Xbox Achievements Discussion

Anything to do with games at all.
bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox 360 Achievements Discussion
by bigcheez2k3 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:24 pm

^You're on the first page ATM.

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
Fruits Punch Samurai
Joined in 2008

by Fruits Punch Samurai » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:41 pm

My best games are Condemned, Prey and American Wasteland.

My best achivements are 30 years of franchise from Madden 06, Icon Trickster from Skate and Ruler of Stillwater from Saints Row.

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:23 am

bigcheez2k3 wrote:^You're on the first page ATM.

:mrgreen:

Flying through NBA 2k7 at the mo, it's really straightforward. The only thing I was having trouble with was getting x amount of Blocks, but playing against my new team of 4'6" Midgets has solved that. :lol:

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
TigaSefi
Joined in 2008

by TigaSefi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 am

more heat than light wrote:
bigcheez2k3 wrote:^You're on the first page ATM.

:mrgreen:

Flying through NBA 2k7 at the mo, it's really straightforward. The only thing I was having trouble with was getting x amount of Blocks, but playing against my new team of 4'6" Midgets has solved that. :lol:

Game still haven't sent it out but it's only tuesday, i am sure I'll get it by friday hopefully.
Finished off Top Spin 3 SP achievements now.

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 am

Too Human's pretty good with the old Achievments.

About 650 from one play through (10 hours)

I think some of them might be the stuff of nightmares though (complete Hell without dying :shock: )

samoza
Joined in 2008

by samoza » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:22 am

I've been ripping through a few of my old FPS before the new games come out and I noticed again how irratating online only acheivements are.

Soidiers of Fortune - no ones plays online (as its crap) I can not get around 500Gs.
Blacksite - same, but these acheivements would be so easy.

I think that online acheievments should be kept to an absolute minimum unless the game is a definate seller e.g. Gears 2.

I am a writer at Co-optimus - a site dedicated to co-op gaming
http://www.co-optimus.com/
more heat than light
Joined in 2008

by more heat than light » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am

samoza wrote:I've been ripping through a few of my old FPS before the new games come out and I noticed again how irratating online only acheivements are.

Soidiers of Fortune - no ones plays online (as its crap) I can not get around 500Gs.

I think that online acheievments should be kept to an absolute minimum unless the game is a definate seller e.g. Gears 2.

This has also been annoying me lately. Especially the ones where you need to have 8 players in a lobby to start the game. I'm thinking of starting up a website/forum in a vain effort to solve this problem. Basically, you register, log all the games you're missing online achievements for, and then the site locates people who are after similar achievements to you so you can boost together. I was going to call it Boosting Buddies, or something catchy like that. I think it would be a success. Any thoughts?

samoza
Joined in 2008

by samoza » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:50 am

samoza wrote:I've been ripping through a few of my old FPS before the new games come out and I noticed again how irratating online only acheivements are.

This has also been annoying me lately. Especially the ones where you need to have 8 players in a lobby to start the game. I'm thinking of starting up a website/forum in a vain effort to solve this problem. Basically, you register, log all the games you're missing online achievements for, and then the site locates people who are after similar achievements to you so you can boost together. I was going to call it Boosting Buddies, or something catchy like that. I think it would be a success. Any thoughts?

It could only work if it had some programming that emailed people when enough boosters had joined. A passive arrangement will probably not work.

Soilders is so bad as it creates a game for you no matter what and you end up on your own in a lobby waiting for 3 players that will never exist!

Timeshift! Timeshift! Man that game. The lobby is an interactive room were you shoot one another, but the real game does not launch until you have 8 players. A number you will never reach.

I am a writer at Co-optimus - a site dedicated to co-op gaming
http://www.co-optimus.com/
TigaSefi
Joined in 2008

by TigaSefi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:53 am

Online achievements sucks balls hard! I hate them!! but if you can get a system where people on xbox live are notified that there are enough people then go for it!

i need it for

NHL2k7 - 8 players needed to win a tournament
Top Spin 3 - Need 2/3 buddies to boost each other to the final of all 4 grand slams - very hard
Smash Court Tennis 3

Cheers

more heat than light
Joined in 2008

by more heat than light » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:39 pm

samoza wrote:It could only work if it had some programming that emailed people when enough boosters had joined. A passive arrangement will probably not work.

Well, my plan was to have a regular system where you could find people to boost with for two player achievements, but also community days, where groups of boosters could work together on certain days to get achievements for a team of people. For instance, you could say September 2nd was Timeshift day, and all users of the site who owned the game would be notified. Even if it only attracted a small number of people, you could probably get enough to get some games going.

Anyway, it's still on the drawing board at the moment. I have little programming skills as it is.

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:16 pm

It definitely sounds like a good idea. Perhaps you could ask one or two achievement sites to help you out, or at least link to each other. That would mean their forums would have less posts asking for help with boosting and have more discussion on the actual achievements.

Supachipz
Joined in 2008

by Supachipz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey Guys, nice work on moving the boards over here!

Hi Guys, I posted this in the main forum:

Right, down to business!

Has anyone got this achievement? I'm starting to wonder if it's impossible to achieve. I've won the first set of car races and am now trying to get through the boats but i'm having serious trouble. Im more than able to win the racs required but every time I seem to any sort of lead in the races the people behind me quit, and thats when I actually get to race the circuit I want to race on, most of the time when I end up as host people kick me because they don't want to play the mode i've selected for the achievement. So I have a few questions:

1. Does a win count if every one else quits early (it says you are 1st when your the only player left but does it count in relation to the achievement.

2. Has anyone who's got it got any tips on what to do?

3. Am I wasting my time?

Thanks in advance!

TigaSefi
Joined in 2008

by TigaSefi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm

What game are you on about ?

Supachipz
Joined in 2008

by Supachipz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 pm

TigaSefi wrote:What game are you on about ?

Whoops, Sorry GTA IV

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:28 pm

samoza wrote:It could only work if it had some programming that emailed people when enough boosters had joined. A passive arrangement will probably not work.

Well, my plan was to have a regular system where you could find people to boost with for two player achievements, but also community days, where groups of boosters could work together on certain days to get achievements for a team of people. For instance, you could say September 2nd was Timeshift day, and all users of the site who owned the game would be notified. Even if it only attracted a small number of people, you could probably get enough to get some games going.

Anyway, it's still on the drawing board at the moment. I have little programming skills as it is.

If a few of us work together to make up the site, I think we could turn it into a sucess(yes, I'm latching onto what I think is a good idea). As Pred says, if you try and link with some of the achievement sites like A360P then there's absolutely no reason why there would be any problems. But the whole "September 2nd = Timeshift day" bit might not work. Some thought would need to go into that, I think.

Bigerich
Joined in 2008

by Bigerich » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:35 pm

Bigerich 18,835 (13,725)
Ratio 1.37

My hardest achievement is
Neighborhood Watch 122 (35) 3.49 from The Orange Box.

Jimmy Shedders
Joined in 2008

by Jimmy Shedders » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:56 pm

21,773 (15,995)

I'm proud of that

more heat than light
Joined in 2008

by more heat than light » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:42 am

Corazon wrote:If a few of us work together to make up the site, I think we could turn it into a sucess(yes, I'm latching onto what I think is a good idea). As Pred says, if you try and link with some of the achievement sites like A360P then there's absolutely no reason why there would be any problems. But the whole "September 2nd = Timeshift day" bit might not work. Some thought would need to go into that, I think.

Sounds good. I like the idea of combining with another site to offload their traffic, I hat going on the x360a forums looking for tips on an achievement only to find endless posts going "WILL SOMEONE HELP ME GET TEH ONLINE ACHIEVES PLZZZZZZ!!!!". it's quite frustrating, and I'm sure they get annoyed with it too.

I see what you mean about the specific day attempts, but I can't really see a workaround for it. I was thinking of maybe having a main page with a kind of calender on it, you can click on each day to see what 'difficult' achievement we are attempting on each day. Also, you could have a scroll bar underneath so if you were specifically looking to do something (say, TigaSefi's NHL 2k7 one), you could select NHL 2k7 from the bar, and it would tell you what date we were going for those achievements. Then you'd be able to prepare.

If you had plenty of traffic to the site it should work, I mean there must be plenty of people out there with that particular game who don't have that achievement. If they were made aware of a date it would be possible on, they'd come, right? How many people have got a copy of Table Tennis at home but haven't done the tournament achievement yet? *raises hand*

After that main page, you could also have a forum behind it so people could arrange standard boosting (ie ones where you only need two people). I'm not saying this is a perfect solution, like I say, it's still knocking around in my head. :)

TigaSefi
Joined in 2008

by TigaSefi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 am

I still got 4 rockstar table tennis achievement. 2 are beyond me and the other is 10 hours online so i can do that ?

GW2 is strawberry floating awesome!! the achievements are lots of fun too!!

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:25 pm

I think that a forum/messageboard style idea would be best for everything, to be honest. Arranging boosting between several people is often difficult and assigning days for different achievements will only alienate people, I think. I don't get to play my 360 every day, so if I found out people were boosting, say, Quake 4 online achievements on a day I was working, I'd be pissed.

Return to “Games”