Joined in 2008

PostRe: Demon's Souls
by chalkitdown » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:00 pm

:|

Meh.
Joined in 2008

by Meh. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Got home to find my copy has arrived too, only ordered it last thursday, I'm impressed with Movietyme.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:58 am

This game :fp:

consolegaming
Joined in 2008

by consolegaming » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:35 am

gooseberry fool, I really want this game but have not touched Assasins Creed 2 at all, have Mass Effect to complete as well as Super Mario Wii, Zelda MM, Zelda ST, MGS PS1, Okami Wii, Forza 3, Halo 3 and L4D2, which I have not touched for over 4 weeks now!

Any hope of a European release to give me an excuse to wait for it?

RamSteelwood
Joined in 2008

by RamSteelwood » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:15 am

Mary wrote:This game :fp:

is that :fp: out of hate, frustration or confusion?

The Beautiful Game: The Game. Please try it! It's free!
http://thebeautifulgame-thegame.com/
Join the Steam Group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TBGTG
Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:19 am

consolegaming wrote:gooseberry fool, I really want this game but have not touched Assasins Creed 2 at all, have Mass Effect to complete as well as Super Mario Wii, Zelda MM, Zelda ST, MGS PS1, Okami Wii, Forza 3, Halo 3 and L4D2, which I have not touched for over 4 weeks now!

Any hope of a European release to give me an excuse to wait for it?

I believe the last release from SCEE was little or no hope.

Hugo Stiglitz
Joined in 2009
AKA: sarge

by Hugo Stiglitz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:32 am

To the guy with the Amanda Seyfried avatar. :wub: 8-)

Watch the 'red band' trailer for Chloe. :shock: :wub:

Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Octoroc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:40 am

RamSteelwood wrote:
Octoroc wrote:
RamSteelwood wrote:Does that mean i can't get the meat cleaver?

It does indeed.

mother....strawberry floater....i saved them demon souls cos i'd read they could be used for weapons and stuff, and that was the only option available with that soul, so i figured each soul only had one use....twats...

Well Regenerator is a good spell/miracle and there are plenty of other good weapons. I'm not sure but I think if you complete the game I think you keep all your items and spells so you can use the demon souls for alternative purposes.

I have a demon soul dilemma myself: Fire Spray or Lava Bow?

I had an ace game last night: I killed the 3-1 boss, got Soul Arrow (I can kill the red eyed knight in 1-1 with two casts - grinding joy!), then romped through 1-2 and TWATTED the Tower Knight. Well, when I say "twatted" I mean of course "minced along the ramparts sniping at him with spells", it's the Royal way, but he went down nice and easy.

So far this year, I have eaten NO mince pies.
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:26 pm

RamSteelwood wrote:

A helping of all three.

melatonin
Joined in 2008

by melatonin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:54 pm

I think you should record yourself playing it.

For our amusement.

Do it.

Venom wrote:Say what you want but if this Halo TV series is a BIG BUDGET Game of Thrones style series with Spielberg directly producing this could be a Band of Brothers in space.
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 pm

melatonin wrote:I think you should record yourself playing it.

For our amusement.

Do it.

oh the sig .gif opportunities.

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
RamSteelwood
Joined in 2008

by RamSteelwood » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Mary wrote:
RamSteelwood wrote:

A helping of all three.

that's ok then...i think it's how everyone should start this game. pretty soon you'll realise you've put in over 20 hours and you still feel pretty much the same. then you realise you have to admire a game for being such, and maybe even start to love it.

The Beautiful Game: The Game. Please try it! It's free!
http://thebeautifulgame-thegame.com/
Join the Steam Group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TBGTG
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 pm

I don't know how anyone can enjoy this game. There's being difficult and then there's being cruel and sadistic just for the sake of it. Sending you all the way back to the start because you tried to fight an enemy you had no idea you weren't supposed to fight yet? What the strawberry float is that gooseberry fool? And then when I regained my souls from that defeat I went another way and was blown up by some banana split hidden behind boxes that set them alight, torching me alight in the process. Back to the start again. Am I supposed to have an FAQ open beside me at all times so I know what I am and am not supposed to be doing? :|

I have no desire to ever play this again.

Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Looks like Prototype will be getting his hands on this sooner than he thought :lol:

melatonin
Joined in 2008

by melatonin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Venom wrote:Say what you want but if this Halo TV series is a BIG BUDGET Game of Thrones style series with Spielberg directly producing this could be a Band of Brothers in space.
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Mary wrote:I don't know how anyone can enjoy this game. There's being difficult and then there's being cruel and sadistic just for the sake of it. Sending you all the way back to the start because you tried to fight an enemy you had no idea you weren't supposed to fight yet? What the strawberry float is that gooseberry fool? And then when I regained my souls from that defeat I went another way and was blown up by some banana split hidden behind boxes that set them alight, torching me alight in the process. Back to the start again. Am I supposed to have an FAQ open beside me at all times so I know what I am and am not supposed to be doing? :|

That does indeed suck, but once it clicks it's still as hard, but you get how it plays, and you do start to like it, come on guys, i think it's time to do a prototype-in-the-motorstorm-thread on chalky to convince him to stay..... :shifty:

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
plaido
Joined in 2008

by plaido » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Mary wrote:I don't know how anyone can enjoy this game. There's being difficult and then there's being cruel and sadistic just for the sake of it. Sending you all the way back to the start because you tried to fight an enemy you had no idea you weren't supposed to fight yet? What the **** is that gooseberry fool? And then when I regained my souls from that defeat I went another way and was blown up by some **** hidden behind boxes that set them alight, torching me alight in the process. Back to the start again. Am I supposed to have an FAQ open beside me at all times so I know what I am and am not supposed to be doing? :|

Exactly why I refuse to buy and play this game, particulary at nearly £50. One thing I've noticed on this thread is how few people have actually completed this game. If its so ******* great why haven't more people finished it?

melatonin
Joined in 2008

by melatonin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Because they throw pissy fits and say things like "I'm never going back to this game again" instead of perservering a little.

And then game actually gets much easier the further you progress. So no excuses, really.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Been playing it for almost 2 hours now and I still can't beat the first boss. Used up all my health and firebombs on the first battle and now I have no souls to buy any more. I'm done with this game. I haven't enjoyed a single second of my time with it, and if I'm not enjoying a game then what is the point. It's not worth the frustration.

You want it, Prototype? I can send it tomorrow morning. I'll be glad to get rid of it.

consolegaming
Joined in 2008

by consolegaming » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Mary wrote:Been playing it for almost 2 hours now and I still can't beat the first boss. Used up all my health and firebombs on the first battle and now I have no souls to buy any more. I'm done with this game. I haven't enjoyed a single second of my time with it, and if I'm not enjoying a game then what is the point. It's not worth the frustration.

You want it, Prototype? I can send it tomorrow morning. I'll be glad to get rid of it.

Pretty glad I have not bought it, I just know it will frustrate me.

Return to “Games”