10%

Total votes: 79
Dragonite
Joined in 2009
AKA: w00fyst3r1

PostRe: Get Sarge back for the sake of the forum
by Dragonite » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:53 am

Damn straight bring him back.

He makes a good point, this forum is getting pretty gooseberry fool and going down hill rapidly.

And he was also right about MCN being a ...., for those reasons I want him back!!

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 am

Surely this thread has served its purpose now? We've shown how much we love Sarge. Several people have vented their spleen. What more can it achieve. It will just end up becoming a parody and unless that really annoys chalky i fail to see any point in maintaining it.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 am

Denster wrote:I agree with you SOK. I often do. As a reward can you Pm the pics you had to remove. Then if you ever decide to leave i will construct a thread of pantagruelian proportions beseeching you to return!

:lol:

It was just one pic. One. Amazing. Pic.

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:55 am

He'll be back quicker than PlaySona's bombing.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:59 am

That has not appeared in my inbox!

Sort it!

abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

by abcd » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:00 pm

degoose wrote:WTF Sarge got banned, what a load of balls. He contributes to this forum massively and is a good laugh. DAMN YOUS ALL

Sarge never got banned.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Theres a new name on my love list! :wub:

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:15 pm

abcd wrote:
degoose wrote:WTF Sarge got banned, what a load of balls. He contributes to this forum massively and is a good laugh. DAMN YOUS ALL

Sarge never got banned.

Not even on March 15?

**stirs**

Commander Jameson
Joined in 2008

by Commander Jameson » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Hexx wrote:
abcd wrote:

Sarge never got banned.

Not even on March 15?

**stirs**

The lack of response from the regime suggests not.

abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

by abcd » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Hexx wrote:
abcd wrote:

Sarge never got banned.

Not even on March 15?

**stirs**

Except that day.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:22 pm

'Regime'? The way the used that then makes me want a blue hat. And a brownshirt to go with it!

degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 pm

abcd wrote:
Hexx wrote:
abcd wrote:

Sarge never got banned.

Not even on March 15?

**stirs**

Except that day.

so he was then

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
Commander Jameson
Joined in 2008

by Commander Jameson » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Denster wrote:'Regime'? The way the used that then makes me want a blue hat. And a brownshirt to go with it!

The sig is all yours, if you want it... ;)

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm

My great, grandad would be so proud! Used to love his war stories!

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm

I have recieved word from Sarge, he will be back soon, as expected from the thread, he is taken a period of time away from this forum, rather than just leaving altogether.

/Thread.

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
JK
Joined in 2008

by JK » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:51 pm

JiggerJay wrote:I have recieved word from Sarge, he will be back soon, as expected from the thread, he is taken a period of time away from this forum, rather than just leaving altogether.

/Thread.

Now we can direct our attentions to a much more pressing concern...

Get LukeM back for the sake of t... oh, who am I kidding. Lock this bitch up.

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:53 pm

JiggerJay wrote:I have recieved word from Sarge, he will be back soon, as expected from the thread, he is taken a period of time away from this forum, rather than just leaving altogether.

/Thread.

Why did you do that? Loads know that/got a PM.

But couldn't we let this farce continue?

Commander Jameson
Joined in 2008

by Commander Jameson » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Bring on the strawberry floating trumpets.

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Hexx wrote:

/Thread.

Why did you do that? Loads know that/got a PM.

But couldn't we let this farce continue?

Closure Hexx, Closure!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:56 pm

I haven't seen as many wannabe martyrs since that meeting on 6 July 2005. The one chaired by one of Fanboy's many mums.

I'm seriously starting to despair at the attitude of some of you guys. You're so far off the page that you're in danger of permanently defacing the desk. This thread is full of mean-spirited snidey shite. It's like you're locked into a pathetic, childish feedback loop that you're unable to break out of. For God's sake, stop it.

The mods aren't against you at all, they're primarily here to post in the threads you all contribute to. Secondary to that, and only when absolutely necessary, is the role to keep the forum running smoothly by applying forum rules or cleaning up topics or handling PM requests to help with stuff. The mods don't intentionally discriminate or intentionally apply the forum rules inconsistently, and what you're saying about them (and therefore me) demonstrates a massive lack of understanding about what goes on behind the scenes. You paint a picture of a devious team of megalomaniacs smiting "normals" from some self-appointed Mount Olympus. What absolute bollocks. It's totally in your heads. This supposed "segregation" is self-inflicted. It doesn't come from us, it comes from YOU, from your attitudes over the past couple of days. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy - you're the ones differentiating yourselves from us. We don't do the same. That you can't even see yourself doing it is just further evidence of this mental feedback loop some of you have set yourselves on.

FACT: There's a lot less modding here than there ever was on Gamesradar. The slight increase over the past few weeks non-coincidentally tracks with a decline in the general standard of people's posting, and a big leap in "pushing the envelope" (read: childish crap) and rule-breaking.

FACT: If you're seeing increased levels of modding, the responsibility for that lies entirely with the content some of you are posting.

Take some personal responsibility for your own posting habits, rather than blaming the mods for acting when you overstep the mark.

This thread is a strawberry floating embarrassment, frankly. In the last couple of days, some people's attitudes have also been a strawberry floating embarrassment. I do hope that some forumites' true colours haven't shown up here, because if so there are several who have revealed themselves to be deeply unpleasant, intentional troublemakers. I hope that this is just a temporary blip before things return to normal. If not... well, I don't even want to think about that. It would imply that what has been built here is based on sand rather than solid foundations, and I don't want to start believing that.

I would lock this (it damn well should be locked, as you all well know) but that would no doubt lead to more "OMFG THE NAZIS!" jibes. See how you've positioned things so that no matter what the mods do, you're going to have a go at them anyway? Just like with Sarge's not-there-anymore image, and how if it was anyone else "posting it", you'd scream blue bloody murder if they were banned without evidence.

This is completely strawberry floating ridiculous. Grow up.

Return to “Archive”