Forza 4 Thread - Top Gear Car Pack Out May 1st

Anything to do with games at all.
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza 4 Thread - Pre-order Info p10
by jamcc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:35 pm

They need to make the headtracking instant and really exaggerated (I'm guessing the sensitivity will be customisable..).

I want to be able to tilt my head slightly to the right to look at my right wing mirror and vice versa.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:41 pm

GT5 had it, but I don't think it worked too well, did it? Quite a sustained delay.

jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by jamcc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Talking about GT5, I hope this also has you looking through the rear of the car's cockpit when you look back as opposed to using a boot cam. Was a really nice touch I thought.

Just hope you can also look around when you look back (with headtracking or just the pad).

Tineash
Joined in 2008

by Tineash » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Born Stellar wrote:Wanna know what's a real waste of development time? The Killzone series.

Yeah, I just hate those repetivie sci-fi first party console FPS games.

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
Born Stellar
Joined in 2011

by Born Stellar » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Tineash wrote:
Born Stellar wrote:Wanna know what's a real waste of development time? The Killzone series.

Yeah, I just hate those repetivie sci-fi first party console FPS games.

Killzone's the name you're looking for.

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 am

Should this be in the E3 folder seeing as it's going to have a massive push by Microsoft?

EDIT: Thanks.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:26 pm

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Disappointed. Next to no info. Suppose I'd better wait for interviews and hands-on.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Monthly updates, this will be the car sim daddy online.

Neogaf: Riky
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:54 pm

cooldawn wrote:Disappointed. Next to no info. Suppose I'd better wait for interviews and hands-on.

I think they're holding a separate event purely for Forza 4 so I'd expect a lot of footage/info over the next few days hopefully :)

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 am

A little bit of extra footage:

Pics

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Summary of info from GAF:
- 500+ Cars
- 80+ Manufacturers
- 16 cars on track
- Monthly DLC: Option to buy cars either in packs or individually in the new in-game marketplace
- Changeable Homespace (aka FM3's career screensaver) and ability to take photo in it
- Active Aero
- Alternate time of day for tracks
- Choice of gift cars at new player levels: DLC cars will be integrated into career gift selections
- Badges and titles earned by doing stuff in the game
- Community Car Clubs includes at least car sharing (the shared car can still be used by the one sharing)
- “Reasonably Priced Car” (aka Kia cee’d) is in
- Steering assist can be fully turned off
- Image-Based Lighting
- Licensed distortion effect that should make the sound much better in Forza 4
- World Tour Career Mode: Advance to various venues, each with their own events (race, autocross, drift, track days, time trial events, Top Gear-inspired stunts such as car soccer and cone challenges, etc).
- Autovista mode: can be used with a classic controller, no Kinect required; A selection of cars are highly detailed and can be fully explored (interior, boot, etc…)
- Public lobbies
- Hoppers
- Rivals Mode: Asynchronous play with leaderboards (think "FM Autolog"); bounty rewards for beating rivals. Extends to Career mode as well.
- Two player split screen
- Kinect Headtracking
- Kinect Voice: Used to "hyperlink" and move through interface and menus more quickly.
- Kinect air driving (works while players seat)
- Reset assist (only with air driving ?)
- Auto-acceleration assist (only with air driving ?)

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza 4 Thread - E3 vids p13
by tomvek » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Jesus :shock:

Also probably the best news of all:

Forza 4 and motorsport enthusiasts around the world can breathe a sigh of relief; the Kia Cee'd is confirmed.

Forget your Ferraris and your Aston Martins; you'll be able to take the current Top Gear reasonably priced car around the famed Top Gear track.

Click to view larger image
"A brief hands-on confirmed that, yes, the Kia is not a particularly fast vehicle, although it is at least quite easy to get round the track," OXM reports.

As you'll no doubt already know, that's not the only bit of Top Gear to feature in Forza 4. The voice of Jeremy Clarkson is also in the game with the presenter going through car specs for you in the Kinect controlled showroom.

:lol:

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Just been watching the Gamespot Stage demo. Now that it's incorporated Gran Turismo style lighting, it actually looks better than GT5! The trackside detail is outstanding. Even during the replays, where Gran Turismo has always excelled, this is just as good. The Alpine Stage looks particularly amazing. Some really bad slowdown in places, but I'm sure that'll be fixed.

For the first time, I'm rather looking forward to a Forza game. I hope the handling model can match GT - mainly in the drivers seat view.

SchminkyPinky
Joined in 2008

by SchminkyPinky » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:19 pm

The level of improvement over Forza 3 is insane. I'll be honest and say that I'm probably getting it for the painting mode and Top Gear integration alone :lol: I really hope they go to town with Top Gear related sillyness for some of the multiplayer modes. Like car football, Caravan or bus races, challenges, proper SIARPC times to beat, Stig time trials for lots of different cars on the Top Gear track and so on. This would be alongside all the proper race modes of course but it would be nice to have those less serious activities as well. It's also great that I can import my old layer groups because I was working on a couple of projects on Forza 3 that I would really like to finish.

The autovista, headtracking and menu integration me want Kinect quite a lot :shifty:

Also a proper GRcade car club :o

Agent47
Joined in 2008

by Agent47 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 pm

This does look very good, though I do hope the AI is more aggressive this time around. I do love Forza but as I've said before it really does lack the bumper-to-bumper, paint-trading of true racing, so hopefully this will sort that out - especially now that Shift 2 has been thrown into the mix (I know it's not quite the same as GT/Forza but it is fairly similar in a great many respects).

And if GRCade gets some epic racing set up, y'all can count me in. :)

http://garybaileywriting.wordpress.com/ - A place to read a little flash fiction.
http://theminigamereview.blogspot.com/ - My own personal review space.
http://silentilshortstories.blogspot.com/ - A showcase of short stories I have written.
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Looks amaze. Will be rad if we can actually get a decent multiplayer night going.

Jez_humphrey
Joined in 2008

by Jez_humphrey » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:09 pm

looks very very good

Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Kanbei » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Well I'm pretty sure we're going have a GRcade Star in a Reasonably Priced Car leaderboard!

Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:38 pm

I feel like I'm repeating what the last few posts have said....but it is look really glad. The lighting system really has been bumped up. The car models in the "free walk" mode look incredible - almost real. I need more info on the season mode though. Not too many racing games have "nailed" the season mode for me, I'd love one that has your building up rivalries, AI drivers with their own personalities so to speak, long championships and stuff.

Return to “Games”