John Carpenter's The Thing ITV 4 - 10pm Tonight

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Godzilla
Joined in 2008

PostJohn Carpenter's The Thing ITV 4 - 10pm Tonight
by Godzilla » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:12 pm

One of the best horror films of all time. Amazing effects, beautiful score and perfect casting. A must watch for anyone who hasn't see it before and even if you have it on Blu-Ray then still tune it for its awesomeness.

Wish my image sig would work
Chickenwings147
Joined in 2008

PostRe: John Carpenter's The Thing ITV 4 - 10pm Tonight
by Chickenwings147 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Godzilla wrote:One of the best horror films of all time. Amazing effects, beautiful score and perfect casting. A must watch for anyone who hasn't see it before and even if you have it on Blu-Ray then still tune it for its awesomeness.

the bit where they are all tied up on the chairs is very funny :lol:

Fargo
Joined in 2008

by Fargo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:23 pm

I went to school with two of Charles Hallahan's sons, he's the guy who played Vance Norris in the film. Anyway I'll probably watch this tonight thanks for the heads up :)

Steve
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm

What was the name of that horror film where a group of young people were stuck on a raft where this monster/thing was in the water? At the end, two of them make a swim for it and it comes out the water and gets them.

Vague description, but what was it?

Godzilla
Joined in 2008

by Godzilla » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:30 pm

Could it be one of the episodes from The Creep Show Movie, where a group of 4 teenagers spend time on a raft while some evil sludge gathers around them. Only other film I know with a famous raft scene is The Burning, with Cropsy slashing teens to bits with hedge cutters.

Wish my image sig would work
Steve
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Godzilla wrote:Could it be one of the episodes from The Creep Show Movie, where a group of 4 teenagers spend time on a raft while some evil sludge gathers around them. Only other film I know with a famous raft scene is The Burning, with Cropsy slashing teens to bits with hedge cutters.

Yep: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creepshow_2

Gandalf
Joined in 2008

by Gandalf » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:58 pm

Godzilla wrote:Could it be one of the episodes from The Creep Show Movie, where a group of 4 teenagers spend time on a raft while some evil sludge gathers around them. Only other film I know with a famous raft scene is The Burning, with Cropsy slashing teens to bits with hedge cutters.

Ah, The Burning. Classic 80's slasher movie!

Don't look, he''ll see you.
Don't breathe, he'll hear you.
Don't move, YOU'RE DEAD!

Return to “Stuff”