The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - The Main Event
by Rex McGee » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Came 3rd for $750.

Was AI for 267k pot (360k chips in play) with JJ vs A9 to knock someone out and be 2.6:1 CL HU. Rivered the ace. Then got AI for remaining stack and lost Q9 to 96. Played pretty good though I felt.

Also in two more MTT atm but ipoker has crashed.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:54 pm

My Laptop is being really strange. Pokerstars and Full Tilt work but Ipoker or IE don't and neither do some desktops things. So I'm on my desktop without pokertracker and not being able to move around. It's so annoying.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Well ipoker is pretty strawberry floated up atm anyway. I would avoid it. I've been in two frozen tournaments for hours now that are not moving. Having to go to bed soon and say goodbye to moneys.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:17 pm

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

CO (t9825)
Button (t10400)
SB (t10250)
BB (t12000)
UTG (t8900)
UTG+1 (t8350)
MP1 (t10400)
Hero (MP2) (t10375)
MP3 (t9500)

Hero's M: 69.17

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:club:, J:club:
3 folds, Hero bets t300, 3 folds, SB calls t250, 1 fold

Flop: (t700) 3:heart:, J:heart:, 4:spade: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t450, SB raises to t2000, Hero calls t1550

Turn: (t4700) 10:diamond: (2 players)
SB bets t3800, Hero calls t3800

River: (t12300) 8:heart: (2 players)
SB bets t4150 (All-In), Hero calls t4150

Total pot: t20600

Right I need to fold somewhere but where. The other player is a bit of a donk I think but I haven't been paying attention and I have no HuD.

edit: I think I should probably fold to the river heart.

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 pm

i'm no great tourny player but what bout the flop play. no 4-bet?

edit: just thinking that if you plan to fold to a 3rd heart on the river then you are assuming he is semi bluffing the flop. real pressure could've came from putting his tournament life on the line.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 am

I think the turn is the key point here, he has bet like 80% of the pot and given that if you call you will have over half of your stack in the pot, you need to decide whether to fold or shove. After you call I don't think you can fold the river. Given the flat call in the small blind and whopping check-raise at the flop I don't know what else to put him on aside from a low set, as I don't think the majority of players double barrel a flush draw so hard.

Oh, Sykes, did you post the results of that hand up at all from a few pages back?

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 am

Just came off the back of a decent session of .10/.20 on iPoker. Looking forward to playing more, epic donkness.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Fold turn? Given the board I don't think he is betting with nothing and river surely has you beat?

Also luwinski a 4 bet is the 4th bet so you are suggesting a 3bet. People get confused because preflop the blind counts as a bet so what you think post flop is a 4bet is a 3bet etc. A 2 bet is just a raise see.

Aaron and I going to win some ipoker. brb.

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Time to grind some $5 sngs think I'm gonna six table for a few hours feel free to rail me and I'm on MSN.

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Slayerx wrote:Time to grind some $5 sngs think I'm gonna six table for a few hours feel free to rail me and I'm on MSN.

10 table; man up!!

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Poker Gods must of heard me moan about Quads had them 3 times tonight :lol:

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Slayerx wrote:Poker Gods must of heard me moan about Quads had them 3 times tonight :lol:

What!?

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Flopped quad 10's turned quad 6's and hit 3 Jacks flop turn and river :mrgreen:

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Record 6 times with Quads tonight might be playing too much poker played about 20 sng's and now i'm at two 5 10 NL tables.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Main Event Updates for Day 2B:

Ivey Cut Down

The gentleman in the hijack opened for 1,100, only for Yuji Masaki cutoff to make it 2,800. In the big blind, Phil Ivey went all in. The hijack folded, but Masaki called all in, barely covered by Ivey.

Ivey: ImageImage

Masaki: ImageImage

Flop: ImageImageImage

No help there.

Turn: bink! Image

Ivey was suddenly in the lead.

River: re-bink! Image

The better hand won in the end, and after a cruel glimpse of hope on the turn, Ivey was crippled. He remained in the game, but was down to just 1,900.

Ivey Not Alivey

Scott "Mayhem" Einigier limped in and Phil Ivey called on the button, leaving himself 1,000 behind. The blinds got involved too, and they saw an ImageImageImage flop. It checked around to Ivey who went all in for 1,000, and the gent in the small blind made the call, as did the big blind, but Einigier raised to 7,000. Mr. Small Blind folded, but Mr. Big Blind made the call.

They saw a Image turn and the big blind checked, before calling another 7,000 from Einigier.

The river was the Image. The big blind now checked again, and this time Einigier went all in. The big blind finally folded, and it was just Einigier and Ivey to showdown. Einigier tabled ImageImage for a full house and Ivey just mucked. He headed for the door, chased by TV cameras as he went.

Benyamine Climbing

We arrived at the table and saw the cards are on their back, along with about 35,000 in the middle on a board of ImageImageImageImage

David Benyamine: ImageImage

Opponent 1: ImageImage

Opponent 2: ImageImage

The river was the Image, adding insult to injury for Benyamine's opponents. They both hit the rail while Benyamine chipped up to about 150,000.

Doyle Brunson Signs Out

Doyle Brunson and another player at his table saw a flop of ImageImageImage. Brunson made a bet of 4,500 and his opponent raised to 11,000. Brunson had about 38,000 before the hand started and he put his entire stack in the middle, getting called.

Brunson: ImageImage

Opponent: ImageImage

Brunson needed some help from the dealer if he was going to survive the hand. However when the turn came Image followed by the Image on the river, Brunson failed to get that help.

The entire corner of the Amazon Room where Brunson had been playing stood up to offer the Godfather of Poker a healthy round of applause as he tipped his trademark cowboy hat and made his way to the hallway, a sign that the hugely influential player continues to earn the respect and admiration of the poker community.

Brunson, of course, has ten World Series of Poker bracelets, two of those coming in the Main Event. With a little luck we'll see him around for many more years as he tries to collect one more.

Fergie Hits a Hump

Chris Ferguson's mission to echo his 2000 success has ended in failure. Down to around 5,000, he came over the top of the cut-off's open of 2,000 from the button, only for the small blind to offer some extra value (although likely a tougher hand to overcome) with a cold four-bet to 9,600.

The cut-off mulled over his decision before making the fold (ImageImage face up), thus leading to a showdown: Ferguson in need of er... divine assistance with ImageImage versus ImageImage.

"You could have just called," said the cut-off, and maybe he should have as the flop came a decisive ImageImageImage. A Image turn was enough for Ferguson to rise from his seat, and as the dealer dealt an academic Image river, he was already heading towards the door, braced for the long and lonely walk through the Rio corridors.

Arieh and Shulman Exit Stage Left

2009 November Niner Jeff Shulman and 2004 final tablist Josh Arieh have been eliminated from the 2010 Main Event.

We were unable to catch either of their bustout hands due to the Alcatraz-like security at the main feature table, but during our last trip to grab their counts we found their seats empty.

We're Out of Day 2s

After eight hours of play, the second of the two Day 2 flights has come to an end. It was a comparatively short day in WSOP terms but it produced plenty of action.

Perhaps the most talked-about hand to emerge from Day 2b was a hand between Prahlad Friedman and Ted Bort. As was related to us after the fact, Bort shoved against Friedman, then eventually called a clock when Friedman was slow to decide what to do. With a floor person counting down the final ten seconds of the clock, Friedman appeared to call all in at the count of "One." Neither the dealer nor the floor heard him, however, and immediately killed his hand at the zero count. The entire table protested that Friedman had called, especially Bort -- who tabled what was the best hand. Friedman would have been eliminated. Instead Friedman remains alive heading into Day 3, as does Bort.

Otherwise the theme of the day was the elimination of many of the notable names. George Danzer. Phil Ivey. Todd Brunson. David Baker. John Phan. Gavin Griffin. J.C. Tran. Doyle Brunson. Jon Little. The list of eliminations goes on and on.

There were a few well-known name making waves near the top of the counts. Bracelet winner Vanessa Selbst was zeroing in on 300,000 chips before settling at 265,000 chips to end the day. The same was true of Gabriel Walls, who spent large portions of the day as the chip leader with 400,000 before falling back to 241,000 by the end of the night. The opposite was true of Jon van Fleet and Jim "Queso" Collopy, who both chipped up at the end of the night to settle just south of 300,000.

The overall leader for the day appears to be David Assouline, who bagged up 387,800. So far we haven't seen any bigger end-of-Day 2b stack. If that count holds, it will make Assouline the overall leader heading into Day 3 on Monday, when the entire field will consolidate for the first time.

Tomorrow is a day off for the World Series of Poker, the first and only day off the entire seven weeks of the festival. Survivors will spend the day trying their best to rest and relax in preparation to re-join the fray on Monday. It's unlikely that we'll hit the money by the end of the day Monday. All of these players are going to have to go through another full day of play without being assured a return on their $10,000 investment.

We'll return at noon on Monday. Until then, you can find us at the bar.

Last edited by Drumstick on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Well somehow $60 under EV having only played for 2 hours on Ipoker :lol:

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 pm

Todays 70minute session on Titan: EV $48 (some is pounds, doesn't tell difference), profit -$23.

It's hard to stay motivated when I'm playing so well and losing so badly :cry:

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 pm

For those who like therir 6 max tourney,

The schedule

Pokerstars
4:15 $40+$4
6:40 $20+2 500 Cap

iPoker
5:10 $25 Rebuy

Full Tilt

6:00 $69+6

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Any cheaper ones for those of us with lesser bankrolls?

Image Image Image
DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:55 pm

Tonight had a massive lead 1st out of 3 from 28 starting - and then a series of events that lost me my stack.

It ended with me feeling priced in with 9-7h, so I call to find I am against 8-2d.

All diamond flop!

:lol: :fp:

At least I won the last longer bet!

Return to “Archive”