Alpha's Summer Adventure

Our best bits.
Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - Pudding and The Frog (p20)
by Roonmastor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Chalky provides .gifs of his pets. I think the thread demands you make a .gif of Pudding.

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Is that tennis ball pudding has a real tennis ball? If so then you should replace it, or at least give it a stab to let out the compressed air. I used to work at a pet shop and we'd always warn people not to give their dogs real tennis balls as they can bite down on them, and blow out their teeth if the ball explodes due to the compressed gas.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Rightey wrote:not to give their dogs real tennis balls as they can bite down on them, and blow out their teeth if the ball explodes due to the compressed gas.

Ooh, make a .gif of that.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

by The Alchemist Penguin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Great stuff, Alpha.

What do they think of you taking pictures of everything? Whipping out the camera and taking pictures of the food instead of the family must have got you a strange look or two at first. :lol:

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 pm

I bet they think "Bloody British tourists!"

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 pm

They probably think he has some weird sexual fetish for oriental food.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Poncho wrote:They probably think he has some weird sexual fetish for oriental food.

It would explain the girlfriends he ends up with.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:00 pm

IMO Alpha needs to get us a video of him playing with Pudding. Any chance?

Fantastic updates. Just caught up with the last two as I was behind! :D

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

by bigcheez2k3 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Rightey wrote:Is that tennis ball pudding has a real tennis ball? If so then you should replace it, or at least give it a stab to let out the compressed air. I used to work at a pet shop and we'd always warn people not to give their dogs real tennis balls as they can bite down on them, and blow out their teeth if the ball explodes due to the compressed gas.

Eh, WTF?

My dog bursts them all the time and never has any problems, you don't hear any noise like air escaping either.

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
Exxy
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dodems

by Exxy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 pm

bigcheez2k3 wrote:
Rightey wrote:Is that tennis ball pudding has a real tennis ball? If so then you should replace it, or at least give it a stab to let out the compressed air. I used to work at a pet shop and we'd always warn people not to give their dogs real tennis balls as they can bite down on them, and blow out their teeth if the ball explodes due to the compressed gas.

Eh, WTF?

My dog bursts them all the time and never has any problems, you don't hear any noise like air escaping either.

Same. My dogs only a Springer Spaniel, not some rugged dog and whenever she bursts them nothing happens, it just doesn't bounce anymore.

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:15 am

Exxy wrote:
bigcheez2k3 wrote:

Eh, WTF?

Same. My dogs only a Springer Spaniel, not some rugged dog and whenever she bursts them nothing happens, it just doesn't bounce anymore.

Must just be Canadian balls then.

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:28 am

The Forgotten Birthday
18-06-09

This morning one of the maids mentioned that it was her birthday, this came as a big surprise to Antonia as she didn't know or celebrate it. We later mentioned it to the rest of her family and they didn't know either. It seems the maid hadn't ever celebrated her birthday sine arriving in Hong Kong!

We didn't do much during the day apart from rest, play with pudding and be constructive with the LaQ as detailed in the last post. It got to around dinner time when I could smell something nice coming from the kitchen.

Stuffed Chicken Leg with Rice, covered in some type of homemade sauce. It was amazing, the chicken leg had been filled with a homemade stuffing which made it at least tripple it's original size. The sauce on top hides the chicken from view but it was really good. I sadly couldn't finish all my food.

After dinner we went back to the Park'n'Shop Supermarket. I had run out of Marmalade and had no snack foods so needed to stock up. It was quite late when we went so the roads were quiet and it didn't take too long to get there. I was excited about shopping because it'd be mostly for snack foods.

When we arrived at the supermarket I suggested we get a birthday cake for the maid and celebrate her birthday. We went to the cake section but all the cakes were gone, only a few left. We decided to get a Japanese Cheese Cake but it was very dull with no toppings, icing or anything to make it look special.

I also brought some flowers for Antonia's mother who we was going to pick up after shoppping. I don't know what flowers I got apart from the lillies.

We got the rest of the foods we came for and then got some cream for the cake and sugar sprinkles to go on top. I didn't expect the bill to come to so much but it turns out I did buy a lot of food, $500.

After shopping we went to pick up Antonia's mother. As I got out of the car to let her in, she commented on so many flowers, she seemed both surprised and happy when I said they was for her. On the ride home we told her about the cake. We had to sneak it into the house because the maids usually come down and take all the bags and put them away.

We managed to get the cake into Antonia's bedroom without the maids noticing but the other one twigged something was up when she noticed Antonia bolt up to her room with the bag, dropping her phone on the stairs in the process.

We laid a towel on the floor to prevent sprinkles going into the carpet then got to work.

As you can see, the cake is very bland, does not look like a birthday cake. We bought cream and sprinkles to liven it up a bit. Didn't take us too long to make the cake and there was little mess. I expected to ruin it somehow but it actually turned out good.

These images show the cake being transformed.

We took the cake from Antonia's room up to the kitchen with a candle burning on top. The maid look shocked and was very happy. We all went back to the kicthen to eat the cake, the driver even came and joined us for a slice. Antonia's father wasn't home at the time so we saved him a slice of the cake.

The cake was really nice, the cream and sprinkles made it very sweet and gave it a bit more texture. The Japanese Cheesecake is light and fluffy, sort of like a marshmellow in the way it almost melts in your mouth. The cake was so damn good i'm tempted to buy another one just for the sake of it.

Pudding didn't get any cake, he was sitting under the table look up at me as I ate mine. I felt bad and wasn't allowed to give him even a tiny peice.

When the excitement of the birthday celebration had died down, we went back to Antonia's room to watch a movie. I had come well prepared with lots of snacks that I bought at the supermarket.

Here are the snacks that I bought, excluding the two large bottles of Cream Soda.

Burger King Ketchup & Fries Flavored Potato Snacks
These are great, thin crips spinkled in a red powder that tastes like ketchup. Taste best when eaten by the handful for texture and crunch.

Ritz Lemon Sandwiches
Two Ritz Crackers with a layer of lemon cream between. These are lovely, didn't think they'd be that good but just in case, I bought loads of them. Thankfully, they're amazing.

Nestle Condensed Milk
Never seen or tried this before, Antonia suggested I get it since it was very sweet. It's used as a topping on toast, a sort of thick milky cream that tastes very sweet. I skipped the toast and ate this out of the tube, it's lovely.

Mango Tic-Tacs
Best Tic-Tacs Ever, Need I say more?

Puccho Chew Sweets
These sweets are really good, they are chews with sherbert and gummi balls inside. I got three flavors this time, Cola, Cream Soda and Grape. The packaging is what first sold them to me, can you see why?

Schweeps Pomelo Soda
Again, Antonia suggested this to me as it was sweet. I didn't want to try it at first, I just wanted my Cream Soda but I think this is actually better! It's very sweet and refreshing. I need to find large bottles of this stuff.

With the snacks ready we put on the film which was on VCD, the annoying format with two discs meaning we had to swap discs mid way. The film we watched was Wasabi, a french film staring Jean Reno (Leon, Ronin) and a Japanese Pop Star.

Wasabi is about a cop who is too caught up in his work and very voilent in his ways, the film starts in a nightclub where he punches a tranny across the dancefloor. You eventually find out that he is still in love with a Japanese woman who suddenly left him 19 years ago. Just as he finally gets over her, he gets a phone call, she died and left everything to him, including their daughter, who he didn't know about.

The film wasn't too bad, it reminded me a lot of Rush Hour but wasn't as good. It was very tounge in cheek and the action was quite cheesy. An enjoyable film but not one to rush out and see.

I think I ate too much junk food...

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

PostRe: Alpha's Summer Adventure - The Forgotten Birthday (p21)
by Fatal Exception » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 am

That sounds like the best film ever.

Also, that food all looks so nice, I strawberry floating hate you. I bet your girlfriend is hot too, which makes me hate you even more.

Although you're going to get diabetes from all that food, so I guess I can forget it.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 am

Reading this blog makes me so hungry!

Very noble of you to celebrate the maid's birthday too.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:36 am

I don't know whether it's how you set out your updates, but have you stopped eating since you got there? :lol:

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Kinetic
Joined in 2008
AKA: Abraham, Son of Man

by Kinetic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:21 pm

I wanna go back to Hong Kong, properly jealous mate. Was at the airport today and was properly tempted to get a quickie flight to Shenzhen. If only I had my passport and a spare £200 on me...

Hope you're having fun. You bastard.

John Galt
Joined in 2008
AKA: Boo Radley

by John Galt » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:28 pm

I remember when my mate went to Hong Kong about ten years ago and came back with a VCD player and load of pirated films. At the time it was the coolest thing ever as DVDs were a few years away. I can't believe they still use it there though.

rogwilco
Joined in 2008

by rogwilco » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 pm

John Galt wrote:I remember when my mate went to Hong Kong about ten years ago and came back with a VCD player and load of pirated films. At the time it was the coolest thing ever as DVDs were a few years away. I can't believe they still use it there though.

Just what I was thinking. VCDs are way too old school.

Rightey
Joined in 2008

by Rightey » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Phoenix Tennant wrote:
Exxy wrote:
bigcheez2k3 wrote:

Eh, WTF?

Must just be Canadian balls then.

Just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it won't happen, and it costs a hell of a lot of money to get a dogs tooth repared, on the other hand, a proper tennis ball for your dog that you can get from a pet shop costs almost the same as a normal tennis ball, so your choice really.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Tennis balls don't have any compressed air in them. They are basically a hollow rubber sphere with normal air pressure in them.

EDIT: OK, Wikipedia says some, but not all, do. I've never seen a pressurised one myself.

Return to “Archive”