Mass Effect 3 - Citadel DLC Available Now!

Anything to do with games at all.
Codename 47
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mass Effect 3 - trailer p6
by Codename 47 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:49 pm

SugarDave wrote:
Codename 47 wrote:SugarDave have you heard the talk that we'll get tomeet a Prothean during ME3? Apparently this new Origin thing of EA's mentions something about aProthean "character" as day 1 DLC

I did read that, I had to do a double take :lol: There's a lot of content included in the special edition, I'm certainly picking it up. EA could've just shown ME3 and BF3 and they would've had a better showing than Microsoft :lol:

There's 2 more ME3 demos coming up on GT, I think.

I don't know what to make of it to be honest. Seems an incredibly odd thing to include as DLC. But yeah i'm definitely getting the CE.

Yeah i'm just waiting for that now :D I don't want to spoil the game for myself but i can't help but watching these demos and trailers. One thing from the EA demo...why are Cerberus preventing Shepard from destroying the Reaper :x Unless they're indoctrinated they better have a better reason for wanting to stop us :x ME3 time :D

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 pm

KomandaHeck
Joined in 2008

by KomandaHeck » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:00 pm

The combat looks almost too fast now :lol: Nevertheless...

Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Mogster » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 pm

This is being demoed on GameTrailers as we speak.

I'm Let's Playing my way through the Tomb Raider series: https://www.youtube.com/c/JevanMoss
KomandaHeck
Joined in 2008

by KomandaHeck » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Just keeps getting better and better. Reminds me somewhat of Uncharted in terms of the set-piece stuff.

The Normandy Reborn theme playing as the ship picks you up :wub: gooseberry fool, my body is actually NOT ready.

Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Anung wrote:Wow, that looks immense. Graphically alot better than I expected.

I'm amazed at just how clean everything looked. I wonder if that was running on console or PC. Loved the gameplay demo though....ruined part of the story for myself :x They've done one hell of a job nailing the whole Reaper invasion feel - Earth looks like it's taking a beating. How Shepard is going to stop them i don't know...

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 pm

What have I missed, any more details since I left at 7:30?

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
KomandaHeck
Joined in 2008

by KomandaHeck » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Rubix wrote:What have I missed, any more details since I left at 7:30?

They showed off Mass Effect 3 at the EA conference which featured Shepard attempting to take out a Reaper base...which turned out to be an actual Reaper. We saw another demo presentation that had Shepard meeting up with Mordin on the Salarian homeworld i think. And the last demo had Shepard on Earth with Anderson escaping as the Reapers arrived :)

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks Guys I will check it our after Ubisoft :wub:

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Bah, March 2012? We were promised 2011 damnit! :x

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 pm

SugarDave wrote:

Wow it really is like they're just copying the PS2. Socom voice commands, eye toy. LOL.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Jesus, looks so good. Might have to borrow my bro's Kinect for it as well.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Monkey Man wrote:Jesus, looks so good. Might have to borrow my bro's Kinect for it as well.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Fade wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:Jesus, looks so good. Might have to borrow my bro's Kinect for it as well.

I'll give it a go, if I don't like it for some reason I'll carry on using the controller.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 pm

That Omni-Tool knife looked strawberry floating awesome!

Then again was that in the previous games? I never played any of the Tech/Engineer roles, only the Soldier and Biotic roles :D

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Anung wrote:Nah, omni-blade is new to this game.

If it's an engineer class only weapon/ability.....I'd be so so tempted.....

But then I do love my Assault Rifles :D

KomandaHeck
Joined in 2008

by KomandaHeck » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Anung wrote:Nah, omni-blade is new to this game.

If it's an engineer class only weapon/ability.....I'd be so so tempted.....

But then I do love my Assault Rifles :D

Any class can use every weapon in ME3, so that won't matter.

KomandaHeck
Joined in 2008

by KomandaHeck » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 pm

[gametrailers]714902[/gametrailers]

[gametrailers]714903[/gametrailers]

Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 pm

New OXM preview, shaping up really really well :D

Mass Effect 3's Kinect integration was a genuine 'wow' moment in Microsoft's keynote. The ability to bark orders at squad mates completely revolutionises the RPG's combat by stripping away the need for the Power Wheel without compromising any of its features. Now more than ever, Mass Effect 3's moments of action resemble those of a fully-featured third-person-shooter.

The behind closed doors demo at EA's E3 booth skipped these additions entirely and focused on features long term fans are more familiar with. With no Kinect in sight, executive producer Casey Hudson talked us through two new areas. Stage one involved an assault on a Reaper base, with Shepard's ultimate goal being to destroy the facility for good.

Short but sweet sums this one up: Shepard opened a giant vault doorway built into the ground before painting the facility beneath with a laser. Moments later the Normandy dropped a missile barrage into the gaping hole, seemingly obliterating whatever was inside. If only things were that easy...

Not only did the Normandy's airstrike fail to kill the Reaper lurking underneath but it angered Shepard's deadliest foe and created a blast powerful enough to knock our hero down to the ground too. Cue the Commander running through ravished environments while dealing with squads of cunning assault troopers as well as one very grumpy Reaper.

Combat looks better than ever, with plenty of tactical rolls and smart cover usage on display from both sides. There was a big focus on melee kills too: Shepard loves nothing more than to run in close to an enemy, clock him around the chin with a rifle butt and then stab him in slow motion - from behind, no less - with the new omni-blade. It's brutal but effective stuff.

The level concluded with Shepard, still being dogged by the towering Reaper, leaping up to what appeared to be a fixed turret. It was indeed fixed, only onto a vehicle that soon took off and zipped away from the devastation. Naturally the Reaper gave chase until Shepard's on-rail cannons won the battle - the Reaper's glorious demise as spectacular as the explosion-filled pursuit itself.

From there Hudson turned the clock back for the second level of the show: back to a scene plucked from near the beginning of the game. Shepard was on trial on Earth just as the Reapers invaded and had to battle his way out of a collapsing city and ultimately make it off-world before succumbing to the Reaper threat. Here he paired up with Anderson and took in a brief panorama of the burning buildings before making a bee-line for the extraction point.

The journey from rooftop to safety involved many more battles with husks, troops and new mutations the 'cannibals'. Weapons looked to have been refined yet again - something confirmed when Shepard set down his gun onto a table and the screen switched to that of a weapon customisation menu. There were only space for a couple of attachments, but even the smallest modification changed the weapon's stats. Equip special ammunition, meanwhile, and a small holographic icon attaches itself to the side of Shepard's gun to remind players of their limited costly rounds.

The opening scene wasn't quite as impactful as Mass Effect 2's beginning (to be fair it's nigh on impossible to top the Normandy's shock destruction) but did still try to play with our feelings. Half-way to safety, Shepard found a small boy cowering in an air vent. Despite offering to help the child the boy ran off, only to reappear a few minutes later while boarding a transport ship that was blown out of the sky mere seconds after take-off. As Shepard - newly reinstated to his Commander post by Captain Anderson - looked away in horror we pondered whether or not better dialogue wheel options would have spared the boy his fiery doom. If so, Casey Hudson wouldn't spill the beans when quizzed...

So impressive was the showing that Mass Effect 3 received the only round of applause of the day - something it fully deserved too. Even without factoring in the exclusive Kinect features, BioWare seems to have saved Mass Effect's best 'til last. A definite contender for E3 2011's most exciting game.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/29878/previews/mass-effect-3/

Return to “Games”