GRcade Tasks of the Week: Week 1 - Sign up here!!!!

Our best bits.
Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

PostGRcade Tasks of the Week: Week 1 - Sign up here!!!!
by Mockmaster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Hello,

BORED OF YOUR LIFE?

WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE?

You've come to the right place my friend. For in this thread you will find like minded people. People who aren't happy to just let life pass them by. People who are determined to get the most out of that which we take for granted.

These people live for the GRcade Tasks of the Week!

Every week, I will set 6 tasks. For each task you complete, you will be awarded points. I will run a league table as people vie for Task Supremacy.

After 10 weeks, I will award the winner an awesome prize, along with the sought after title of TASK MASTER. But the real prize is the satisfaction of achieving these tasks and the experiences you have in the process of doing so.

The 6 tasks will comprise of:

- 2 Easy Tasks (1 point each)

- 2 Medium Tasks (3 points each)

- 2 Hard Tasks (5 points each)

2 bonus points for completing all 6 tasks.

There are therefore a maximum of 20 points up for grabs every week.

Week 1 Tasks:

Easy

1. iPlay, iSaw, iConquered

We all pay our TV licenses (or do we?). Time to get full value for money using the fantastic iPlayer service, which has a wealth of culture and entertainment on there. To pass this task, simply watch 2 programmes on BBC iPlayer. At least one must be a documentary.

2. The Winner Takes It All

Do you feel lucky, punk? Maybe you don't. Maybe you're just really clever and like to play the odds. Either way, now's your chance to put this to the test by dipping your toe in the zany world of competitions. You never know, you may end up winning a 32inch LCD TV. A straightforward task then. It can be on the internet, in a magazine, a radio phone in. Anything. To pass this task, you must enter a competition.

Medium

1. Arboretum Council

They are everywhere. Watching us in silence. Majestic, mystical. Some have stood for hundreds of years. Some for mere months. For this task, I’d like you to find 3 trees. Not just any trees. There has to be something about them. Something that makes you stop and go ‘there is something about that tree’. Maybe the trees aren’t special looking in particular. Maybe they have something else about them that is special. Their presence, their location, anything. Some kind of association or memory from your childhood, perhaps. Take pictures of 3 interesting looking trees (evidence required)

2. Strictly Confidential

In these troubled economic times, it can be really difficult to find those extra pennies to treat yourself to something without worrying if the money spent will deprive you of food later in the week. This is made even more problematic by the expense of products that go from warehouse to supplier to seller with everyone adding a little more cost to ensure that they earn a piece of the overall pie. Well, time for you to avoid placing your hard-earned salary into the warehouse/supplier/seller fatcats' pockets and, instead, you will give a little of your money to a similarly hard-up citizen whilst earning yourself a little treat in the process. Use the GRcade Trading Post. Either put something up for sale, or buy an item.

Hard

1. Reach Back

In the high octane world we live in, people come and go. Has anyone come and gone from your life? It may be that everyone you want in your life is in your life right now. It may be that you've lost touch with someone who wasn't a bad egg. This is your chance to rekindle such contact. Talk to someone (via email, text or speaking) that you haven't spoken to in at least 6 months. Adding them as a friend on Facebook doesn't count.

2. The Entertainer

Time to teach yourself a new skill…. But it won’t be easy…. And the application may be difficult to see. But… one day in the future….. when you bring a smile to your kid’s face or humour a girl you are dating on her birthday, you will thank me for this. To pass this task, you need to learn how to… and subsequently make successfully…. An animal made out of balloons. Advertising yourself out to childrens’ parties afterwards is optional. Make a balloon animal (evidence required)

YOU HAVE 7 DAYS TO COMPLETE THESE TASKS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you pass a task, simply say so in the thread and I will keep score, totalling everything at the end of the week.

So, if interested, sign up. You can of course be as dedicated to this idea as you want, so there is no harm in giving it a bash, even if you do just 1 task a week. There is no deadline for signing up but it would be nice to get an idea of how many people are participating.

Taskers

Banjo
mcjihge2
PsychicSykes
Dowbocop
Alex Harman
SpaceJebus
thousand yard stare
Deadpool
JK
bigcheez2k3
Zenigame
Zartan
Irene Demova
Hulohot
BaronZemo
Falsey
aaronayl1
NGE
DML
karlprof
Ogdru Jahad
Skarjo
Cuttooth
Ars Moriendi
IronHide
Ryan0rz

Last edited by Mockmaster on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Banjo
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Tasks of the Week: Week 1
by Banjo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 pm

So in it's starting to hurt.

_wheredoigonow_
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Go on then, I'll enter this competition. That's Task 2 done. 8-)

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Im in too.

Are we to provide evidence of "Reach back", and the other similar tasks? Or are we going to trust each other upon our noble word as honest GRcade forumites?

Xbox Live: GCE
Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:04 pm

PsychicSykes wrote:Go on then, I'll enter this competition. That's Task 2 done. 8-)

My reasoning exactly. o/

_wheredoigonow_
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:05 pm

\o

I wonder how many balloon dog's we're going to end up seeing. :lol:

Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm

PsychicSykes wrote:\o

I wonder how many balloon dog's we're going to end up seeing. :lol:

I'm going to come out of left field and make a snake or a chicken inside an egg.

Totally in by the way, doing task 5 as we speak (is talking to them over Facebook allowed?).

Alex Harman
Joined in 2008

by Alex Harman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm in guys.

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Dowbocop wrote:Totally in by the way, doing task 5 as we speak (is talking to them over Facebook allowed?).

I would also like to know this.

_wheredoigonow_
SpaceJebus
Joined in 2008

by SpaceJebus » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Ok, I'm in.

For the 2nd task I just entered the competition on Derren Brown's website to go and see one of the events being performed live.

thousand yard stare
Joined in 2008

by thousand yard stare » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Hmm, I took a few tree pics yesterday. Not sure about my balloon animal skillz though.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:02 pm

In, task one done as I've already watched two iPlayer programmes this week.

JK
Joined in 2008

by JK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Go on then, I'm in.

I'm selling a copy of N64 magazine to Turok, does that count for the Trading Post task?

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Banjo wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Totally in by the way, doing task 5 as we speak (is talking to them over Facebook allowed?).

I would also like to know this.

Yes, as long as you are actually conversing with them and not just adding them.

mcjihge2 wrote:Im in too.

Are we to provide evidence of "Reach back", and the other similar tasks? Or are we going to trust each other upon our noble word as honest GRcade forumites?

There will certainly be a degree of honour/integrity in judging the completion of some of the tasks that don't require evidence. Unless I specify evidence is required in the description, it is not.

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Deadpool wrote:In, task one done as I've already watched two iPlayer programmes this week.

When did you watch these programmes? If it was today or at a stretch, yesterday, I will allow it. Was one of them a documentary?

JK wrote:Go on then, I'm in.

I'm selling a copy of N64 magazine to Turok, does that count for the Trading Post task?

When did this transaction commence?

bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

by bigcheez2k3 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 pm

I've done iPlay, iSaw, iConquered and Reach Back in recent weeks, I can haz some points?

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh, if we're doing that, I spoke to a lad from school I hadn't seen since we left in 2007 afte rthe home leg of the Celtic Arsenal game, if that counts.

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:35 pm

bigcheez2k3 wrote:I've done iPlay, iSaw, iConquered and Reach Back in recent weeks, I can haz some points?

Kind of defeats the object. These are generally tasks that are supposed to be completed in the week that they are set. :)

Last edited by Mockmaster on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Mockmaster wrote:
Deadpool wrote:In, task one done as I've already watched two iPlayer programmes this week.

When did you watch these programmes? If it was today or at a stretch, yesterday, I will allow it. Was one of them a documentary?

JK wrote:Go on then, I'm in.

I watched the Beatles documentary last night, and this morning I caught last week's Mock The Week.

JK
Joined in 2008

by JK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Mockmaster wrote:
JK wrote:I'm selling a copy of N64 magazine to Turok, does that count for the Trading Post task?

As we speak.

Return to “Archive”