rudderless
Joined in 2009

Post[Wii] Xenoblade - EDGE [9] Gamestm 9 Eurogamer 9 etc
by rudderless » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:54 am

Official Site
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html

Scans

Details
- “The world setting, story and other elements have no relation [to the Xenosaga series]. It’s a completely new title. I wanted to to have some sort of common point with the games I’ve made.” – director Tetsuya Takahashi
- Takahashi wanted to create an enjoyable adventure
- “Xeno” has a meaning of “different nature” or uniqueness, meaning of “Blade” will be revealed in the game’s ending
- Two gods battled many, many years ago, at the end of the battle only their corpses remained
- Xenoblade takes place on the god’s corpses and the rest is ocean
- Inspiration for the setting came from a meeting regarding Soma Bringer, other members of the dev. team liked the idea
- “It seemed like it would be enjoyable to adventure on top of the body of a giant god.”
- Model of the gods in their resting position (see scan) was created before game development: “It was of great help when explaining the project to Nintendo”
- Takahasi says the world is about the size of Japan from one corpse to the other
- Can access more of the world as you progress, will be able to enter one the body of a god
- The world is vertically large: “From the start of the project, we thought it would be interesting if we could make use of a vertical construction.”
- Areas of the world are related to the gods’ bodies
- Much variety, weather/monster ecology included (ex: one regional feature is that you can go to the top of one of the gods, see an aurora)
- There are enemies living in the corpses
- Player on one god (houses organic life), mechanical life on the other
- The start of the story: “It’s simple — the fight against mechanical life that threatens the peace of mankind.”
- Begin on the right foot of the player’s god, in an empty cave (developers decided on this before the game’s development started), make your way to the head of the god
- Game keeps track of where you should be going (includes both the main story and sub quests)
- Can warp to previously visited areas
- There will be some systems that will make sure you don’t lose your way
- Seamless movement through the world: “We’ve put effort into this, because we felt that in order to show a living world, we needed an overwhelming sense of scale, like that of an MMORPG.”
- Takahasi hopes players will walk around, explore areas that contain beautiful settings
- You’ll encounter some enemies that can’t be defeated initially, you’ll need to power up your character and battle them later
- Enemies will be on the fields, if you encounter one you’ll battle it
- Takahasi didn’t want to have a typical RPG field-to-battle transition, it’s seamless
- Other enemies nearby will join battles
- Two AI characters will join you and be a part of your party
- Character carries out attacks automatically, you choose special skills (“arts”)
- Can execute attack skills, recovery skills, etc. through “arts”, learn more as you progress
- 50 – 60 hours, won’t be just leveling up and event scenes
- Releasing in Japan this spring

[iup=3595962]KB[/iup] wrote:People like Glen Whelan have a proper face!
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xenoblade (formerly Monado) announced for 2010 release (Wii)
by Christopher » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am

Go Nintendo today :lol:

rudderless
Joined in 2009

by rudderless » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:57 am

Amazing. New Pokémon, Metroid release date and two big JRPG releases for this year. And all before E3.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 pm

rudderless wrote:Amazing. New Pokémon, Metroid release date and two big JRPG releases for this year. And all before E3.

Tell me about :lol: This is so unlike Nintendo, I love it :wub:

I said last year that 2010 is looking like the year of Wii for me and seems like Nintendo aren't letting me down :wub:

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:13 pm

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Nintendo emplyee this morning: Image

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
rudderless
Joined in 2009

by rudderless » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm

I'd like to see some new shots of these games. Wonder if they're imminent?

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 pm

rudderless wrote:I'd like to see some new shots of these games. Wonder if they're imminent?

Me too, but just knowing we are getting two JRPGs from good studios is enough to make me moist right now :oops:

rudderless
Joined in 2009

by rudderless » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:18 pm

After Odyssey, I'm particularly excited about the Mistwalker one. The music's getting me misty-eyed already.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 pm

rudderless wrote:After Odyssey, I'm particularly excited about the Mistwalker one. The music's getting me misty-eyed already.

Let's take that to The Last Story thread :shifty:

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:21 pm

rudderless wrote:I'd like to see some new shots of these games. Wonder if they're imminent?

This is from the GAF thread:

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
BAKA
Joined in 2008

by BAKA » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:48 pm

The last I saw of Monado it looked very reminicent of FFXI x FFXII. It looked like it had been pretty heavy into development too, I wonder if the re-titling / branding is due to changes in the game itself. It seems strange the site isn't loaded with loads of screenshots.

Uppa
Joined in 2008

by Uppa » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Wahey--I was wondering what was going on with this! I was worried things had gone somewhat off-track.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Looks at thread title: :|
Looks at the pic Maf posted: :shock:

The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [Wii] Xenoblade - 2010
by The Alchemist Penguin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Famitsu had a big blow out on this! I edited everything into the first post for handiness sake.

Official Site
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html

Scans

Details
- “The world setting, story and other elements have no relation [to the Xenosaga series]. It’s a completely new title. I wanted to to have some sort of common point with the games I’ve made.” – director Tetsuya Takahashi
- Takahashi wanted to create an enjoyable adventure
- “Xeno” has a meaning of “different nature” or uniqueness, meaning of “Blade” will be revealed in the game’s ending
- Two gods battled many, many years ago, at the end of the battle only their corpses remained
- Xenoblade takes place on the god’s corpses and the rest is ocean
- Inspiration for the setting came from a meeting regarding Soma Bringer, other members of the dev. team liked the idea
- “It seemed like it would be enjoyable to adventure on top of the body of a giant god.”
- Model of the gods in their resting position (see scan) was created before game development: “It was of great help when explaining the project to Nintendo”
- Takahasi says the world is about the size of Japan from one corpse to the other
- Can access more of the world as you progress, will be able to enter one the body of a god
- The world is vertically large: “From the start of the project, we thought it would be interesting if we could make use of a vertical construction.”
- Areas of the world are related to the gods’ bodies
- Much variety, weather/monster ecology included (ex: one regional feature is that you can go to the top of one of the gods, see an aurora)
- There are enemies living in the corpses
- Player on one god (houses organic life), mechanical life on the other
- The start of the story: “It’s simple — the fight against mechanical life that threatens the peace of mankind.”
- Begin on the right foot of the player’s god, in an empty cave (developers decided on this before the game’s development started), make your way to the head of the god
- Game keeps track of where you should be going (includes both the main story and sub quests)
- Can warp to previously visited areas
- There will be some systems that will make sure you don’t lose your way
- Seamless movement through the world: “We’ve put effort into this, because we felt that in order to show a living world, we needed an overwhelming sense of scale, like that of an MMORPG.”
- Takahasi hopes players will walk around, explore areas that contain beautiful settings
- You’ll encounter some enemies that can’t be defeated initially, you’ll need to power up your character and battle them later
- Enemies will be on the fields, if you encounter one you’ll battle it
- Takahasi didn’t want to have a typical RPG field-to-battle transition, it’s seamless
- Other enemies nearby will join battles
- Two AI characters will join you and be a part of your party
- Character carries out attacks automatically, you choose special skills (“arts”)
- Can execute attack skills, recovery skills, etc. through “arts”, learn more as you progress
- 50 – 60 hours, won’t be just leveling up and event scenes
- Releasing in Japan this spring

Oxx
Joined in 2008

by Oxx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Looks better than what they showed at E3 last year.

The battle screen looks quite cluttered.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Looking very good :D

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:29 pm

That looks freakin awesome :shock:

The Alchemist Penguin
Joined in 2008

by The Alchemist Penguin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Oxx wrote:The battle screen looks quite cluttered.

Yeah, the character faces aren't really needed. The icons seem to be trying to make it user friendly, or maybe you point at them with the Remote, but it definitely isn't as neat looking as the one in FFXII.

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Oh my, this looks rather special.

Return to “Games”