If one or two made the final table it would be great!

Shane Warne's gone now. :cry:

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Rex is deep in a $20 Freezeout on iPoker at the moment, running 6/12. :D

Come rail! Also on MSN for chat.

Image Image Image
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Drumstick wrote:Rex is deep in a $20 Freezeout on iPoker at the moment, running 6/12. :D

Come rail! Also on MSN for chat.

Down to the final four now! 2/4.

Image Image Image
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:09 pm

And now it's HU between Rex and the chip leader.

Rex: 90k
Guy: 295k

1st place: $712
2nd place: $422

Edit: He won! :D

Image Image Image
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Sick mayne. wp sir

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Thanks for those watching, in particular Drumstick who railed form the very start of the tournament!

I'll see what I can remember from the tournament. I remember getting KK early on and some shorter stack shoved for 1k and I took that so went up to 4k. I then lost some playing QT quite aggressively and went down to 2.3k after some blinding. Waited a bit and got moved table to pick up KK again. Got involved in a 4 way all in which was KK vs JJ vs AQs vs AK and I won to move up to 9k.

Stayed on 9k for sometime. Moved up and down around it though, highest was about 12k. Really got no real hands for about an hour and then got KK once more. Got it AI pre vs some donk called wedner5 or something who had 77 and doubled me up. The standard was so damn poor. Stack went up and down a bit again but remained around 15k+.

Really don't remember much more apart from at the bubble I had roughly 25k. I had average stack or just about for most of the tournament. Bubble burst and we hit two tables. Got AK a few times and picked up chips but nothing huge. Table had 3 or 4 very big stacks who were terrible so I just waited and waited. I built up a stack (cannot remember how) and ended up knocking the guy out in 11th with luck box of a J8 for the straight hand. Was about 40k at final table.

Didn't play much at FT until I got 99 in BB and wedner raised to 10k. I shipped and he called with K6s lol. He made so so many terrible calls in that tournament.

Watch more and more people go out and ended up 4 handed. Stole blinds every now and then of course. Somehow I had 100k or thereabouts. I think I had another hand with someone that wasn't wedner, cannot remember. I got down to about 50k though sadly. Got involved in some pots with the guy who I cannot remember his name but it begins with e, the guy I end up playing HU anywho. He took some of my chips just because he was so aggressive post flop. Happened twice where he bet pot OOP and I am holding high card.

Got it AI AQ vs AK and rivered the Q. back up to 100k.

The other guy then proceeded to knock the other two out (I think, I may have knocked one out but don't think so).

HU was lel. He was terrible. Helped that I had played so much HU lately I could just read. I only got caught ONCE making a mistake and folded. Every other time I made him fold or just folded pre. Then my net disconnected. Perfect timing huh. The guy stole several of my BB because he is a twat (I'd have done the same thing??) which was significant since we were not very deep anymore. I left on 230k and came back to like 150k. Annoying. Anyway I got Drumstick ready to take over if it happened again. Ended up grinding back up since he was lol bad then he limped and I checked back Q7 to flop two pair. The betting made it so obv he was holding AQ KQ QJ and I pwned.

And then it was the end.

Thanks once again for the railage! I was paid in ££ for the benefit of the first post since the exchange rate is likely to change so often and my roll is in ££ you might as well put it as £439 since that is what I received.

Roll is £1172 :)

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:16 pm

There about 70 players away from the cash bubble in the Main Event :o

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Rex wins £439 in $20 Freezeout!
by Drumstick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Image Image Image
Lenty
Joined in 2008

by Lenty » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:45 am

Nice win Tom. Awesome! Yeah - your heads up play must be awesome compared to a lot of tourney players. Disconnects suck - terrible internet here too :(.
Also bubble has just burst in WSOP, Hurrah!

Sparky
Joined in 2008

by Sparky » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:22 am

Excellent result, mate. Well done.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:07 am

Lenty wrote:Nice win Tom. Awesome! Yeah - your heads up play must be awesome compared to a lot of tourney players. Disconnects suck - terrible internet here too :(.

Would this explain why Hannah tells me you are playing Saint's row and not TF2? :P

Tried playing some 50NL HU last night but certainly is harder. Far more regs to avoid/adjust your play tye. I've been playing mega fish only recently just by selection so only raising like 35% of buttons just because it seems to work being more selective but I cannot do this against a better player.

Yeah in the money now but Jamie's stack is < 200k now.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:31 am

Updates from Day 4 of the Main Event.

Harrington's Cowboys Lasso Karlson

Dana Karlson was all in for about 60,000 before the flop, and both Dan Harrington and Paren Arzoomanian came along to put Karlson at risk. The flop rolled out ImageImageImage. Arzoomanian checked, and he would fold to a bet of 60,000 from Harrington. Action Dan tabled ImageImage, and Karlson was in a bad way with ImageImage. The Image on the turn left Karlson drawing dead, and the meaningless Image filled out the board. With that, Karlson is out, and Harrington has climbed to 460,000.

ElkY Terrorizing Table 28

With the money bubble approaching, it should come as no surprise that Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier has opened up his game and his aggression exponentially. Grospellier's stack currently stands at about 1.6 million. With blinds at 2,000 and 4,000, the next five stacks in order around the table from Grospellier have 190,000, 240,000, 140,000, 255,000 and 185,000. Each of those stacks is comfortable enough not to feel a ton of pressure from the blinds, but not so deep as to be able to tolerate losing a big pot on the bubble. Those conditions are ripe for ElkY to chip up, 6,000 in blinds at a time.

Hevad Khan Eliminated

The man who has brought so much entertainment to the Main Event over several years, Hevad Khan, has just been eliminated within sight of the money. After a preflop raising war, Khan and his opponent Norman Gautron found their chips in the middle before the flop. Khan: ImageImage Gautron: ImageImage The board ran out ImageImageImageImageImage and Gautron takes down the monster pot to 520,000 to leave Khan with just 9,000 in chips. "That's poker..." sighed Khan. A few moments later Khan was all in with ImageImage against the ImageImage of Brendan Taylor with the board running out ImageImageImageImageImage. Khan hits the rail just short of the cash.

Pressure From Phillips As Bubble Looms

Dennis Phillips raised from middle position to 13,000, Coba Cao called from the cutoff, then David Fox reraised to 60,000 from the button. Phillips responded by repopping it to 140,000, causing both of his opponents to fold. Phillips moves up to 570,000 as we approach the bubble.

Jesus Done In By 6-6-6

Chris Ferguson was all in for his ante of 1,000 in early position. A player close by limped in, and Sander Lylloff put in a raise to 21,000. That was enough to fold the limper and put him heads up with Ferguson. Lylloff tabled ImageImage, and Ferguson was drawing live for his tournament life with ImageImage. He wouldn't be drawing live for long though. The flop came out ImageImageImage, leaving him dead to runner-runner. The Image on the turn was no help though, and that was that for Ferguson. Lylloff is on 810,000 now.

Ivey + Aces = Winner

Phil Ivey made it 16,000 to play from early position and got called by Bingjian Wu. A flop of ImageImageImage brought a continuation bet of 23,000 by Ivey and another call by Wu. When Ivey bet 55,000 at the Image on the turn, Wu tanked before calling. The Image river brought the and an all in bet by Ivey, forcing Wu to put his tournament life on the line. Wu tanked again before making the call. Ivey showed ImageImage and Wu was eliminated. Ivey is now near 900,000.

Ivey Eliminates Graydon

We picked this hand up on the turn with a board of ImageImageImageImage. Michael Graydon checked the action to Phil Ivey who moved all in. Graydon made the call for his last 106,000 and showed ImageImage for second pair, putting him way behind Ivey's ImageImage. When the river brought the Image, Graydon found no help and made his way to the rail. Ivey has now joined the million chip club.

Wasicka Makes His Move... and Busts

We mentioned a few minutes ago that Paul Wasicka was very short and needed to make a move. He made his move with ImageImage and got called by an opponent who showed down ImageImage. Wasicka was drawing dead by the turn on a board that ran out ImageImageImageImageImage. "Good luck everybody," said Wasicka as he left to get paid.

Eastgate Lets One Go

Burt Boutin raised from the button to 16,000 and Jason Adler made the call in the small blind before Peter Eastgate put in the squeeze play from the big blind to make it 59,000 to go. Boutin then showed he wasn't mucking around and moved all in for 218,000 in total. Adler folded and Eastgate went into the tank for several minutes before giving it up. He slips to 375,000.

Big One for Action Dan

Dan Harrington just won a huge pot in a set over set hand in which he had the kings and his opponent had the eights. Harrington has bumped up to 860,000.

All Aboard The Ivey Train

Phil Ivey has chipped himself up nicely and now sits at 1.2 million. In a recent hand Ivey fired 55,000 on the turn and 120,000 on the river on a board of ImageImageImageImageImage. His opponent, David Watkinson gave it up on the river and Ivey takes it down.

Hellmuth Steaming

Phil Hellmuth's Main Event is on life support after a crushing hand against Abraham Mourshaki. Mourshaki opened for 20,000 preflop before Hellmuth put in a curious re-raise to 36,000, just slightly more than the minimum-allowable 34,000. All other players folded back to Mourshaki, who called. The flop came out ImageImageImage. Mourshaki checked to Hellmuth, then called Hellmuth's bet of 40,000. It was at that point that Hellmuth said, "This could be my last hand, ESPN." The turn was the Image. Hellmuth stood up as Mourshaki checked again. "I think he has two eights," said Hellmuth. He checked behind. The Image river came down and brought a bet of 120,000 from Mourshaki. Hellmuth sat back down, though about fifteen seconds and then slid a matching call into the middle of the table. He was incredibly steamed to see Mourshaki turn over ImageImage for trip jacks. Hellmuth walked away from the table and started whinging. "I'm gonna vomit on the floor. There goes my World Series to an absolute maniac," he said. Coming back to the table and fixing his gaze on the dealer, Hellmuth added, "You had to find jack-jack for him. You couldn't just find one jack so he could sail off?" Hellmuth turned to Mourshaki. "Nice hand buddy. Well played. Pretty nice, huh?" Hellmuth has only 100,000 remaining chips.

Ivey Eliminates Another Opponent

Jason Tremblay was a recent addition to the feature table and his time in the spotlight didn't last long. When Tremblay moved all in for 69,000 from early position, action folded around to Phil Ivey who made the call and we went heads up to the flop. Tremblay: ImageImage Ivey: ImageImage The flop of ImageImageImage brought no help and the Image on the turn effectively ended the hand. The river was a meaningless Image and Tremblay's tournament was over.

ElkY Loses Hand

The details are sketchy, (perhaps our reporters were in shock that ElkY actually LOST a hand), but we got the gist of what went down. Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier was holding ImageImage and saw a multi-way flop of ImageImageImage with four opponents where the action was checked around. The Image on the turn was the action card as it gave ElkY a set. He fired out a bet and then called the shove of his opponent who turned over ImageImage for the flush. The river didn't repeat the board and Elky loses a chunk of coin to slip to a more human-like 1.35 million.

The Fall of Caesar -- Hellmuth Out

Before the flop, Abraham Mourshaki raised to 22,000 from early position, and Phil Hellmuth flat-called from late position. Jose Manuel Gomez Rebenaque then called from the cutoff, Kenny Hsiung called from the button, and Kevin Jenkins also called from the big blind. No report if Hellmuth uttered "et tu" or anything similar after all of the callers. The flop came ImageImageImage. Jenkins pushed all in for 83,000, Mourshaki folded, then Hellmuth reraised all in with his last 110,000. Gomez folded, and Hsiung called. Jenkins: ImageImage Hellmuth: ImageImage Hsiung: ImageImage Jenkins had an open-ended straight draw, Hellmuth the overpair, and Hsiung two pair. The turn was the Image, giving Jenkins the straight. The river was the Image. Jenkins won the main pot, Hsiung the side pot, and Hellmuth has been eliminated.

One Fewer November Niner

Kelly Kim was down to a mere 46,000 chips when he moved all in with ImageImage. Jake Abdalla called with ImageImage, a hand that held on a board of ImageImageImageImageImage. Kim's gone with just a few minutes left in the day.
Hellmuth. :(

Image Image Image
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am

Rex McGee wrote:Yeah in the money now but Jamie's stack is < 200k now.

His table for today is:

(Table Orange 84)
Benjamin Kramer - 122000
Battisti Alfio - 530000
Jamie Brown - 197000
Guy Calvert - 561000
Dariusz Paszkiewicz - 488000
Roger Pruzansky - 614000
Jesse Chinni - 531000
Scott Mayfield - 111000
Brian Hansen - 538000

Image Image Image
Lenty
Joined in 2008

by Lenty » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:57 am

Rex McGee wrote:
Lenty wrote:Nice win Tom. Awesome! Yeah - your heads up play must be awesome compared to a lot of tourney players. Disconnects suck - terrible internet here too :(.

Would this explain why Hannah tells me you are playing Saint's row and not TF2? :P

Tried playing some 50NL HU last night but certainly is harder. Far more regs to avoid/adjust your play tye. I've been playing mega fish only recently just by selection so only raising like 35% of buttons just because it seems to work being more selective but I cannot do this against a better player.

Yeah in the money now but Jamie's stack is < 200k now.

Pretty much. Single player games only..in the morning I can play TF2 a little but then my internet lag spikes to 500 ping and obviously I can't play then. I've played poker a little in the evenings (On Stars again now - new FTP update means I can't datamine and the software is super super gooseberry fool. Cards always look low resolution. God knows why they've done that. Worth looking at just for a laugh tbh - why would such a big company make their software so terrible..) but I get disconnects all the time and it's pretty frustrating.
Oh well, we'll see what Jamie can do. Hopefully he'll pick up some cards early on :).

Return to “Archive”