GRcade Tasks of the Week: Week 2 - New players welcome!

Our best bits.
Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Tasks of the Week: Week 2 - New players welcome!
by Mockmaster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Dowbocop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure what I just watched, but it was brilliant.

Zartan wrote:Can we count Mexico as South America?

Also what the hell is classed as African and Australasian food? Christmas cake is apparently Australian, if I ate an Australian cake does that count?

Nope, Mexico will not be accepted as South American.

Anyone struggling with African cuisine might like to consider Moroccan food.

Deadpool wrote:
Deadpool wrote:tonight i left a club early so my mate wouldnt hav to pay the full price for a taxi. can i have a task gte please?

I'll rephrase this in soberspeak. Last night, I left early so my mate wouldn't be leaving the club alone and going home in a taxi, which he'd have to pay full price for. I could've stayed and paid less for my cab going home with other people, but I didn't. Task get?

Task GET!

JK - Task GET! That's an impressive Carlsberg Tower.

mcjihge2 wrote:Late post for week one in the other thread please :oops:

No worries. I wondered what happened to your entries. I will add your updated score belatedly to the table. But bear in mind from this week onwards the deadline will be very strict.

Although, despite my leniency, as much as I want to, I cannot award you points for your balloon tapeworm.

:lol:

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:32 pm

I thought i was going to burst my ear drums trying blow them balloons up.

Xbox Live: GCE
Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:40 pm

mcjihge2 wrote:I thought i was going to burst my ear drums trying blow them balloons up.

I think the consensus was that you needed a pump. As it turns out, I'm not sure anyone managed it without one.

Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Taskmaster wrote:
mcjihge2 wrote:I thought i was going to burst my ear drums trying blow them balloons up.

I think the consensus was that you needed a pump. As it turns out, I'm not sure anyone managed it without one.

I did, but my mouth hurt for days afterward (no homo), and you had to stretch them out so far that they were prone to ripping (no homo).

Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Music for the Soul

Anger
At the Drive-in - Arcarsenal

Love
Daft Punk - Digital Love

Happiness
Daft Punk - One more time

Sorrow
Chris Cornell - When I'm down

Courage
Stan Bush - The Touch

Fear
Led Zeppelin - No Quarter

Johnny Ryall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig

by Johnny Ryall » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Taskmaster wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Can i use a biro?

Yes. You didn't expect me to say that did you? Now you're screwed. AHAHAHAHAHA.

:(

Zartan
Joined in 2008

by Zartan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Taskmaster wrote:

Yeah a pump was needed. Oh and Damn you about the Morocco reveal.

What was the ruling on Cake?

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Zartan wrote:
Taskmaster wrote:

Yeah a pump was needed. Oh and Damn you about the Morocco reveal.

What was the ruling on Cake?

I did specify they had to be meals. So, I cannot allow cake. I will however allow death.

Zartan
Joined in 2008

by Zartan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:43 pm

I just had an interesting inncident with some beer bottles and a concrete floor, seems I wont be using those any more for the tower task, and it may of been quite foolish to try.

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:25 am

I have a question to ask regarding Altruistic Act.

What if I do something altruistic, but as a side effect it actually does benefit me? I had no intention of getting a benefit from it, nor expected to, yet still did. Would that count as a Task Get! or are unexpected benefits considered a nullifier?

_wheredoigonow_
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:37 am

Oh, I did my altruistic act, but forgot to mention it. I did the ironing for my girlfriend. It's her chore (in our blissful and harmonious little domicile), and she'd spent hours doing it on Saturday, but still had a bit left. She was moaning that she still had some to do, so yesterday I finished it for her, as a nice little surprise for when she got home. Is that a Task Get!?

Also, do I have a Task Get! for the video? I'm away this weekend so I'm trying to get these done early, confirmation would ease my mind :)

White Rabbit
Joined in 2008

by White Rabbit » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 pm

For the Tower task, does figure boxes count? They're all for different figures, but they're all figure boxes...

JK
Joined in 2008

by JK » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Here's my attempt at the painting challenge.

Last Christmas, I got a Paint Your Own Mug kit from my mum, but I never got round to doing it. This seemed like the perfect oppurtunity to give it a go.

But what to paint? I only had four colours to play with, and I'm not great at painting at the best of times, so something simple, yet iconic...

I'm going to enjoy tea breaks all the more now.

Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:05 pm

JK wrote:Here's my attempt at the painting challenge.

Last Christmas, I got a Paint Your Own Mug kit from my mum, but I never got round to doing it. This seemed like the perfect oppurtunity to give it a go.

But what to paint? I only had four colours to play with, and I'm not great at painting at the best of times, so something simple, yet iconic...

I'm going to enjoy tea breaks all the more now.

That's awesome!

JK
Joined in 2008

by JK » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:33 pm

I've been pretty bored today. Here's my time capsule.

First up, I wrote a letter to myself in the future. I hope he'll like it.

Then, I had a think about the things might future self might appreciate having. So, I came up with the following:

Two paint brushes and some paint

Used to paint my mug, I thought that a futuristic world without painting or art would be cold and drab. Also, these came in the Paint Your Mug box and I had nowhere else to put them.

Some old train tickets
Memories of journeys past. "The journey is more important than the destination", as a wise old man once said. He clearly never used a train in Britain (and so can truly be considered a wise man).

A penny
No doubt in the future all transactions will take place using imaginary money and all coins and notes will be out of circulation. This little fella will remind me of how bloody ubiquituos these little bastards were and how you could never get rid of them.

A money off voucher for beer at Tesco
Everybody needs beer.

A ticket stub for District 9 at the Sheffield Cineworld.
Memories of this film could perhaps help me to understand the thoughts and feelings of any invading alien forces that may or may not inhabit the planet in a decade.

The fact that I was placed in the GAY row was purely a coincidence.

A balloon dog with no legs.
To bring joy.

All these items were packaged up into my time capsule box with a stern warning not to open until ten years hence.

I then hid the box and had my mind erased with mind rubbers.

Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

by Pontius Pilate » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Anger - Scentless Apprentice - Nirvana.
Love - Nobody does it better - Carly Simon. (Babe :wub:)
Happiness - December, 1963 - Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
Sorrow - Time - Ben Folds
Courage - New Way Home - Foo Fighters
Fear - 4st 7lb - Manic Street Preachers. (Not particularly about fear, but it's a terrifying subject to me)

(This task was harder than the Balloon animal task)

Edit - Just drove to my grans to pick up a few bin bags of her clothes needing washed. The housing facility she lives in, only has 2 washing machines between 30 odd residents! Task get?

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Dowbocop wrote:Also, do I have a Task Get! for the video? I'm away this weekend so I'm trying to get these done early, confirmation would ease my mind :)

As entertaining as the video was, and despite the enthusiastic effort, I'm afraid it isn't a Task GET! I judge that it was more a valiant but failed attempt, rather than a tower.

Banjo wrote:I have a question to ask regarding Altruistic Act.

What if I do something altruistic, but as a side effect it actually does benefit me? I had no intention of getting a benefit from it, nor expected to, yet still did. Would that count as a Task Get! or are unexpected benefits considered a nullifier?

As long as you didn't do the act in the hope of getting something in return, it's a Task GET!

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:04 pm

White Rabbit wrote:For the Tower task, does figure boxes count? They're all for different figures, but they're all figure boxes...

That would count :)

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Dowbocop wrote:Oh, I did my altruistic act, but forgot to mention it. I did the ironing for my girlfriend. It's her chore (in our blissful and harmonious little domicile), and she'd spent hours doing it on Saturday, but still had a bit left. She was moaning that she still had some to do, so yesterday I finished it for her, as a nice little surprise for when she got home. Is that a Task Get!?

Also, do I have a Task Get! for the video? I'm away this weekend so I'm trying to get these done early, confirmation would ease my mind :)

Task GET!

Ryan0rz wrote:Edit - Just drove to my grans to pick up a few bin bags of her clothes needing washed. The housing facility she lives in, only has 2 washing machines between 30 odd residents! Task get?

Was this something you were asked to do or did you offer?

JK
Joined in 2008

by JK » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Taskmaster wrote:
Banjo wrote:I have a question to ask regarding Altruistic Act.

As long as you didn't do the act in the hope of getting something in return, it's a Task GET!

It could be argued that none of us can perform a truly altruistic act this week, as any seemingly self-less good deed we perform carries with it a few extra points for this competition.

It's a philospohical minefield.

Return to “Archive”