The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
Nova
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Donkbusters
by Nova » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 pm

Yeah, thought it must be a small tourney!

My roll is stuck at $1100 now, and I'm not having the best of it. I think I might stick to 10/25NL during week nights and satellite to tournies at the weekend. Million's not on this week so qualifying for all the SCOOP events (Low, maybe Medium if I can get in any) is my main priority at the moment. If anyone is interested in any staking deals for those up and coming events let me know.

Anyone else thinking of getting involved in the SCOOP?

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Nova wrote:Anyone else thinking of getting involved in the SCOOP?

I haven't look at the schedule or events yet but I'll probably do some of the low buy-in ones and maybe try and satellite into some of the others.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Anyone interested in having FullTilt money for your Stars money? I need to exchange $53.24.

Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Gaz might be able to help you with that.

Nova I can stake you for like anything up to about $30 if you are gonna put lots of effort into winning me moneys. :P

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Anyone interested in having FullTilt money for your Stars money? I need to exchange $53.24.

Yeah I can do that. Send it to satriales3 on Fulltilt and then I'll send you the same amount on Stars.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Cheers Gaz. Done. :)

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Ok, I've just sent it on Stars :)

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:11 pm

There's a Titan tournament on tonight for those that registered through Pokertube.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Cool, I just registered. It's a freeroll this time.

DML
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Rumble with the Donks
by DML » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:07 pm

What time?

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm

It started at 8pm so a bit late now :shifty:

There were 78 entrants and me and Drummy have just reached the final table. Drummy is chipleader and i'm 7/9 but stacks are fairly even and I have 30BB so not desperate or anything yet.

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm

satriales wrote:It started at 8pm so a bit late now :shifty:

There were 78 entrants and me and Drummy have just reached the final table. Drummy is chipleader and i'm 7/9 but stacks are fairly even and I have 30BB so not desperate or anything yet.

Wow, that's awesome! How much is added? I would watch, but I should be doing work and Titan isn't working for me atm.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Nova wrote:
satriales wrote:It started at 8pm so a bit late now :shifty:

Wow, that's awesome! How much is added? I would watch, but I should be doing work and Titan isn't working for me atm.

Well it's $500 added but the buyin is $0 so it's basically just a $500 freeroll. So not big money but $150 for 1st, $100 for 2nd, and there's 7 of us left which is $25 for 7th.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Just took down the Pokertube freeroll for $150. :D

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:42 pm

gg

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:42 am

Nice boost to the roll, Drummy! Well done too sat :)

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:18 am

It was good fun but I was getting non-stop amazing hands at the start when half of my table was sitting out so I didn't get any action. I think at one point I had 99, JJ, QQ three hands in a row and just picked up the blinds each time.

And then when I reached the final table I was completely card dead and the blinds increased quite rapidly. I eventually got it in with a flip A8s v 66 but didn't hit anything. The final table was fairly loose and so I didn't get many chances to steal and I don't think there was much else I could have done.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 am

Quick tournament recap then.

Both Sat and I ran pretty hot in the opening stages, picking up lots of big pocket pairs. I got my first double up with AK vs A4. There was a blank flop which I cbet and got called on. The turn was an ace and I checked-raised the guy who came over the top and I snapped him off to move up. Another hand was when I had KK. I flopped top set and again check-called his all in with KJ. I also picked up some blinds with AA and QQ during this time.

The only real mistake I made in this tournament was around this time. I had built my stack to 5.7k from the starting 1500 and had JJ in the small blind. There was a late limper and I raised it up to 5x and got a call. The board didn’t look too dangerous and came queen high. I bet out and he called, the turn was a blank and I bet a pretty sizeable amount on the turn and he called again. The river was an ace and I had to give up on the hand, he insta shoves (a common occurrence in this tournament) and I folded. It was fine though as I still had 4k, as did Sat.

A short while later after working my way back to 5k I doubled through the chip leader who I had position on. I had AK in the big blind and he limped from the small. I made a 4x raise and then he shipped. I decided to call and he showed 66. Ace on the flop wins me the hand and I move to 10k. I stayed quite aggressive and kept stealing my way to 12k. We then got down to two tables and it was now when I assumed the chip lead which I never really relinquished. I called an UTG raise with 22 on the button and saw a 255 flop. UTG pushes in rather unnecessarily for 7k with JJ, I obv call and move to 19k.

Sat and I moved to the final table with 12k(?) and 19k respectively. Sadly he didn't really seem to pick up any hands and got blinded down. There were two very important hands left from my perspective. The first I had AA, raised it up and got one caller in late position. The flop came all clubs and I had the ace of clubs. He bets the flop and turn hard, and I just called both times. The river puts a fourth club on the board however it is 4567, so the 8 or 3 has me beat. He shoves and I call. He shows Q3ss and I gain 17k to really cement my lead. When we got three-handed, two of us had 45k and another had 25k roughly. With blinds at 1k/2k, I tried to be aggressive without overdoing it and edged my way into the lead. The shorter stack was playing very tight and gave up his blinds easily, whilst the other player gave up hands at the flop a lot of the time.

After the short guy folded his button I min-raised with Q7 and the flop came Q84. the turn and river came as 2 and a 3, I kept my bets small in relation to the pot and he called me down with J8 for second pair, bolstering me to 75k. Eventually after grinding them both down to around 15k I finished the J8 guy off with 66 vs. his Q9, leaving me with an overwhelming chip lead of 95k to the other guy's 20k. In HU he managed to dodge my aces pre but I finished him off after calling his all in for 13k with 76 vs his A8 and turning a 6.

Image Image Image
Rex McGee
Joined in 2008

by Rex McGee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Wow nice sick! :D

Return to “Archive”