The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
Corazon de Leon

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: Hulk Hogan to star in No Hoes Barr
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 pm

My mind be strawberry floated. I want Rock to win though, mainly due to having held an allegiance to the guy right through the attitude era. :wub:

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 pm

This is good though... people actually give a gooseberry fool about the outcome of a wrestling match.

Chocolate Jim
Joined in 2008

by Chocolate Jim » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 am

I doubt even the wwe know whos going over at this point

Chocolate Jim
Joined in 2008

by Chocolate Jim » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 am

I doubt even the wwe know whos going over at this point

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am

Just listening to this weeks Review-a-Wai (Wrestlemania 2000) and they raise a good point that it's the only WM that is out of order as the rest are 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 25m 26 etc. Anyone know why?

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am

You mean Wrestlemania 16?

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:37 am

Rock wins in Miami in front of his home crowd.

Cena gets his heat back the night after on RAW by laughing it off and making a few jokes.

1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by 1cmanny1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:13 am

I would imagine that would be the case. Or he will do on about how good the match was and he was happy to be part of it etc.

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:12 am

Imagine the riots if Cena beat The Rock clean but did so using the Rock Bottom/People's Elbow. :lol:

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:35 am

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Imagine the riots if Cena beat The Rock clean but did so using the Rock Bottom/People's Elbow. :lol:

I'd actually love that to happen just to see the crowd and Internet explode :D

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:24 am

Dark Ritual wrote:Just listening to this weeks Review-a-Wai (Wrestlemania 2000) and they raise a good point that it's the only WM that is out of order as the rest are 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 25m 26 etc. Anyone know why?

It was purely down to it being the year 2000. Everyone was renaming shows that year with 2000. It was a big deal at the time with the new century and all that.

Shoe Army
gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 am

Dark Ritual wrote:Still makes the spine shiver.

Heyman's line before the Promo is just awesome too.

It's just amazing, even the crowd's aura adds to the hush before the promo it felt like something big was going to happen and it did. Everytime I hear that song now, all I can see is Rock getting stunnered by Stone Cold, 11 years later it's still ingrained in my memory

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 am

Why would Cena losing be bad for business? Business is stagnant at the moment aside from his merch sales. The company needs a new direction. Cena should lose and they should push on with a new era with Punk, Bryan, Barrett stepping in to replace Cena as lead star.

Cena winning would just send out a message that they are keeping the status quo in my opinion. Plus if Rock loses, next time he comes back it won't be a big deal.

I'm honestly dreading having Cena back in the title picture next year over guys who should be pushed.

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Because if Rock wins then he beats the number one guy in the company. If you want to build stars to take over the Cena role then Cena needs to be kept the undoubted top guy (preferably as a cocky, grinning heel because of it) until he's beaten and the torch is passed.

Rock will always be a big deal coming back unless he continually loses. If he were to win in Miami that would be the perfect end to his career as a wrestler and he could quite happily put an end to his career there end it there, but we know he's going to keep on wrestling.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 pm

For those wondering, that John Cena perfume/fragrance/cologne doesn't actually exist. Well, there's nothing on Google or wweshop.com anyway. The amount of gooseberry fool WWE come out with, it genuinely wouldn't have surprised me if they did bring something like that out.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Skippy wrote:Because if Rock wins then he beats the number one guy in the company. If you want to build stars to take over the Cena role then Cena needs to be kept the undoubted top guy (preferably as a cocky, grinning heel because of it) until he's beaten and the torch is passed.

Rock will always be a big deal coming back unless he continually loses. If he were to win in Miami that would be the perfect end to his career as a wrestler and he could quite happily put an end to his career there end it there, but we know he's going to keep on wrestling.

The problem is, Cena is not the number 1 guy in the company. He may be in terms of merch sales, but the vast majority of fans don't see him as the best in the ring out of the current roster. In many respects, Cena's era is coming to an end. I honestly don't think it will be bad for business at all if Rock wins, if anything it would give them even more publicity.

Zellery
Joined in 2008

by Zellery » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Any idea if or where I can get Review-A-Wai's review of TNA Bound For Glory 2005? It's supposed to be their next review after Badd Blood 97 but the next one in their archives is Buried Alive. :(

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Skippy wrote:Because if Rock wins then he beats the number one guy in the company. If you want to build stars to take over the Cena role then Cena needs to be kept the undoubted top guy (preferably as a cocky, grinning heel because of it) until he's beaten and the torch is passed.

I'd argue Punk was the number one guy in the company now.

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Prototype wrote:

I'd argue Punk was the number one guy in the company now.

Then why isn't he facing Rock? Punk is the number one face in practise (in theory they want it to be Cena) but I never mentioned faces or heels, just the number one guy, who is still Cena.

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Isn't Punk actually beating Cena in merchandise now?

Zellery wrote:Any idea if or where I can get Review-A-Wai's review of TNA Bound For Glory 2005? It's supposed to be their next review after Badd Blood 97 but the next one in their archives is Buried Alive. :(

Try this:

http://ar2.podbean.com/pb/19e092d502fa8 ... 0-2010.mp3

Or here:

http://lawradio.podbean.com/2010/10/11/ ... for-glory/

It starts at the 1 hr 38 minute mark!

Return to “Archive”