The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
satriales
Joined in 2008

PostRe: ***Offical Poker Thread***
by satriales » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:47 pm

I finished in 5th place, which is much better than I hoped especially after the ordeal I had during the final two tables :lol:
I don't think I've ever had so much luck before either, I really didn't deserve to get so far but today the cards were on my side.

Thx for the support guys :D

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Well played! :D

I wish I ran like that.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 pm

$80 in a freeroll? Great job! How did you qualify for it, anyway?

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Free Magazine code. You guys need to remind me, I keep forgetting to register for these things.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Nova wrote:$80 in a freeroll? Great job! How did you qualify for it, anyway?

He is British.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:53 pm

The password was in a poker magazine 'Inside Poker'. I haven't read a poker mag for ages and so when I saw DML post about the tournament earlier I decided to pick the mag up on the way back from uni today. So thanks DML!

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:03 am

Well, I wish I was there til the end, but the cards really deserted me. There was one point I got J3 for about 15 hands out of 25!

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:50 am

Rex McGee wrote:

He is British.

:P

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:14 am

New mouse = more play.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Ah good job. I read all of the SNG links I posted some pages back today. Some of it was useful but I think I was fairly clued up on their strategy already. One thing that was interesting was they seemed to suggest 15 buyins was enough. I thought this was a bit mental really. They even suggested 10 for low stakes if you "thought you were good". I suppose in their defence they did say it's important to play where you are comfortable. I have 15 buyins for like $200 SnG but no way am I playing them!

Another odd thing was the "multi tabling" section. I saw the title and thought it would be good but he is all like "I play 2 tables now and sometimes 3". I was like....uh...... Clearly playing less will give me mroe of an edge as I can watch the opponents more closely but it is much more profitable for me to play like triple the amount of tables and only have a slightly reduced edge. =\

Sykes, if you want to send me some HH there is something you can use to trim them I believe. Would be useful to look at :P

Valentines today and not being single means I don't get to play poker this evening. >_> I will make up for it tomorrow though. Planning on AT LEAST 30 SnG @ $22.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Let me know when you're going to table then and I'll get on TS to play too.

Also guys: MATRIX TONIGHT.

Image Image Image
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Whoa.

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm so ready for the Matrix did a few last week and didn't come lower than 2nd 8-)

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Slayerx wrote:I'm so ready for the Matrix did a few last week and didn't come lower than 2nd 8-)

Aye, but the opposition will be tougher, I hope. ¬_¬

Image Image Image
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:45 pm

I had a go at a $2 rebuy satellite for the $2.5 million tournament on Stars tonight. I was chipleader for most of the tournament and then the guy next to me managed to become chipleadeer by going all-in with 23s against AK, AQ and JJ and he hit his flush. The next hand I get dealt KK and raise, idiot next to me pushes all-in again this time with A2 and he hits his ace on the river :evil:

I think I should be around for the matix later.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Confirmed for matrix.

Going to start SnG fest shortly.

Also people may want to play some cash as each millionth hand approaches. (They come around pretty fast believe it or not). Even if you don't want to play just when it says like 100k left sit down at 4 talbes or so and post the blinds. Play as normal but if you're lucky you will get lots of moneys! I'm probably going to consider like 9 tabling at each million to get a shot. It is big money but depends on the stakes. At 25/50 though whoever wins the hand gets $750 and everyone else gets $250. Might be worth me opening up some 50/100 tables.

Also you just HAVE to try and be there for the 25 billionth hand. Not sure when it is expected to hit yet but keep and eye on it. 250k for the winner of the hand no matter what stakes!

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Im out of the Matrix sadly as I have to travel early this evening. SUCK.

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:48 pm

DML wrote:Im out of the Matrix sadly as I have to travel early this evening. SUCK.

Who will I go fishing with now :cry:

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:56 pm

7:30. Be there.

Image Image Image
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:50 pm

WEEK 4: RISE OF THE SLAYER

Slayer dominated this week as the results show. Match 3 could have been so different however, with two 8s down on the flop, I got him all in with K8 versus his T8, only for a 10 to send me packing on the river.

Image Image Image

Return to “Archive”