The Xbox 360 Marketplace Thread

Our best bits.
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: XBLM - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale on XBLA now
by Buffalo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:19 pm

It's big-ish, but it shouldn't be taking that long. I mean, my internet is pants and that waded through it in about 15 minutes.

Last edited by Buffalo on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Must be a problem with MS' servers, it only took a couple of minutes for me and my internet isn't particularly fast.

Iron Nan
Joined in 2008

by Iron Nan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Keeps failing on mine, got through two progress bars then told me it couldn't download the update. :fp:

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 pm

ta. I'll have another stab tomorrow.

Yes?
Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Iron Nan wrote:Keeps failing on mine, got through two progress bars then told me it couldn't download the update. :fp:

hmm, worryingly that is a bit like mine, I couldn't understand why there was like a first update and then a second. I cancelled on the 2nd when it was just over half way through as I wanted to play something rather than staring at the progress bat.

Yes?
Bigerich
Joined in 2008

by Bigerich » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Death's Head wrote:Probably not the exact place for this, but is the most recent 360 update massive? I haven't turned on the 360 for ages and when I turned it on today, an update was needed so I let it get on with it. Unlike the usual quick updates, it must have taken around 30 mins to get to the half way mark so I cancelled it for another day. I don't have the fastest internet connection in the world, but based on my PSN download speeds, it is about 1MB every 2 seconds, so either it is a massive update or some problem with MS's server today.

30 minutes? Must have been an error.

You might also have bricked your console if you turned it off while it was applying the update. If it was still downloading though, you're probably fine.

My speeds are about the same as yours, and it took me less than 15 minutes from when it started until it was on the Dashboard again.

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Bigerich wrote:You might also have bricked your console if you turned it off while it was applying the update. If it was still downloading though, you're probably fine.

Console is fine, I selected cancel during the update and have used it since, just not tried the update again.

Yes?
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:47 pm

You can download the update to your computer and apply it to your 360 via USB or CD/DVD if you like:
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbo ... dates.aspx

Iron Nan
Joined in 2008

by Iron Nan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Garth wrote:You can download the update to your computer and apply it to your 360 via USB or CD/DVD if you like:
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbo ... dates.aspx

Ta Garth, shall give this a go tomorrow. :D

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Summer of Arcade:
Bastion
From Dust
Fruit Ninja Kinect
Toy Soldiers Cold War
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

\o/

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: XBLM - Summer of Arcade lineup p483
by tomvek » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Summer of Arcade Trailer

[gametrailers]714809[/gametrailers]

Iron Nan
Joined in 2008

by Iron Nan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 pm

glad to hear that shadow planet is finally getting released.

JayGo
Joined in 2008

by JayGo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:48 pm

There's a trailer for Trials Evolution on the XBox Marketplace. In the US, at least.

Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 pm

The contents of the collections – MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater and MGS: Peace Walker HD, as well as ZoE1 and ZoE: The Second Runner – will get PSN and Xbox Live Arcade releases, according to both listings for the collection on the site.

MGS on 360, nice.

Neogaf: Riky
HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Rik wrote:
The contents of the collections – MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater and MGS: Peace Walker HD, as well as ZoE1 and ZoE: The Second Runner – will get PSN and Xbox Live Arcade releases, according to both listings for the collection on the site.

MGS on 360, nice.

It was confirmed to be on 360 when it was announced a few days ago.

The download thing is new though I think.

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Back to XBLA, are we getting anything this week?

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh god please let Third Strike: Online Edition kick it off.

bear
Joined in 2008

by bear » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/06/xbox-live-adds-cloud-saves-beacons-that-tell-friends-what-you/
These may not have made the cut to appear in Microsoft's E3 keynote earlier today but gamers will probably appreciate two new features mentioned in a letter from Xbox Live General Manager Marc Whitten. "Cloud Storage for Game Saves and Live Profiles" is first up and provides access to ones profile and saves from any console, at any time with the option to save to XBL servers instead of a memory unit or hard drive. It all sounds very similar to the service offered for PlayStation Plus but as Joystiq notes, so far exact details are scant. The other feature mentioned is support for "Beacons" which go one step further than broadcasting what you're playing or watching right now by allowing users to flag what they want to play, and lets friends on XBL or Facebook see that so they can meet you for a game. Check out the full letter after the break or over on the 'stiq, we'll sit back and dream of a future world where bringing our XBL profile by a friend's house to keep track of our beatdowns is as easy as just logging in

Not sure if its been mentioned but I found it odd that they didn't mention the cloud stuff during the conference.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:43 am

Fruit Ninja (XBLA/Kinect):-

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 am

Minecraft on 360 will have Kinect support, but can be played with a normal controller, and will have some sort of cross functionality with the PC version.

Return to “Archive”