The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
Ecno
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - #winning
by Ecno » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:00 pm

Anyone playing the Red Spade Open? I'm quite surprised they heat their guarantee.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Phatman
Joined in 2008

by Phatman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Phatman wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Phatman wrote:Any download links for the WSOP final table yet? Appreciation in advance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Nine

:oops:

That would be why I couldn't find it...

Have you never seen any of the ME FTs before? I have links for the more recent ones in the OP. :)

I watched the last one late and have been keeping track of this years event, presuming that the final table followed on. I'll watch some of the older events that you posted, as I was in the mood!

"Fire Fighters are like Ghostbusters, except they fight fire - not ghosts"
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Ecno wrote:Anyone playing the Red Spade Open? I'm quite surprised they heat their guarantee.

I think i'll join in in a few minutes. What do you mena by "heat their guarantee?"

I see you have a pro on your left. :)

Edit: Got nowhere in that tournament. I think I only played 2 hands, the first was KQ from late position, but I had to fold pre when the SB shoved. Then I had AQ and played it badly. I wanted to just shove it pre but I had slightly too many chips. So I did a standard raise and got one caller. Flop was K8x and the guy checked, so I bet it and he min-raised me. I could have got away but I was sick of being 3bet and would have been left with a very small stack, so I just stuck it in hoping he would fold a weak king but he had two pair with K8.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:30 pm

satriales wrote:
Ecno wrote:Anyone playing the Red Spade Open? I'm quite surprised they heat their guarantee.

I think i'll join in in a few minutes. What do you mena by "heat their guarantee?"

I see you have a pro on your left. :)

Edit: Got nowhere in that tournament. I think I only played 2 hands, the first was KQ from late position, but I had to fold pre when the SB shoved. Then I had AQ and played it badly. I wanted to just shove it pre but I had slightly too many chips. So I did a standard raise and got one caller. Flop was K8x and the guy checked, so I bet it and he min-raised me. I could have got away but I was sick of being 3bet and would have been left with a very small stack, so I just stuck it in hoping he would fold a weak king but he had two pair with K8.

I meant hit.

I got it in with him my AK vs QQ so I could've won a pro bounty but his QQ held.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:57 pm

So it's the end of the month and I am exactly -$100.00 at 25NL after 60,500 hands. I'm disappointed to have not made a profit before rakeback but I'm pleased to have put in some good volume, and I've enjoyed it a lot. I spewed off almost $300 in the first couple of days and never went further into the red afterwards so that puts a slightly positive spin on things.

Rakeback for the month is $422 (30.7%), plus another $450 from the Goldstar freeroll yesterday. So even without a profit it hasn't been a terrible month. Also, I just made Platinumstar today. :)

My goals for August are to:
1. Make a profit at 25NL. This shouldn't be so hard as I've definitely fixed some big leaks and am playing much better now than I was two weeks ago. If I can just get a winrate of 2bb/100 then that would give me $500 profit if I achieve my volume goal.
2. Play 100k hands. I think I should be able to manage this, or certainly get close. It would give me $600 in rakeback.
3. Sort out my HUD. I need to add some more stats, rearrange the whole thing so it's clearer, and fix the colour coding.
4. Take some shots at 50nl. I want to consistently beat 25nl first but it can't hurt to open up the odd 50nl table here and there if 25nl goes ok.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am

GL with 100k hands. Mental IMO. Do you 6 table? More??

My goal is to crush ipoker low stakes MTTs. Yesterday was my 4th most profitable day ever. The other days are only really ahead because of big cashes. Quite nice that all my run good came back in one go. :D

Rakeback? Where are you playing?

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 pm

100k you mentalist, good luck!

Anybody got a spare HEM code? Have been trying for months to get mine back but the company aren't having any of it =/

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Rex McGee wrote:GL with 100k hands. Mental IMO. Do you 6 table? More??

Rakeback? Where are you playing?

Well this month I played just over 60k hands and for the first week I was only playing two or four tables, the rest of the month I was playing 8 or 9 tables but 7 seems to be the sweet spot for me. On average I was playing just over 2hrs a day so if I put in more volume at the weekends and makes sure I'm always playing 7 - 9 tables then 100k should be possible. I'll probably get off to a slow start though as I've got an exam to revise for this week.

By rakeback I just mean the VIP program at Stars. This month it was boosted by a $100 deposit bonus, but I also got $110 in Stellar bonuses and $210 worth of fpps. So $210 straight into my account and $210 in points. This month I won't get the $100 deposit bonus, but Platinumstar is worth at least $80 so that makes up for it.

Edit: Just seen that this month the VIP requirements are reduced to just 10% of what they normally are, so Silverstar is 75VPP and Platinum is 750VPP. Basically it means I gained almost nothing by reaching Platinum last month as I would have reached it within two days anyway. :fp:

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 pm

I'm on a roll

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:59 pm

>_>

1st post these please.... :P

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Will do next time I update it. Sick work!

Has the SharkScope sub expired?

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Rex McGee wrote:Sharkscope is $144 for 12 months @ 150 searches/day (lowest possible option). I'm probably going to get this but as before if anyone wants to donate and just use my pass then they can. Whatever you can afford I guess. (Pokerstars = rexmcpwn)

I payed the $144 for another year and changed the password. Currently only Aaron and are using it but wanting donations if anyone else wants to/used to use it for themselves.

Will go get you a graph if you want. :P

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Feeling pretty unstoppable again. Get it in JJ vs AA and somehow I know it will come good. :lol:

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:59 pm

:lol: Best day ever.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Rex wins... everything
by Drumstick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Congrats

Just bubbled the FT of an Omaha rebuy...

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:05 am

Anyone else been watching The Big Game? Yesterday's episode was really good. :lol:

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:17 am

satriales wrote:Anyone else been watching The Big Game? Yesterday's episode was really good. :lol:

What happened and links?

Image Image Image
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 am

Drumstick wrote:
satriales wrote:Anyone else been watching The Big Game? Yesterday's episode was really good. :lol:

What happened and links?

Lots of Tony G v Phil Helmuth action. PH bought a coach with him to help his game :fp:

http://www.pokerstars.tv
Youtube version

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:41 am

lol @ Tilly "I was trying to be clever"

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Return to “Archive”