The Xbox 360 Marketplace Thread

Our best bits.
Sarge

PostRe: XBLM - UFC 2009 Undisputed demo out now
by Sarge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:34 pm

F-Heonix wrote:
Sarge wrote:UFC demo is amaze. :wub:

The knock outs are fantastic, mouth guard goes flying, guy just buckles on the spot. :lol: :wub:

I can't wait to play this now :mrgreen:

How you finding the controls, Sarge?

Excellent controls, X & Y for punches, B & A for kicks & the left trigger & bumper to block.

The only thing I'm having difficulty with is the ground controls, it's not very clear on how you get back up/turn the other player over, etc.

Something Fishy

PostRe: XBLM - Japanese conference XBLA news, screens, vids p134+135
by Something Fishy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:37 pm

suzzopher wrote:For you yeah. But I got to play those late last year so the need to spend my own money on them just wasn't there. I don't know what is up with me but I just can't find anything to like the 360 about lately :|

Suzz is the new Deadfish :shock:

Best bet is to keep it though you hate it and go into every 360 game thread and be negative about it and never give any game or demo on the system even half a chance. You'll feel much better then. Then you can sell your console after a while. Worked for the other disciples of the S. :lol:

suzzopher wrote:[
Maybe it's because I work on one every day?

Lot of truth in that. Being a PC dev meant that for years the last thing i wanted to do was come home and play on a PC - hence getting a console where i could sit on the sofa and use the telly.

rinks
Joined in 2008

PostRe: XBLM - Japanese conference XBLA news, screens, vids p134+135
by rinks » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:04 pm

The Alchemist Penguin wrote:
rinks wrote:Pleasant surprise: Lode Runner is up, and is only 800 points, not the reported 1200.

EDIT: And from a first play, it's as good as I'd hoped.

It's now 1200 points. The 800 price point was a mistake. Lucky for people who grabbed it early.

Yay. Go me.

I'd have paid 1200 anyway, but I'm pleased I got a bargain.

Loves us all since 2008
NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Red Faction is awful!

Liking the graphics on UFC, but can't get a good feel for the controls yet. Seems to lack something like the WWE games do.

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Loved the UFC demo. I won first with Chuck Lidell following a feint then an overhand hook, then tried with the Brazilian guy, got hammered in two successive matches by Lidell. Third match, I knocked Chuck out with my first punch. :lol:

Day 1 purchase.

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:50 pm

You know what, I actually love UFC - it's brilliant. Sure the animation is a bit on the mechanical side, sure the controls take some getting used to, sure the ground-and-pound aspect of the game could do with looking more brutal, and sure the commentating has a habit of being a step behind when you do knock someone out. But God damn it's so much fun; like Fight Night but with much more added depth and it's the game's depth that will make this game a success. Especially for those that follow the sport/do martial arts themselves.

Just like you'd expect, Rua is absolutely lethal in the clinch and I'd have more luck successfully taking down an elephant than I would do Chuck Lidell.

Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:02 pm

I really hope the online isn't gooseberry fool on UFC, the demo was mental. It seems to capture the sport really well, and it could be great if it was as good online as off. I was terrified for this after playing the old Dreamcast one back in the day, but it really does look like a good game.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Just played the Lode Runner demo. Seems fun. Not 1200 points fun, however.

instagram: @habiz
Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:07 pm

UFC is amazing.

Game of the year for me so far, and that's just from the demo.

Word of advice, take te time to do the tutorial, this game is very deep and strategic. Also crank up the difficulty level. It really comes into it's own at the higher levels, and it plays off the risk vs reward system very well.

Love it.

LongHairStu
Joined in 2008

by LongHairStu » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:16 pm

UFC is sounding like a pleasant surprise of Skate-like proportions.

[gamercard]LongHairStu[/gamercard]

"Fantastic. You remained resolute and resourceful in an atmosphere of extreme pessimism."

Of course I did, I'm a gamer.
Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm

It's absolutly fantastic.

I've just played 5 games as Lidell on advanced difficulty.

I lost 4 of them, then the 5th went to the 2nd Round. We must have gone to floor about 5 times, and I was just about get tapped out, when I broke, jumped up, and delivered a nice one two that shook him and he fell to the ground. I went in to finish him off but as he lay there he caught me with a kick which in turn then shook me up. But as he was rising to his feet I dived in with a superman punch and knocked him the strawberry float out. :lol:

This will be so much fun against friends. :D

Does anyone know what the single player will be like on the full game? will their be a deep single player career etc..

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:50 pm

As someone who doesn't really watch or follow UFC (I fall on the more theatrical WWE side of that divide), much like Fight Night, you don't have to have a deep interest in the real-life programming to like the game. It doesn't have the graphical finesse of EA's fisticuffs but it definitely has much more depth. The tutorial in the demo came in really handy in understanding the many intricacies of the sport, & the many button combinations.

Very impressive. Amazingly for a Yukes game the commentary from Goldberg & company was up to scratch as well.

Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Glad it's turned out to be good. Waited years for a decent UFC game. There is a career mode in the full game, but details have been scarce. "Fight for entry into the UFC Hall of Fame" is about as detailed as it gets really.

Exxy
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dodems

by Exxy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:22 pm

I love it. I don't know the controls enough to do submissions properly so I just play as Lidell most of the time and mash the punch and kick buttons (plus height variations). Landing an overhand punch or a kick to the head with a perfect counter is so satisfying :D

PCCD
Joined in 2008

by PCCD » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:51 am

strawberry float me UFC's a bit good isn't it? This > SFIV for me. Going to be awesome online since it appears to be so difficult to be cheap along with the stamina meters. Only problems I'm really having is with transitions and submissions, must have to give the arms and body a good beating before you can get a tap out. Also when they've fallen to the canvas when rocked I'm finding it a bit tricky to jump on them and follow up with a pounding.

Best knockout I've had so far was with Shogun, Liddel threw an overhead punch that I stepped away from before stepping inside and hitting him with a high knee for a knockout Muay Thai FTW! Commentators going insane at the bigger hits and the knockout was pretty good to boot.

The Holly and Delusi wrote:PENALTY: Blatant lies. Five minutes in the Sin Bin.
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 am

I'm downloading the UFC demo purely to see what the graphics are like as I was expecting the gameplay to be naff but based on your comments, I might be in for a pleasant surprise. :o

PCCD
Joined in 2008

by PCCD » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:11 am

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm downloading the UFC demo purely to see what the graphics are like as I was expecting the gameplay to be naff but based on your comments, I might be in for a pleasant surprise. :o

The injuries are probably the best looking thing about the game although the fighters themselves look pretty good. Was more than a little disconcerting doing a ground and pound only to see the blood start pouring down the other guys face. At the end of my first fight the ring was covered in blood and I'd only gone two minutes into the second.

The Holly and Delusi wrote:PENALTY: Blatant lies. Five minutes in the Sin Bin.
Dante
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

by Dante » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:01 am

Let me get on this UFC bandwagon; lots of fun

Really enjoying the technical side of ground submissions; despite never being able to get any and having every one countered :P

Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
Ginga
Joined in 2008

by Ginga » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:08 am

I'm really enjoying this. A lot of depth, seemingly.
I love how the blood stays on the mat unlike the Smackdown! games. Also - the menu song is straight out of SvR2009 :lol:

Sarge

by Sarge » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:49 am

Military Madness Trailer

[gametrailers]48241[/gametrailers]

Return to “Archive”