Official GRcade F1 thread (Lewis 2008 WDC)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Do you want a fantasy league for next season?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 27
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Official GRcade F1 thread
by Mini E » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Cropolite wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCsKujaxs4&feature=related

Oh dear.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I do miss montoya :lol:

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Snowcannon wrote:I eat my words about being so sure Vettel wouldn't win! :lol: Brilliant!

And good damage limitation from Hamilton but I guess he probably could have passed Massa, but didn't becvause of engine worries or something because he was right behind Massa at the end there.
Kovy's expression on the podium was priceless. :lol: Says it all, Vettel in a Torro Rosso car really outdrove him!

And :lol: @ that deer on the track video. And extra :lol: at Kimi's performance.

Yeah I think Hamilton had cooked his tires. Kovy really did look gutted didn't he!

It was odd hearing the usual combo of the German and Italian anthems and not having Schumi up there.

kuliand
Joined in 2008

by kuliand » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Ye a decent race good to see vettel win in a mid field car and he deserved it no luck involved kovi should be ashamed really of todays performance. As an Alonso fan it's good to see him get another 4th place now means he is best of the rest in the points table. Kimi looked awful but still showed he had the outright pace which makes it even worse that he finished 9th really think Ferrari should of hired Alonso for 2010.

(sorry for any gramma or spelling mistakes above i've got a head ache and i keep leaving words out for some reason, a bit worrying really)

Snowcannon
Joined in 2008

by Snowcannon » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:05 pm

kuliand wrote:Ye a decent race good to see vettel win in a mid field car and he deserved it no luck involved kovi should be ashamed really of todays performance. As an Alonso fan it's good to see him get another 4th place now means he is best of the rest in the points table. Kimi looked awful but still showed he had the outright pace which makes it even worse that he finished 9th really think Ferrari should of hired Alonso for 2010.

(sorry for any gramma or spelling mistakes above i've got a head ache and i keep leaving words out for some reason, a bit worrying really)

No they should hire Vettel. Kubica would also be a candidate but he seems more of a Mclaren guy IMO.

Stig
Joined in 2008

by Stig » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Snowcannon wrote:And good damage limitation from Hamilton but I guess he probably could have passed Massa, but didn't becvause of engine worries or something because he was right behind Massa at the end there.

Probably scared the FIA would dock him back for overtaking a Ferrari.

*wink*

Missed the race (going to watch the highlights in 45 mins tho), good damage limitation by Hamilton.... and very well done to Vettel.

Red Yoshi
Joined in 2008
AKA: Echo

by Red Yoshi » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Cropolite wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCsKujaxs4&feature=related

Oh dear.

Is that for real :lol:

Sander
Joined in 2008

by Sander » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am

kuliand wrote:kovi should be ashamed really of todays performance.

He had a great result though, thanks to his result we will see an exciting title fight in both the driver and constructor championships.

Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:54 am

Kovi is a complete non-event. He's the new Barrichello: in a top team just to make up the numbers.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:57 am

I'm surprised at just how average Kovy is turning out to be. I'd go as far as saying he isn't a particularly good number 2 driver as he is rarely in a position to steal points off Ferrari for Hamilton.

Barrichello and Coulthard were capable of regular podiums but Kovy seems to really struggle to keep in the points.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:58 am

Eighthours wrote:

Kovi is a complete non-event. He's the new Barrichello: in a top team just to make up the numbers.

When Barrichello was at Ferrari he did far better than Kovi is at the moment. I actually thought on occasion that him being with Ferrari was holding him back.

Time for adventure
Sander
Joined in 2008

by Sander » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Eighthours wrote:

We’ve all seen what happened when there where two top drivers at McLaren. I still think that he’s a decent driver though.

JV
Joined in 2008
AKA: Maurice Merleau-Ponty

by JV » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:01 pm

He hasn't had the best of luck but generally does not seem to have enough pace. I didn't think he looked that great in the Renault last year either. To be fair to him though, Massa started 6th and had little impact as well, whilst it appears that the cars and drivers are quite a lot closer now than they were a few seasons ago.

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Herb wrote:
Eighthours wrote:

When Barrichello was at Ferrari he did far better than Kovi is at the moment. I actually thought on occasion that him being with Ferrari was holding him back.

I concur with this statement. He was such a number two that he was forced out of wins. Kovi just can't get wins.

I don't rate Kovi, never have. But at Monza I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to the conditions and his gremlin.

Victorious!

Last edited by Roonmastor on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:12 pm

I was reading on F1 Live that Vettel manages himself. What a guy, to be able to be a great driver and have the business sense to be able to get a winning drive without proper help!

Puts guys like Webber to shame in some regards.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:37 am

Massa says he won't be relying on Kimi to win the title. Given Kimi's current form I don't think he would be much help anyway. Massa has beaten Kimi this year by a much greater degree than Kimi beat him last year.

Massa goes on to say that they don't tend to talk much. I wonder if Kimi's lack of team ethic is why he has been so poor.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0201.shtml

Pancake
Joined in 2008

by Pancake » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 am

I'm torn as to who I want to win. I would like Hamilton to do so, but I can't help thinking that he is going to have many more opportunities throughout his career whereas this year might be Massa's best chance.

rogwilco
Joined in 2008

by rogwilco » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:57 am

Pancake wrote:I'm torn as to who I want to win. I would like Hamilton to do so, but I can't help thinking that he is going to have many more opportunities throughout his career whereas this year might be Massa's best chance.

Same.

I reckon I'm siding with Hamilton (because he's British, sorry FF :mrgreen: ) even though he does bug me slightly, with all that 'mayne' business and having to slap everyone on the back as he walks past them. Cannot deny though that normally he's an exciting driver and VERY aggressive which I like. Not keen on drifters that pick up points gradually (Kubicia) as I reckon it makes the sport dull. I love Hamilton's aggression and determination to get up to the front. He really does drive as though he's playing at home on a console. :D

So Hamilton FTW for me as he has made this season as exciting as it has been.

Regarding his poor qualifying at the weekend, a work college made me laugh before by suggesting that Hamilton gave his brother a go in the car on Q2. :lol:

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:50 am

I think I want Massa to win too, but to be honest I don't mind really as I like both of them. I guess I want Massa to win as in a way it would continue the Schumacher legacy, and I feel it would back up his reason for retiring, to let Massa keep his drive.

In a way, it would also silence some of the critics who said that Schumi never had a competitive team mate, as he would have beaten a future world champion in the same car.

I think Hamilton will win the title plenty of times in the future, and supporting drivers is always more fun when they are chasing success, rather than defending a title. The only reason I want him to win this year is that it has been too long without a Mclaren champion.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:56 am

I'm not particularly rooting for anyone this year, instead opting to just watching things play out without having a favourite. I don't quite see it being as close as last year though unless Kimi gets a move on.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
JV
Joined in 2008
AKA: Maurice Merleau-Ponty

by JV » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm

I think the vast majority of us here, excluding one person maybe, would be happy with either Massa or Hamilton winning. However..... what IF Kimi was able to force his way back in over the next couple of races and ends up stealing? Would you be disappointed, or will you be hailing him a comeback hero? Having seen him drive the way he has this year, I would really be torn to change my attitude if he comes good at the end.

Return to “Stuff”