The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
Luwinski
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Running Good
by Luwinski » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:18 pm

8-Game or a HORSE event should be in the mix. I freaking love 8-game so make it a $5 or so tourney GOOOOO ON!

just started it again after my previous successful session 2 months ago. Made $25 in about 3 hours only one tabling at $0.20/$0.40

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Just saw your leet raise in the rebuy rex! GL to both of u!

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Pump fist boom. $1500

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Haha no way. Managed to like not win a flip in that entire tournament.

GG.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm

I;d also like to point out my victory was without using Pokertracker.

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 pm

October is cool Drummy. I don't mind a High Roller but the chip stacks are always shallow on Stars right? Not sure I'd like to buy 1500 chips with $25, would rather have a deeper tourney if possible.

Just lost $14 playing 10NL 6-max on iPoker, so decided to have a go just one-tabling 20NL HU. Got a guy (Default00, if you have him Rex) who was sat with $63, but after I stacked him once he went mental. He kept reloading, and I took $120 off of him :lol: Combination of running good and just knowing he was super spewy after constantly being stacked.

He tried to give me more with 77 vs my AA all in pre, but he rivered a straight, but then again the last hand was him just shoving my raise. I call with 99, he has KT. Turn gives him a K, river 9 :lol:

He was just awful, I could go in check-call mode with not much and he'd love to bluff.

Nice little roll booster, but I see what Ecno means about the rake.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Just nitted up a $5 rebuy. First hand AA. Someone shoves. Like 5 callers. KQ flops a boat.

Don't play a hand forever. Someone raises. I shove QQ. Two callers, JT and AJ. A on flop obv.

Then AQ < AK and something else. I was like. strawberry float this gooseberry fool!

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Nice AQ > AJ Enco.

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Ul Gaz :(

Gl Ecno though! I'm going to rail you for a bit, just to watch the IWantJustice guy blow up.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:56 am

13th in the $100 rebuy for $772. Bit of a shame but wound up with about 7 1/2 BB and called a shove with A5s pretty much knowing I was behind. I actually wonder if it was a call or not.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:13 am

All MTT sucked today. One I got deep in then JJ < KK and TT < KK IN A ROW. Like wtf. Also had a QQ < KK in another. Got real far in a $55 rb on stars only to grind down and despite not playing any hands some guy raises then calls my shove with J9 and makes a straight.

JOKERSTARS.

Back on WH tomorrow.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:20 am

I'm actually quite dissapointed by the lack of major tournaments on Saturdays. I mean I don't really want to play Sunday night as if you win something olike the Sunday Mil you'd have to go straight to work.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:32 am

I never understood this either. Why is the $200k GTD on ipoker Sunday night 7pm.

I mean its ok for me whilst I am on holiday but otherwise. =\

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:38 am

Isn't it primarily aimed at Americans? Might be wrong, but that's what I've always thought.

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:22 am

Ecno wrote:I;d also like to point out my victory was without using Pokertracker.

nice one on winning the 25 rebuy! you make it sound like there's no difference between winning the 25 dollar rebuy and comparing it to winning the $5 rebuy! is it really that soft?

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:06 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Isn't it primarily aimed at Americans? Might be wrong, but that's what I've always thought.

Americans can't play on Ipoker. I can understand the PS one being at 9:30 but not the ipoker one.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:06 am

Luwinski wrote:
Ecno wrote:I;d also like to point out my victory was without using Pokertracker.

nice one on winning the 25 rebuy! you make it sound like there's no difference between winning the 25 dollar rebuy and comparing it to winning the $5 rebuy! is it really that soft?

Yes

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:31 am

Nice work Ecno.

Tournament last night was shite. Finished 14/45 or something.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:38 am

Did get your text btw. Was schooling Hawks on how to play full ring SNG at the time and forgot to reply.

IMO we should try get people in the 35k GTD tonight on ipoker. It's $100 tourney but there is a $10 satelite starting in 3 hours with 25 seats GTD. I should probs mention it's a $10 RB.

If people want in I could buy up some action too...

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:59 am

Heh.

It started off okay. 6k in chips with 25/50 blinds. Picked up AJ and raised it up, two callers. Flop was J84. Bet it and they both called. Ace on the turn and they both folded. Little while later I limped in with K3hh on the button. Two hearts on the flop which is what I'm calling for to see. I bet and was raised. I called, made my flush on the turn, checked, and he checked after me. Board pairs an 8 on the river and he check-calls my bet and sees my flush and I move to 9k. He had an 8. Then things got slightly gooseberry fool. I raised with AQ from the button and the blinds come along. Flop is A35 small blind check-calls my bet and the big blind check folds. Turn is a jack. This time he check raises me. I called. River is something irrelevant and now he bets out. I just couldn't see how my hand was any good and threw it away, pretty sure he flopped a set of fives or threes. So I'm back to 5.5k

Very next though worked out well. UTG raises to 3x and I have AA. I 3bet him and he snap shoves when it comes back to him. He has QQ and although I got a scary board my aces held to move me back to 9k. Table then split and this is where the tournament became shite.

I got moved to a table with this annoying drunk middle-aged woman who seemed more interested in chatting about a load of crap which most of the table didn't care about. Because of how long she took to act every time (even worse when it was her deal) we were only seeing like one orbit every blind level. Even worse, she was running ridic hot and assembled a monster stack, so unless the table broke there was no way of getting rid of her. I also was pretty card dead and getting quite frustrated at how gooseberry fool this was becoming.

I knocked a shorter stack out with A8 > A6 to put me back at 8k but the blinds were 600/1200 now and it seemed like every other hand was T3 or something equally poor. Eventually I found a couple of raggy aces in position to shove-steal the blinds with to at least keep myself around that level. Blinds then went up to 800/1600 and in the small blind I get AQ. The woman flats as does another younger player (Shaun Deeb basically, almost identical). I moved in and the woman folded. The younger guy though tanked for a while before announcing that "I have a gooseberry fool hand but I need chips". At this point he only has like a little more than I do. He asks me if I have 88 and a few more questions before saying "I'm probably behind, but I have to gamble sometime. Call." Probably behind? :lol:

Anyway he showed KTo, flopped a ten and turned a king (and I didn't make a jack on the river) to bust me.

Last edited by Drumstick on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image

Return to “Archive”