Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | [REDACTED] Direct to follow the showcase

Anything to do with games at all.
ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

PostXbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | [REDACTED] Direct to follow the showcase
by ITSMILNER » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:05 pm

Mark your calendars! The Xbox Games Showcase will be livestreamed on June 9, 2024, starting at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST (additional time zones below).

Like our double-feature last year with Starfield Direct, immediately following the Showcase we'll be airing a special deep-dive into the next installment of a beloved franchise. We can't say much, so for now we'll call it the Xbox Games Showcase followed by [REDACTED] Direct.

This will also be our first Showcase featuring games from our portfolio of studios across Activision, Blizzard, Bethesda and Xbox Game Studios, in addition to titles from our third-party partners.

You'll be able to enjoy both of our June 9 livestreams live through a variety of outlets, and in over 30 languages, and American Sign Language and English Audio Descriptions:

Airtime for the Xbox Games Showcase followed by [REDACTED] Direct in local time zones:

PT: June 9, 10am
ET: June 9, 1pm
BST: June 9, 6pm
CET: June 9, 7pm
JST: June 9, 2am
AEST: June 9, 3am

June 9's double-feature broadcast also kicks off a week's worth of coverage here on Xbox Wire and The Official Xbox Podcast, featuring updates and deep-dives on a ton of games.

Xbox will host a premier viewing event in Los Angeles and Xbox FanFest is giving away tickets! Enter the FanFest Sweepstakes, which begins on May 2, for a chance to win tickets or even a free trip to get you there. To get notified with more details about the event and sweepstakes, sign up for FanFest at https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/community/fanfest

twitter.com/Xbox/status/1785308276063633588

I'm guessing REDACTED is Call of Duty?

In terms of what I want to see

- More South by Midnight
- Gears 1-4 PC collection
- Gears 6
- Fable
- Glimpse of the rumoured Xbox handheld

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | [REDACTED] Direct to follow the showcase
by Monkey Man » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:11 pm

Microsoft is only teasing the Call of Duty Direct as “the next installment of a beloved franchise,” but sources familiar with the company’s plans tell me that this is indeed Call of Duty.

This will be the first Xbox showcase featuring games across Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, and Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios. I understand Microsoft is currently planning to announce a new Gears of War game during the show. The showcase will also include a number of release dates for upcoming Xbox games like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, Avowed, and Indiana Jones and the Great Circle.

We’ll likely get a date on when the big Shattered Space expansion is coming to Starfield. Todd Howard recently revealed it’s due in the fall, and I understand Bethesda is currently targeting September. Activision is targeting the next Call of Duty for late October, with Avowed and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 likely to follow in November and Indiana Jones in December.

Microsoft is supposed to have a lot of games to show this year, more than the 2023 showcase. We should expect to hear how the 2025 lineup is looking, with some launch dates for some anticipated Xbox games.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/30/2414 ... uty-direct

rinks
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | [REDACTED] Direct to follow the showcase
by rinks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pm

If you hadn't said CoD, I'd have looked at that three-headed logo and thought of Cerberus and Mass Effect.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 am

twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1785312314884858053

Gears collection I assume.

I'm personally expecting to see Indy, Avowed, Gears 6, Stalker 2, COD & Starfield DLC. Hoping to see Everwild, State of Decay 3, Forza Horizon 6, Perfect Dark, Banjo & Oblivion remake.

Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

by Pedz » Wed May 01, 2024 10:41 am

They're showing Gears 7 to!?!?

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am

Gears Collection for PC and PlayStation, Gears 6 exclusive to Xbox?

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 am

I’ll be day one on a Gears collection for Steam :toot:

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Wed May 01, 2024 12:51 pm

Nice to see they're still keeping the June showcase going. E3 might be dead, but summer will always be the huge event of announcements, it seems.

Interesting that there's more games than last year's showcase. Should mean they're going to be showing off those games we've known of for years. As long as there's a racing game, I'm happy. And a good look at Fable will be nice, as well.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Wed May 01, 2024 12:59 pm

It’s the first showcase that they can now show Activision, Blizzard, Bethesda and Xbox Studios games all in one show, plus they said third party games too.

Gonna be at least 2hrs I reckon.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Wed May 01, 2024 1:02 pm

KK wrote:Gears Collection for PC and PlayStation, Gears 6 exclusive to Xbox?

They won’t announce anything for PlayStation at an Xbox Showcase.

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Wed May 01, 2024 1:08 pm

Photek wrote:They won’t announce anything for PlayStation at an Xbox Showcase.

It'll be interesting to see if this is the case. Microsoft are publishing on Sony and Nintendo platforms so I'd imagine they'd take the opportunity to publicise the games. It could be a canny move, too; it'll get more eyes on the show and potentially open them to other Xbox stuff.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Wed May 01, 2024 1:23 pm

jawa_ wrote:
Photek wrote:They won’t announce anything for PlayStation at an Xbox Showcase.

It'll be interesting to see if this is the case. Microsoft are publishing on Sony and Nintendo platforms so I'd imagine they'd take the opportunity to publicise the games. It could be a canny move, too; it'll get more eyes on the show and potentially open them to other Xbox stuff.

Even third party games at an XBOX showcase won't mention Playstation anywhere, the same with a PS State of Play/Nintendo Direct, they don't mention Xbox even when games are releasing on everything, no idea why you think that's going to change anytime soon.

If they go on to expand on the 4 (is it?) games they made multi platform then they might start.

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Wed May 01, 2024 5:00 pm

I guess it depends on how deep Microsoft are going in on the multiformat angle and, right now, we don't really know. It's a tricky situation; do they not talk about their games on other platforms or would it make business sense to do so? Draw more people in to watch the show, when they perhaps otherwise wouldn't?

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Thu May 02, 2024 2:21 am

A properly remastered Gears would be nice.
I thought the first game looked great on the 360 so seeing it running on a XSX now they're really starting to unleash the full power of the console should look pretty fantastic.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Thu May 02, 2024 9:08 am

twitter.com/CompulsionGames/status/1785709924158259298

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 am

I really hope this doesn't end up a We Happy Few situation and South by Midnight ends up being something completely different to what people are expecting.

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 am

ITSMILNER wrote:I really hope this doesn't end up a We Happy Few situation and South by Midnight ends up being something completely different to what people are expecting.

A cover shooter with karting elements.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu May 02, 2024 10:23 am

rinks wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:I really hope this doesn't end up a We Happy Few situation and South by Midnight ends up being something completely different to what people are expecting.

A cover shooter with karting elements.

I’m strangely interested :lol:

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu May 02, 2024 1:48 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:A properly remastered Gears would be nice.
I thought the first game looked great on the 360 so seeing it running on a XSX now they're really starting to unleash the full power of the console should look pretty fantastic.

You know it already got a remaster on Xbox One right?

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Thu May 02, 2024 1:51 pm

Photek wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:A properly remastered Gears would be nice.

You know it already got a remaster on Xbox One right?

Fair enough but I'd just like to see what the XSX can do now they seem to be really getting the hang of using it.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.

Return to “Games”