Official Tattoo Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
vesp
Joined in 2008

PostOfficial Tattoo Thread
by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 am

Post pics of your current tattoos, wants and processes :)

I have 3 stars on my ribs currently and plan on adding more on Friday before I start my sleeve.

Last edited by vesp on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Official Tattoo Thread
by Knoyleo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 am

Stars? Sleeve?

:fp:

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:57 am

Your point?

Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:00 am

For something that's going to be left on your skin for the rest of your life, couldn't you pick something a bit less generic and trendy?

vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 am

The sleeve, yes. I want it original and colourful. No koi or tribal for example.

The stars were free.

Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:03 am

Vesperian wrote:The stars were free.

They're still permanent.

vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:05 am

Knoyleo wrote:

They're still permanent.

What does it matter if I like them? He needed someone to practise on and I was there and willing.

Do you have any?

Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:09 am

Vesperian wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:

They're still permanent.

What does it matter if I like them? He needed someone to practise on and I was there and willing.

Do you have any?

Surely you want to like what's being printed onto your body?

No, I've not got any, although I'm not against them completely. I've contemplated about getting one or two before, but just decided I wasn't totally comfortable having them there forever. My girlfriend has some verse that's particularly important to her, tattooed on her, in Sanskrit. I can't quite bring myself to tell her that I can't stand when people get tattoos in foreign lettering either.

Dangerblade
Joined in 2008

by Dangerblade » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:09 am

Vesperian wrote:What does it matter if I like them?

You don't think it matters if you like a tattoo that will be on your skin forever? :fp:

vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:13 am

Dangerblade wrote:

You don't think it matters if you like a tattoo that will be on your skin forever? :fp:

I ment, what does it matter what the tattoo is, if I like it?

Knoyleo wrote:
Vesperian wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:

They're still permanent.

Do you have any?

Surely you want to like what's being printed onto your body?

No, I've not got any, although I'm not against them completely. I've contemplated about getting one or two before, but just decided I wasn't totally comfortable having them there forever. My girlfriend has some verse that's particularly important to her, tattooed on her, in Sanskrit. I can't quite bring myself to tell her that I can't stand when people get tattoos in foreign lettering either.

Well when you do, let me know and I mock or question it. I say go for it though. The feeling is addictive and you crave more. Get something that means something to you if you can't decide on anything.

Dangerblade
Joined in 2008

by Dangerblade » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:16 am

Vesperian wrote:
Dangerblade wrote:

I ment, what does it matter what the tattoo is, if I like it?

Ah, right. Carry on.

bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

by bigcheez2k3 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:16 am

I knew that would happen in this thread, it happens everytime someone talks about tattoos.

I personally don't mind them and it doesn't bother me what other people have done as it is their choice.

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 am

bigcheez2k3 wrote:I knew that would happen in this thread, it happens everytime someone talks about tattoos.

I personally don't mind them and it doesn't bother me what other people have done as it is their choice.

Thank you!

I can understand where Knoyleo was coming from though, with the stars. I'll post a pic on here when they are done.

Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:22 am

Vesperian wrote:Well when you do, let me know and I mock or question it. I say go for it though. The feeling is addictive and you crave more. Get something that means something to you if you can't decide on anything.

Addictiveness is rarely touted as a positive aspect of any product for a reason. Of course, if I was going to get a tattoo, I'd get something meaningful, which is the main reason why I never got any of the ones that had tickled my fancy before, because they were just that, passing fancies.

If you do like the stars, then that's fine, but I, personally, wouldn't like the idea of having the same tattoo as every emo child out there. I see them everywhere and they start to look a bit like a parody.

vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 am

Knoyleo wrote:
Vesperian wrote:Well when you do, let me know and I mock or question it. I say go for it though. The feeling is addictive and you crave more. Get something that means something to you if you can't decide on anything.

Addictiveness is rarely touted as a positive aspect of any product for a reason. Of course, if I was going to get a tattoo, I'd get something meaningful, which is the main reason why I never got any of the ones that had tickled my fancy before, because they were just that, passing fancies.

If you do like the stars, then that's fine, but I, personally, wouldn't like the idea of having the same tattoo as every emo child out there. I see them everywhere and they start to look a bit like a parody.

AS I said, they were free and a favour. I got them where you can't see unless I take my top off. Which is rare due to my deformed chest lol.

The addictiveness of them is a good thing. They can look good is done right, remind you of good times & good people. Ask anyone who has gotten one and I guarentee they say they thought straight away about getting another.

Red
Joined in 2008

by Red » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:41 am

I want S P Q R tattoed on my shoulder, as in Roman legionary standards. Because I love the Romans. Alot.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:54 am

Red wrote:I want S P Q R tattoed on my shoulder, as in Roman legionary standards. Because I love the Romans. Alot.

Like Russell Crowes Roman tattoo in Gladiator?

Zellery
Joined in 2008

by Zellery » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:57 am

What sort of sleeve are you going for?

I think some sleeves look great but I'm certain if I ever got one it would probably just look gooseberry fool.

Red
Joined in 2008

by Red » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:00 am

Vesperian wrote:
Red wrote:I want S P Q R tattoed on my shoulder, as in Roman legionary standards. Because I love the Romans. Alot.

Like Russell Crowes Roman tattoo in Gladiator?

Yeah pretty much like that. But because my passion and degree is ancient history, rather than because Russell Crowe looked kind of good with one.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:00 am

Zellery wrote:What sort of sleeve are you going for?

I think some sleeves look great but I'm certain if I ever got one it would probably just look ****.

No sure yet, I like the style of Beckhams if you have seen his? the angel etc. But I also like plenty of colour. Then again I have 2 arms...

They draw/press the ink on to the arm 1st so you can decide what you like or need changing so for it to out gooseberry fool is highly uncommon. Unless the tattooist is gooseberry fool lol.

Return to “Stuff”