The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
satriales
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - #winning
by satriales » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah he was ultra aggressive and doing that almost every time.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:59 pm

I've just been doing a bit of spring cleaning with my laptop and just found out that HEM was using 9GB of data. When I looked into it some more the actual database was only 3GB and the other 6GB was a load of useless logs that can be safely deleted.

So if anyone else wants to free up some space on their computer go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log and you can safely delete all the files within that folder. :mrgreen:

Edit: And a link that explains how to stop Postgre from making those useless logs anymore: link

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

satriales wrote:I've just been doing a bit of spring cleaning with my laptop and just found out that HEM was using 9GB of data. When I looked into it some more the actual database was only 3GB and the other 6GB was a load of useless logs that can be safely deleted.

So if anyone else wants to free up some space on their computer go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log and you can safely delete all the files within that folder. :mrgreen:

Edit: And a link that explains how to stop Postgre from making those useless logs anymore: link

My folder has a 513 BYTE file in it. Maybe my HEM is cooler than yours. 8-)

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:47 pm

521 bytes

I have 8.4 too 8-)

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:04 pm

I guess 8.4 has logging turned off by default, but I'm old skool and sticking with my 8.3.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:54 pm

If anyone wants to watch the ESPN3 coverage

http://www.wsop.com/2011/live-video/def ... ?TID=11497

I don't know about the ESPN2 coverage with 30 minute delay with hold cards.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:36 pm

i agree with encos idea of a medium ($5?) nlhem event with points, like the real wsop:):)

anybody up for a high rollers event (no points given at maybe $20?) might be worth putting up to see how many entries we can get and put a minimum 6 entrants on it ?

just some ideas really. i like the points structure apart from the hup? think sykes idea is good.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Ecno wrote:If anyone wants to watch the ESPN3 coverage

http://www.wsop.com/2011/live-video/def ... ?TID=11497

I don't know about the ESPN2 coverage with 30 minute delay with hold cards.

Yeah I watched some of that last night. Ben Lamb, Huck Seed and Dan Kelly were at the second featured table which was broadcasting. Kelly shoved his short stack in drawing dead. :(

I don't think there will be any objections to a small buy in NLHE event for the GRSOP so I'll add that to the schedule.

I'm playing the £100 side event at the UKIPT tonight. :mrgreen:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:49 pm

text update from drummy:

from 5k starting click thirty min blinds he is upto 9000 chips after busting a 3000 chip stack with his qq into the other players 44.

tourney kicked off at seven and has thiryy minute blinds so if i calculate right its at the 150/300 25 ante stage! glgl!

DML
Joined in 2008

Playing my regular rebuy instead of the main event i was CHEATED OUT OF! ;3

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 pm

drummy raised to 600 (8.6k stack) with qq button reships 3k bb reships again drummy tank folds due to a player specific read ( he insta plays his monsters) . bb flips over kings and drummy wins at life ( aoart ftom the q on the board)

DML
Joined in 2008

PostTap protection
by DML » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:44 am

Won it for £350. Like a strawberry floating boss.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:57 am

DML wrote:Won it for £350. Like a strawberry floating boss.

Heater!

Tournament was so so. Standard of play was the best I've seen in a live setting. Never was able to get too much going. As said I busted a guy to work my way up to 9k. I folded QQ face up and the rest of the table was like "wow incredible fold" etc which was kind of funny I guess. Basically after that I picked up no hands and had to make do with stealing. Despite my tight image I was 3bet a few times when I was on the steal.

Eventually I have 6k at the start of the 400/800/100 level and I am in the big blind. A guy I have played with all night shoves EP and another guy shoves from the cut off. I looked down at KQcc which is the best hand I've seen in at least four orbits. Average stack was 15k and this seemed like an okay spot so I stuck my last in there. Turns out I wasn't it bad shape.

EP: ATcc
CO: 55
Me: KQcc

Flop was T94, so any paint card will give me the lead. Turn is another 4 and the river is another 9 which didn't help me. I think I busted in 41st from 124 runners. 1st prize was £3.3k.

Only Team Pokerstars Pro I spotted in the Main Event field was Jude 'j.thaddeus' Ainsworth.

Image Image Image
DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:42 am

So I'd better do my write up.

The game I played last night was a night I go to when I can - the local unlimited £2 rebuy. It is as ridiculous as it sounds. You can buy in for any amount at any point in £2 increments up until the break, this period is 2x 40 minute blind levels. After this, it goes down to 15 minute blind levels and turns into a freezeout. NormallyI buy in for a small amount/don't rebuy and try and simply cash rather then win. It is not unknown for people to splurge £200.

So I bought in for £20 which is a fairly standard buy-in beyond the cash-dumping donks, and my aim is to simply try get a competitive stack after the break. People can add-on for more as the break hits which they often do. I didn't really win a massive pot, but got involved in a few all-ins where I didn't win the main pot, but would win the side pot which would actually accumulate me chips. This was mainly due to a guy called Rhys who is a rich donk who just dumps cash and calls 'for fun'. Hes often a good person to have at your table, even though he has given me some horrendous beats before.

So at the break I've ground 5,000 up to 11,400 which is above average until most people add-on, suddenly the average is about 14,000 and I am below average, but this is fairly normal in this game. One double up, and my equity goes through the roof.

After the break I get aggressive, but an A-7 and A-9 fail to improve and big bets in front of me mean I have to fold. I have dwindled to 6,000 and am now incredibly short. Two hands later, five people limp for 600, and I get Kings. I insta-shove, knowing a call from Rhys is likely whatever he has. He duly obliges with J-3o and he hitrs utterly nothing, and I am back in it again.

I start getting aggressive, and without taking out a player, I have ground around 13,500 to 28,000. I am now well above average with 12 players out of 16 left. Then one player Tony I am extremly familiar with shoves for 11,000. I look down at A-K and call, knowing that Rhys is still to act. He reshoves for 18,000 and I obviously call that to.

Tony tables 9s and Rhys K-10o, but if I can just beat Rhys this won't be too bad. If I can hit the Ace I'm a huge stack. Board rolls out 4-6-8-A-3 to give me a huge pot, and with antes I'm nearly 65,000 as the table breaks for the final table.

As I reach the final table, only one stack is bigger then me - a guy called Bert who is a regular who is about 70 and looks like he hasn't smiled in several decades. He has about 90k, and with only about 220k in play, its obvious that I am probably going to cash bar an utter disaster. With about five short stacks at the table, I opt to tighten my range and wait for the bubble before ramping the aggression. Two players bust and I start to loosen up, but one of the other larger stacks, a resident calling station is causing me problems by calling me down with utter gooseberry fool, and unfortunately I am not hitting. Hes difficult to get away from because he is in nearly every pot even when raised. I drop to about 45k, but then I hit a set against him, and he donates me about 20k, and I am more or less where I was. With five left I was hyper aggressive shoving basically every small blind onto short stack BB. He was getting friustrated but the lowest I did it with was a suited Queen. The bubble took ages to go, but finally did leaving us with three, calling station, me and Bert.

I grind aggressively and take the lead, but Burt takes out calling station which gives him a very slender lead.

We go to HU and I win the first pot to make us basically even. He proposes we split. I refuse.

a) I think I can take this old codger and know how he plays.
b) I'd never won at the club and I desperately wanted that monky of my back.

It was a £70 gamble, but I thought it was correct. He was utterly FURIOUS, and shoved the next four hands to try and get a deal (I think). I fold each time, then raise with A-8o which he folds.

Eventually, I get Kings, do my standard min-raise from the dealer button, and he shoves, which I insta call.

He tables J-2 grumbling about how he hasn't got all night to waste on a poxy game! The board come out J-8-7 all clubs, and I hold my breath a little bit.

Turn - 6

River.....2.

I actually deflate. But then I look. There are four clubs on the board.....and I have two BEAUTIFUL BLACK KINGS. I chuffing won it. Bert semi-grumbles, half heartedly shakes my hand and makes a quick getaway. I look smug as strawberry float.

Rinse. Repeat.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:04 am

Well done DML! :mrgreen:

How come you didn't take the add-on though?

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:25 pm

satriales wrote:Well done DML! :mrgreen:

Its really no different from the rebuy option, you can add on for as much as you want. I'd rather just do the one-buy in, build it up to a fair amount - knowing one double is going to put me well above average. People tend to add on for another £20 for 5,000 - I'm not really wanting to spend £40 on one of these games. Rather take my £20 and see where it takes me.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:43 pm

gg sniffers

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:14 pm

DML wrote:
satriales wrote:Well done DML! :mrgreen:

Its really no different from the rebuy option, you can add on for as much as you want. I'd rather just do the one-buy in, build it up to a fair amount - knowing one double is going to put me well above average. People tend to add on for another £20 for 5,000 - I'm not really wanting to spend £40 on one of these games. Rather take my £20 and see where it takes me.

Oh right that's fair enough, didn't realise it was unlimited addons.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Did anyone just see DNegs go bananas at the feature table of the main event? :lol:

Jean-Robert Bellande raised and a short stack re-raised all in. JRB folded and the shorty is all "$100 if you want to see these cards!" as some of the players at the table try and get him to show. After like 30 seconds Negreanu stands up out of his chair and starts yelling at the shorty to move proceedings along and to stop time wasting.

Image Image Image
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:15 am

Anyone know German? :lol:

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

beapoker23 (CO): $43.04
hairsquare (BTN): $6.71
Hero (SB): $37.34
Mooblove (BB): $25.66
krataduug (UTG): $69.66
ilove3betyou (MP): $12.04

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with KImage QImage
2 folds, beapoker23 raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, beapoker23 calls $2

Flop: ($5.75) 3Image 9Image 8Image (2 players)
Hero bets $3.25, beapoker23 calls $3.25

Turn: ($12.25) KImage (2 players)
Hero bets $5.75, beapoker23 calls $5.75

River: ($23.75) QImage (2 players)
Hero checks, beapoker23 bets $31.29 all in, Hero calls $25.59 all in

Final Pot: $74.93
beapoker23 shows 8Image AImage (a pair of Eights)
Hero shows KImage QImage (two pair, Kings and Queens)
Hero wins $72.93
(Rake: $2.00)

beapoker23 said, "HURENSOHN DU VERFICKTER"
beapoker23 said, "dieser scheiß fickjude muss den turn hitten"
beapoker23 said, "was sonst"
beapoker23 said, "was soll auch sonst passieren als dass diese hurenfotze seine scheiß verfickten outs hittet"
beapoker23 said, "missgeburt reicht das aber"
beapoker23 said, "25 sind anscheinend mehr als 75"
beapoker23 said, "scheiß verfickter hurensohn elendiger"
beapoker23 said, "60:40 pre, 75:25 flop"
satriales3 said, "0:100 river"

Return to “Archive”