Motorstorm™ Pacific Rift Goodnight sweet prince.

Anything to do with games at all.
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

PostMotorstorm™ Pacific Rift Goodnight sweet prince.
by chalkitdown » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:25 am

Original Motorstorm Monday™ topic

SEASON SEVEN (5 Weeks)
SEASON SEVEN TEAMS

Team A
Meh
Roonmastor
Herbi
Tragic Magic
White Rabbit
Hulohot
Seven

Team B
Ropes
DarrenK
Trelliz
Cooldawn
Fargo
Shadow
Emilythestrange
P-Dogg

Team C
SuperFinal
Nood
Buffalo
Jiggles
Mafro
Dblock
NBK

Team D
Fuzzy Dunlop
chalkitdown
Satriales
Rog
Suzzopher
St. Nick
Hound

Last edited by chalkitdown on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 41 times in total.
SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Motorstorm 3 seen in the wild?
by SEP » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:27 am

gooseberry fool sub-title.

Rodders9
Joined in 2008

by Rodders9 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 am

Chalky et al are going to soil themselves!

PSN: Odontochelys
Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 am

3D I reckons.

jafro360
Joined in 2008

by jafro360 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 am

All they need to do is to add some variation in some of the modes , the racing was excellent and brilliant fun online but they could have some other modes to make it even more enjoyable. Imagine a destruction derby mode where you in an arena and you have to take down other players and the last one standing wins. There is alot of potential in this game.

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:34 am

Easily the most irritating racing game I've ever played. Can be fun sometimes though. Seems like total bullshit to me, but obviously it's going to happen at some point.

$ilva $hadow
Joined in 2008

by $ilva $hadow » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 pm

MORE Havoks physics! Easily the most fun racer I've played due to the map designs. The game is just damn epic. I would love to see another Motorstorm game.

Edit signature
Your signature will appear like this in posts
Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Surprised they are bothering with another one, the last game bombed hard and was bargain binned within a few weeks.

I suppose this one will have boats or planes in it to try and get over Pacific Rift.

Neogaf: Riky
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:02 pm

CuriousOyster wrote:Easily the most irritating racing game I've ever played. Can be fun sometimes though. Seems like total bullshit to me, but obviously it's going to happen at some point.

It's all about the multiplayer. The single player is very annoying as the computer always cheats.

$ilva $hadow
Joined in 2008

by $ilva $hadow » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Rik wrote:Surprised they are bothering with another one, the last game bombed hard and was bargain binned within a few weeks.

I suppose this one will have boats or planes in it to try and get over Pacific Rift.

:O motorstorm 2 bombed hard? Why? They were even doing console bundles with it. The game is fan-fucking-tastic.

Edit signature
Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:21 pm

I find it's a constant struggle just to control your vehicle in Motorstorm. They're not very responsive and a bit too prone to utter disaster from the smallest of bumps.

instagram: @habiz
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Didn't Pacific Rift sell a million in its first 3 months on sale? Hardly a flop. And it's still got a huge online community over a year and a half after its release. What other racing game can you say that about?

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Harry Bizzle wrote:I find it's a constant struggle just to control your vehicle in Motorstorm. They're not very responsive and a bit too prone to utter disaster from the smallest of bumps.

That's what wrecked it for me. I suppose that is some of the fun for other people. I presume it's supposed to read Motorstorm 3: The First Playable Code, or something to that effect and is not actually the sub-title. :lol:

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Mary wrote:Didn't Pacific Rift sell a million in its first 3 months on sale? Hardly a flop. And it's still got a huge online community over a year and a half after its release. What other racing game can you say that about?

I don't think it sold more than the original...which sold more than 3 million, IIRC. Motorstorm is strawberry floating brilliant if you like the type of gameplay it offers and have a great online community :mrgreen: ...probably the best on the forum.

Anyways a third installment is always good news. Would agree it would be nice to see more modes, including a destruction derby event, and it would be nice to see old tracks from other games backward compatible.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:44 pm

CuriousOyster wrote:
Harry Bizzle wrote:I find it's a constant struggle just to control your vehicle in Motorstorm. They're not very responsive and a bit too prone to utter disaster from the smallest of bumps.

That's what wrecked it for me. I suppose that is some of the fun for other people. I presume it's supposed to read Motorstorm 3: The First Playable Code, or something to that effect and is not actually the sub-title. :lol:

I have a feeling that I haven't played it enough but I've probably played at least three or four hours of just the single player between 1 and 2 and I still find myself frustrated at almost every turn. If you don't slow down to silly speeds you'll almost always plough into a wall.

I don't really get it and between it and PURE, when I want a quick racing fix, PURE almost always wins.

instagram: @habiz
$ilva $hadow
Joined in 2008

by $ilva $hadow » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Everything you're criticising the game for is just ridiculous.

A struggle to control your vehicle? Not responsive? Prone to utter disaster form the smallest of bumps? What?

You're not playing the same game as me at all.

There's a shitload of depth in Motorstorm 2, from the terrain, to your choice of vehicle.

You know what? I'm just going to leave this one to chalky, let him talk about videogames for once rather than old hags on a marijuana based tv show.

Edit signature
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Hated the original (bored the piss out of me), but enjoyed the second one a lot more.

There's something not quite right in regards to weight & handling of the vehicles, though. They feel more like remote controlled toys that aren't properly weighted & connected to the floor - something that's carried right on over from their WRC games.

I can't say I'm pining for another one.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm

The only issue I agree with is the vehicles lack of weight. It's a problem in both games, particularly with the big rigs and monster trucks. They're way too easy to topple over. The handling in the game is fine, though. It just takes getting used to.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:20 pm

I do find the handling to be quite difficult when using the 3rd person camera, but in 1st person I have no problems with it except when you turn a corner too fast and topple over.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:24 pm

satriales wrote:I do find the handling to be quite difficult when using the 3rd person camera, but in 1st person I have no problems with it except when you turn a corner too fast and topple over.

This. But more often.

Return to “Games”