FIFA 09 - 9/10 OXM, 9/10 OPM

Anything to do with games at all.
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: FIFA 09 (OPM 9/10) - Demo out NOW (Game out 3rd October)
by abcd » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Super duper.

Now, back to Fifa...

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:10 pm

consolegaming wrote:I agree, the people who think Fifa is even near last years crap pes 2008 are seriously deluded. Fifa feels so wrong on many counts and is just so unresponsive and is no fun to play. You can have your glitzy presentation but pes will always be king, this year I do feel konami have sorted it out and next year we will all get the graphics and the gameplay.

Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:18 pm

I spent about an hour trying to master those tricks and stuff earlier on this afternoon. I just know I'll never get a chance to use them in a match though.

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 pm

I tried the demo. Nice as it is it's still not as good as, or anywhere near close, Pro Evo's of yesteryear (sp!).

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:14 am

consolegaming wrote:What I want is the golden generation to be emulated with proper sequels, but the fact is nothing can emulate those times, as they have changed forever.

I read that in the style of a movie trailer voiceover :lol:

spring bear
Joined in 2008

by spring bear » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:23 pm

I have just downloaded this game, and when i played it on the hardest difficulty during my match 2 of my players got yellow cards for no apparent reason. I looked back at the replay of bothe yellow cards and they did nothing just standing there and didnt tackle anyone. Is there a reason for this and have other pepole had the same problem :?:

Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Kanbei » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 pm

spring bear wrote:I have just downloaded this game, and when i played it on the hardest difficulty during my match 2 of my players got yellow cards for no apparent reason. I looked back at the replay of bothe yellow cards and they did nothing just standing there and didnt tackle anyone. Is there a reason for this and have other pepole had the same problem :?:

The refs go back and book players if an advantage is being played. If they slid in and got the player but they opponents still had the ball, the ref will go back and book them later.

Is this it?
Joined in 2008

by Is this it? » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Just downloaded the demo and played it a bit now and I have to say I'm impressed. Its MUCH faster than previous incarnations which was my biggest moaning point, and at least you can bloody score in this demo!

I'm still a Pro fanboy at heart though, and I do hate the presentation of Fifa and I as on rails as Pro is, I do probably like it that way. But still this demo plays well, so kudos to EA for making me think about getting the full game. I'll probably wait until I see reviews of Pro though. I thought the demo was coming out last Thursday as well?

Adam Pollard
Joined in 2008

by Adam Pollard » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:17 pm

My first impressions are worrying. It's been sped up too much from FIFA 08.

It's still a day one purchase though (especially as the pace of the game is slower when you play as the lower league teams), but whilst the animation, physics and everything else seems right again, the speed is an issue for me, it's like the stupid pace of FIFA 2003. If they nail the perfect medium between the pace of this demo and FIFA 08 in the next version though, that right there will be absolutely PERFECT.

Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Adam Pollard wrote:My first impressions are worrying. It's been sped up too much from FIFA 08.

It's still a day one purchase though (especially as the pace of the game is slower when you play as the lower league teams), but whilst the animation, physics and everything else seems right again, the speed is an issue for me, it's like the stupid pace of FIFA 2003. If they nail the perfect medium between the pace of this demo and FIFA 08 in the next version though, that right there will be absolutely PERFECT.

There's a speed setting. You can slow it back down if you want.

Adam Pollard
Joined in 2008

by Adam Pollard » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Sweet, didn't realise that.

Seems incredibly odd actually, developers aren't supposed to allow the demo to be so customisable! :lol:

Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Really like this. Although it's very similar to Euro 2008, which isn't a great surprise really. Might be tempted, although I've plenty left to do on Euro 08 really.

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Would it kill EA to give us a 6 minute each way match in the demo? It's hardly difficult.

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 pm

PsychoPriest wrote:Would it kill EA to give us a 6 minute each way match in the demo? It's hardly difficult.

Exactly. Just give us a longer match and reduce selection to just two teams if you have to.

Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 pm

PsychoPriest wrote:Would it kill EA to give us a 6 minute each way match in the demo? It's hardly difficult.

Why on earth would EA want to restrict the time you have to play, eh? Ponder that for a minute, PP. The answer is not a hard one.

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:07 am

Eighthours wrote:

Why on earth would EA want to restrict the time you have to play, eh? Ponder that for a minute, PP. The answer is not a hard one.

I know. But if it was restricted to fewer teams as Poncho said then the need to play the full game would be the same. Look at the length of demos we got for Crackdown and Bioshock, it really wouldn't kill them to give us a little longer to player their game before we buy it. Even four minutes each way or something!

Drunken_Master
Joined in 2008

by Drunken_Master » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:28 am

PsychoPriest wrote:
I know. But if it was restricted to fewer teams as Poncho said then the need to play the full game would be the same. Look at the length of demos we got for Crackdown and Bioshock, it really wouldn't kill them to give us a little longer to player their game before we buy it. Even four minutes each way or something!

They've give us mulitplayer as well.

What incentive would there be for us to buy it with multiplayer and a significant amount of time in game?

They're not strawberry floating stupid.

Prime Directives : Prosecute those who steal memes from other forums. :fp:
Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:36 am

Drunken_Master wrote:
PsychoPriest wrote:

They've give us mulitplayer as well.

What incentive would there be for us to buy it with multiplayer and a significant amount of time in game?

They're not strawberry floating stupid.

Maybe to play with other teams, for longer or play the actual main part of the game or the 10 Vs 10 online play.

Drunken_Master
Joined in 2008

by Drunken_Master » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:44 am

PsychoPriest wrote:
Maybe to play with other teams, for longer or play the actual main part of the game or the 10 Vs 10 online play.

10 vs 10 play is going to be niche, for many, the bread and butter of footie games is playing against your mate.

As for teams, as long as they're equally balanced, who cares? Especially if you're not paying for the priviledge.

Prime Directives : Prosecute those who steal memes from other forums. :fp:
Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:34 pm

A 4 minute long advert for Fifa 09 to air on Sky Sports 1 during the Chelsea - Man Utd game.

Return to “Games”