Adam231 - Cobra231 - G = Hard - D = Medium - M = Hard/Expert

I can also do bass on expert

Adam231
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rock Band online
by Adam231 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:48 pm

My Human Gets Me Blues wrote:
Adam231 wrote:I can also do bass on expert

I'm lumping together guitar and bass since physically speaking you're playing the exact same instrument. I'd imagine that an Expert guitarist would be similarly skilled at bass.

Well i suck at expert guitar however i can play pretty awesome on expert bass.

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:39 pm

I like it that you've added our band. I was going to say I don't like the name, but I know you'd probably ask me for an alternative, which I can't think of. Peinx it is for now, it seems. :P

Parkreiner
Shmarkmimer
Joined in 2008

by Parkreiner » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:12 am

Parkreiner | Smashing Blouse | G Expert| B Expert | D Expert| M Hard

I really would like to get involved in some explicit online band action. I've hardly explored the online side of the game at all having only organised a few games with Aneurin, and he's deaf so it only really half counts. Come on. S'ma turn.

Stare directly at the sun. Good for you. Vitamin D.
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:08 am

Parkreiner wrote:Parkreiner | Smashing Blouse | G Expert| B Expert | D Expert| M Hard

I really would like to get involved in some explicit online band action. I've hardly explored the online side of the game at all having only organised a few games with Aneurin, and he's deaf so it only really half counts. Come on. S'ma turn.

I'll do a side project with you. We'll call is "Corazon, and that other guy"

I should thank you, for getting me into these kind of games in the first place, but I'm not going to. So there.

Joer
Joined in 2008

by Joer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:12 am

Joer | joer131 | G Expert | B Expert | D Expert | M N/A

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 am

My Human Gets Me Blues wrote:RoughPred, you up for a GG&HT face-off tonight? Then other songs too. I feel I must reclaim my GG&HT dignity, and sap yours.

For some reason I managed to miss your post so how about tonight?

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:57 am

Sure. I'll be there.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm currently available.

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:59 pm

blackoutHERO | Shikari44 | G Expert | B Expert | D Hard | M n/a

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:37 pm

My Human Gets Me Blues wrote:Those games should demonstrate why we're in the same band. Good games. Especially the hard songs. Not including GG&HT, on which I strawberry floated up all three snakes in the solo.

Only thing I think we need to work on is using our Overdrives at the same time... what with Pred using up his as soon as he has a full bar, and Alpha's having no choice when reaching the end of a drum fill. No sense in discussing it though, it has to be instinctive.

Sorry for making you play guitar on Flirtin' With Disaster, RoughPred, but I wasn't sure if you'd played the bass before. Then you got to the solo and I realised I'd picked the easier note chart anyway. :mrgreen:

I thought you said you were good enough at those parts now! ;)

My overdrive usage isn't very good and it's something I'll need to work on. But I did save some during the later parts of GG&HT and used it I noticed you were starting to slip up quite a bit, although I should have had enough for when did fail, but thankfully we were close enough to the end.

I wasn't bothered about playing guitar on FWD as my arm was knackered after Run to the Hills. It's the only song I don't enjoy playing on bass since it's almost constant triplets.

Anyway, I really enjoyed playing tonight and it was great that we managed to gold star so many songs. Do you think we could eventually manage to gold star GG&HT?

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 am

Well I had a perfect score with perfect overdrive, so why not? I'm not sure when the best use of overdrives is with 3 or more, but we've found that with two players it's best to concentrate on the singer's notes. If we were to get a x8 multiplier up, and add it to my x4 on vocals, I'd be getting 4x8 = 32000 points per phrase. Which would be insane on songs with faster phrases.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 pm

My Human Gets Me Blues wrote:
Corazon wrote:Well I had a perfect score with perfect overdrive, so why not?

If I understand it right, in band play you don't have a personal multiplier - your overdrive contributes to the band's overall multiplier.

Logically, then, it's smartest to try to time our our overdrives to coincide and get the highest multiplier we can at points where we all can gain significant amounts of points individually. With two players that's 4x, three players 6x, full band 8x.

That probably comes across as more than a little patronising, but I think we could have managed a few more gold stars with a little consideration each of the rest of the band's overdrive levels... me as well, generally saving my own overdrive for solos I knew I wouldn't 100%, when they'd have been better used in choruses.

I was under the impression that the band multiplier added on to your own personal multiplier. For instance, I'm hitting notes at my times four, then with the extra x2 on the band score, my 4000 points per phrase is becoming 8000 points per phrase. So the max amount of points I can earn per phrase, would be 32000. In quick phrase sections, that would increase the score by fuckloads.

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:07 pm

:fp:

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:24 pm

You've got your recognition. Are you happy now? :cry:

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:42 pm

:|

:fp:

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:26 pm

It's been a while since I've had some games online. Does anyone want to play a few songs at some point?

*expects nothing but tumbleweeds*

Return to “Games”