'The GRCade Games Guru Competiton IX'

Our best bits.
DML
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'The GRCade Games Guru Competiton IX' - Task 3.1 Up! p92
by DML » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:20 am

ARE THEY TRUTHS...OR ARE THEY LIES?

All players must guess which ones are true, which ones are lies - and PM me ONCE with their answers by 9.30pm on SATURDAY. You will get one mark for each correct guess, and you will get a bonus TWO marks if more people believe the opposite of the truth regards your anecdote! There are THREE truths and THREE lies on each team, and you only answer those anecdotes on teams OTHER then your own!!

Good luck!

Image THEWAY

'I once managed to complete Super Monkey Ball Beginner mode using a Wavebird from outside my house, with my friend guiding me to the goal from my bedroom.'

Image SKIPPY

'The first game I ever fully completed was an obscure game called 'Action Man: Search for Base X' on the Game Boy.'

Image DELUSIBETA

'I once tripped over a friend’s SNES – and fractured a toe.'

Image DARK RITUAL

'I was once included as a player in a 'Football Manager' game.'

Image STAYDEAD

'Until the age of 10 - I had never played a video game.'

Image CLARKMAN

'I once beat the lead developer of Metroid Prime Hunters at his own game whilst on a guided tour of Nintendo HQ in Washington.'

Image DRUMSTICK

'Back in the day I had 13 memory cards filled purely with ‘Create A Wrestlers’ I'd made for Smackdown vs Raw on the PS2.'

Image DALAGONASH

'Michael Ancel - creator of Rayman once signed a programme for me with a picture of a Rabbid.'

Image OH TEH NOES

'My uncle was a school friend of Tim Stamper of Rare fame and I met him briefly once at a wedding.'

Image BANJO

'I once completed the third Phoenix Wright game (Trials & Tribulations) in one sitting.'

Image PARKSEY

'My first taste of 3D gaming, with the N64 back in 1997, left me hospitalised and nearly killed me.'

Image THE-ELBO

'I once wrote and illustrated a lengthy fanfic story about Toad from the Mario series.'

ImageJAY MYSTERIO

'I once played a Game Boy underwater in a swimming pool.'

Image CORAZON DE LEON

'I will ensure every year without fail that I play 'REMake' and/or 'Resident Evil 4' in August, 'Pokemon Red' and 'Pokemon Gold' in October, and one of the N64 Zelda games in December.'

Image DML (in place of BIDO)

'I have Red XIII's tattoo from 'Final Fantasy VII' on the top half of my left arm.'

Image PROTOTYPE

'I once played Rock Band with Kenny Richey - famous for spending 21 years on death row.'

Image FRANK

'I once dressed up as Irvine from Final Fantasy VIII for a 'dress up as your favourite fictional character' day in Primary School.'

Image SUZZOPHER

'I own a original sericel signed by Don Bluth from 'Dragons Lair'.'

PLASTICCOATED

'Whilst out on a fancy dress party night out in Manchester dressed as Mario, I was once mistaken for Jon Jeremy by a female clubber.'

Image WIPER

'I once went to a Streetfighter event and met and played Ryan Hart at a game of Third Strike.'

Image WALLACE

'Myself and DML once went to a uni freshers event dressed as Tails and Knuckles, whilst another of our friends dressed as Sonic, and a fourth as Amy Rose.'

Image TRAGIC MAGIC

'If I count how many games I've purchased since I started earning a wage in 2007, the average amount of games I buy per month is 17.'

Image DENSTER

'One time I spent half an hour flirting with a she-elf on 'World of Warcraft' only to discover that 'she' was actually a 23 year old bricklayer.'

Image CALL AND ANSWER

'I once got so angry at my Playstation that I threw the controller at the wall, only for it to rebound and hit me in the face - giving me a black eye.'

Delusibeta
Joined in 2011

by Delusibeta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:20 am

Parksey wrote:What happens if Lizzy gets knocked out... of his own competition?

It'll be a bit hard, since already knows which of the statements are lies: he made them.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: 'The GRCade Games Guru Competiton IX' - Anecdotes on p98
by Dark Ritual » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:23 am

*Puts on thinking cap*

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 am

What, exactly, are we allowed to discuss with our team mates by the way?

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:27 am

I just don't know mayne...

Also I hope DML hasn't been really snidey and changed one tiny detail of a statement to change it from True to False or whatever...

For example:

"'Myself and DML once went to a uni freshers event dressed as Tails and Knuckles, whilst another of our friends dressed as Sonic, and a fourth as Amy Rose.'"

I hope, if this turns out to be false, the truth isn't "Actually I was dressed as Sonic".

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Delusibeta
Joined in 2011

by Delusibeta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 am

Parksey wrote:What, exactly, are we allowed to discuss with our team mates by the way?

Considering we would get no points for guessing the truthiness of our team-mates' statements, probably everything.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 am

Aye, are we allowed to say to team-mates if ours has been changed to a lie?

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am

I was just wondering as, for example, if two forum friends are on separate teams, then they may know if one another is lying and be able to tell the rest of their team.

If one of my team members blatantly knows someone is telling the truth - as they have heard them say it before for example - can they tell us?

Elbo, I reckon DML makes up the lies wholesale.

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:33 am

All the lies are totally wholesale - they are not 'tweaked' takes on their actual truths. And yes you may discuss in your teams, but do remember you guys are in competition as well!

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:34 am

DML wrote:All the lies are totally wholesale - they are not 'tweaked' takes on their actual truths. And yes you may discuss in your teams, but do remember you guys are in competition as well!

strawberry float the solo competition!

I'll be happy only if the whole of Devlin Team Alpha makes it through. FOR DEVLIN! T_T

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:35 am

DML wrote:All the lies are totally wholesale - they are not 'tweaked' takes on their actual truths. And yes you may discuss in your teams, but do remember you guys are in competition as well!

Less so Team Devlin who just needs to ensure a second or higher placement rather than individual scores 8-)

Delusibeta
Joined in 2011

by Delusibeta » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 am

DML wrote:And yes you may discuss in your teams, but do remember you guys are in competition as well!

I would imagine the number of points racked up in the first three rounds would be entirely academic for the purposes of the later rounds.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 am

Were all the lies doled out randomly, just to confirm?

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 am

Some of these are hilarious.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:40 am

Team Devlin... let's make him proud...

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 am

Can we guess LIE (or TRUE) for all of them? Or do we need to make sure we have 3 lies and 3 trues in our answers for each team?

Because if you just spam one answer for them all you can pick up 9 points and hope that's good enough to get through.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:50 am

Dark Ritual wrote:

Were all the lies doled out randomly, just to confirm?

Some were, some weren't- to give it an authentic feel. :3

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:50 am

Drumstick: Did you base any of the CAW's on wrestlers of the time? If so, who?

Jay Mysterio: What game were you playing underwater? Where was this body of water, and did the Game Boy work after?

Plasticcoated: Who is Jon Jeremy and why were you mistaken for him?

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 am

the-elbo wrote:Can we guess LIE (or TRUE) for all of them? Or do we need to make sure we have 3 lies and 3 trues in our answers for each team?

Because if you just spam one answer for them all you can pick up 9 points and hope that's good enough to get through.

If you wish to do that - then you can. I however suspect that 9 would be a pretty poor score in this task.

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:53 am

This is a lot strawberry floating harder than I thought it'd be. :lol: :fp:

Return to “Archive”