The PlayStation Store Thread

Our best bits.
Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PSN Store Thread - We're back!
by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Mafro wrote:I downloaded the full game unlock for Magic: The Gathering, but where the strawberry float is the actual game that I need to download? I can't find it anywhere :?
You just need to download the trial.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:06 pm

KjGarly wrote:So Burnout is free and has nothing to do with PS+ or the welcome back package right ?

I duuno ¯\(°_o)/¯ Want to know this myself

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Floex wrote:
KjGarly wrote:So Burnout is free and has nothing to do with PS+ or the welcome back package right ?

I duuno ¯\(°_o)/¯ Want to know this myself

I'm pretty certain it is free to plus subscribers, but as everyone will be a plus subscriber this month then that would suggest free to all (once they've activated their trial sub). What isn't obvious is whether they'll still have access to it once the trial expires.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:14 pm

It's free to Plus subscribers since it's in the Plus section.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:26 pm

So after the subs ends you can't play the game?

RetroBait
Joined in 2009

by RetroBait » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 pm

I think it's only free to people who were plus subcribers before PSN went down. Mentions a few things free like that on the blog.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:35 pm

So, has anyone tried Under Siege yet?

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Floex wrote:So after the subs ends you can't play the game?

That depends on how its being offered. Stuff that is on there as a freebie ends with the subscription, stuff that has a 100% discount is free forever (same as stuff with a % discount). You can usually tell by pressing the PS button whilst playing. If its got an expiry date then it ends with your sub, if not its yours forever. Stacking was offered on that basis I think.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks guys

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Sorry for the stupid question but how can I tell if I've been upgraded to PSN+ :oops: .

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Sorry for the stupid question but how can I tell if I've been upgraded to PSN+ :oops: .

There will be a plus symbol near the clock in the top right (where the no. of friends online is).

DeadFish
Joined in 2008

by DeadFish » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm VERY disappointed with Under Siege! No strawberry floating player vs AI skimish maps!!!!!! Only online multiplayer :(

WTF! What is the point of RTS if they don't have strawberry floating player vs AI Skimish maps!?

Yoshimi
Joined in 2008

by Yoshimi » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Sorry, am i being thick? How do i get my free games and 1 month plus membership?

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:41 pm

The Welcome Back stuff isn't available yet.

fathom
Joined in 2008

by fathom » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:10 pm

I've just used up all of the remaining space on my PS3 (16gig) downloading new content and there are still a couple of things I need to download :fp: and apparently there may be another update tomorrow

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:25 pm

So welcome back with no welcome back pack...well done Sony.

Also found out that if you subscribe to PS+ now, you won't get your free 30 days and obviously won't get the free extension previous subscribers are getting. Theres currently a 15 Months for the price of 12 deal that is going to expire in the middle of June. If you are thinking of getting it, don't bother till the final day of the offer.

Theres stuff on the store, seemingly on sale, thats going to be a free option in a few days when they get the Welcome Back pack up too, no mention of this on the store of course.

Oh and Burnout Paradise is only free while you are a PS+ Member, so if you just go with your free 30 days, after that expires you won't have access to the game (same with all the free games that are on PS+), addons, themes and other stuff you keep and of course any discount you take advantage of is yours forever.

Neo Cortex
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jamiej

by Neo Cortex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm

I used most of the hour or two I was online this morning re downloading most of the content I had on my old PS3. Looking forward to the welcome back package proper when it actually turns up :lol:

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:23 pm

HSH28 wrote:So welcome back with no welcome back pack...well done Sony.

Given the volume of traffic on the store today, isn't it sensible that they weren't giving people the chance to download the free games?

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:

Given the volume of traffic on the store today, isn't it sensible that they weren't giving people the chance to download the free games?

Because when stuff goes free its not going to cause a lot of traffic?

Its called the 'Welcome Back' scheme, it really should have been there as soon as it came back. Like I said, the bad thing about it is that I couldn't see anywhere on the store that even mentioned it. It should at least be front and centre, this is coming soon, this is exactly what you'll be getting and when.

Anyway.

Not sure who it was that had it, but apparently BttF Ep 3 and 4 are slated for the 15th of June.

gamerforever
Joined in 2010

by gamerforever » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:

I applaud Sony for doing things properly.

Return to “Archive”