Last TV series you watched and your rating

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Ecno
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating
by Ecno » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 pm

Renegade Nell 7/10 The sort of programme that belongs in the BBC 1 6.30 slot (though it's a bit higher budget), reasonably competent, doesn't outstay its welcome though a bit too heavy handed on the 'aren't all rich people bad' sometimes.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 pm

Just finished Fallout.

Just fantastic. This is how video game adaptations need to be.
The story followes the lore of the games while being new for people who haven't played them and doesn't try to hard to cater to those game fans.
Even if I knew nothing about the games I'd have massively enjoyed this.

Great stuff and a 10/10 from me :toot: :toot: :toot: .

I can't wait for series 2 and I hope it stays for maybe 4 or 5 series with a middle and satisfying ending.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Fri May 03, 2024 1:29 pm

Good news everyone,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cevezxdjjgjo

James Corden has ended speculation about new Gavin and Stacey material by announcing a final episode of the show will air on Christmas Day.

Xbox Live: GCE
jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Sat May 04, 2024 10:59 pm

Feud Season 2 - Capote vs The Swans (2024 | Disney+)

This drama about an American writer chap (Truman Capote) who was also gay and had women friends in high society is based upon actual events. I'm unsure... some good acting, an intriguing theme but stretched (eight episodes) and sometimes a little dull. Quite a sad tale for all of the characters involved, too. [4]

Ploiper
Joined in 2018

by Ploiper » Mon May 06, 2024 6:42 pm

Fallout - 8/10 - pretty decent series, enjoyable, would watch again.

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Tue May 07, 2024 1:55 pm

The Dead Boy Detectives (netflix) - 8/10

An enjoyable distraction which reminded me a little bit of Lockwood & Co, definitely worth a look if you fancy something with a fun paranormal twist.

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Thu May 09, 2024 8:29 am

Fallout

Not great. The setting of the game is fantastic but I don't think the TV series ever really nails it. It's all very polished and artificial. The show does that Marvel thing of making throwaway jokes in dramatic scenes, but it's never funny enough to be a comedy, and just detracts from the experience.

It's clearly aimed at a certain (I guess they would say 'video game playing') audience. The violence is unnecessarily over the top and often cruel. The sex references are embarrassing. I think if I was a 13 year old boy I'd think it was the best show in the world. But I'm not, and it isn't.

5/10

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Thu May 09, 2024 1:51 pm

Foundation S1 7/10 This is annoyingly slow paced. I like the world building but the non Empire/Cleon bits are quite dull. I'll watch the second series and hopefully it pulls together.

The last episodes involving Brother Dawn were very good, I was hoping it'd go in the direction of him escaping but the development since then has been great.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu May 09, 2024 1:58 pm

Colin From Accounts

This is almost a perfect romantic comedy, but it gets sort of ruined by the awful penultimate episode. The last three episodes weren't even needed, although I will let them off for the first one of those, as the mum's creepy boyfriend is hilarious.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Colin From Accounts

This is almost a perfect romantic comedy, but it gets sort of ruined by the awful penultimate episode. The last three episodes weren't even needed, although I will let them off for the first one of those, as the mum's creepy boyfriend is hilarious.

dmin
Joined in 2010

by dmin » Thu May 09, 2024 10:48 pm

more heat than light wrote:Fallout

Not great. The setting of the game is fantastic but I don't think the TV series ever really nails it. It's all very polished and artificial. The show does that Marvel thing of making throwaway jokes in dramatic scenes, but it's never funny enough to be a comedy, and just detracts from the experience.

It's clearly aimed at a certain (I guess they would say 'video game playing') audience. The violence is unnecessarily over the top and often cruel. The sex references are embarrassing. I think if I was a 13 year old boy I'd think it was the best show in the world. But I'm not, and it isn't.

5/10

I got as far as episode 3 before I decided to bail, as you say it's aimed at a certain audience and I certainly wasn't its target!

Imrahil
Joined in 2013

by Imrahil » Fri May 10, 2024 8:19 am

I think if it was made purely for 13 year old gamers it wouldn't have proved to be anywhere near as popular with adults who aren't gamers - which it clearly has been. General critic response has been very high and have praised it for this.

I don't think the show was perfect, but I didn't personally get any sense of it only having appeal to the 'gamer type'.

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Fri May 10, 2024 11:05 am

Just an opinion dude, it wasn't meant as a slight on people that did enjoy it. That's just how the show made me feel personally. :)

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge

Return to “Stuff”